No announcement yet.

Defensive injuries.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This _defense does not have what it takes to become a good NFL defense. If this was any other place besides the Mane, I would be shocked at the amount of people that are freekin clueless. We are not a player or 2 away from being good, let alone one of the top D's in the league. Out D line is okay, The LB's are proving to be less than we thought they were at one point. Besides DRC, the rest of our DB's are at or below average... Not a game changer in the lot. Add to this they are unreliable and undisciplined, Bad plays, missed tackles and a handful of bone head plays every game. This was game # 14, at what point are they going to get it together? The answer is they will not. They give up way too many points to be considered a threat to any team in the NFL, The pressure from the line has disappeared and take a way's have become a distant memory.

Unless the offense can hang 40+ each and every game, they will go no where in the post season and the 1 and done is a real possibility. What we saw tonight is hardly a top 10 team let alone a contender for a title.

With the coaching we have and the lack of talent, I do not see this team as nothing more than a pretender.

Comment

bottom 5 defense.
      cant get off the field, could not stop the run, blueprint for others to follow.
      And PFM did not look like he was confident throwing any passes more than 20 yards downfield,
      WTF happened to the thomas duet after the first quarter?
      I hope this can be blamed on a short week because out broncos looked like pretenders, not contenders in all 3 phases of the game.

Comment

It all starts with the pass rush and there's not much there to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by wolf754life View Post
          right, like the patriots
          Gave up 500 yards to the browns...

Comment

Originally posted by Doggcow View Post
            Gave up 500 yards to the browns...
            Bottom line is they found a way to win the game. Can the Broncos win a playoff game in NE with this defense even without Gronkowski playing?

The Bronco defense just has not been solid enough this year and given up far too many points and a mediocre defense with injuries is even worse.

Comment

Theres just a lack of talent there. Besides Von and DRC the rest are a bunch of undrafted or late round guys. To be honest, the coaches have probably gotten more from some of these guys then they should have. I bet if you go strictly by where a guy was drafted, we have the least talented defense in football. I count 6 d starters last night who werent picked.

Comment

Originally posted by barryr View Post
                Bottom line is they found a way to win the game. Can the Broncos win a playoff game in NE with this defense even without Gronkowski playing?

The Bronco defense just has not been solid enough this year and given up far too many points and a mediocre defense with injuries is even worse.
                They won the game after retrieving an onside kick and getting a gift PI call. Pure luck.

And it kind of has gotten lost that the defense made two key stops last night that got ****ed up by others. First they got a great field position stop and Irving jumped offside on the punt. They also got a stop to put the offense in position to tie, and there was an interception in Denver territory.

The defense was dog **** throughout the game, to be sure, but lets not lose track of the fact they actually did make some plays in the fourth.

Comment

Originally posted by whoeey View Post
                  This d is terrible. Kinda like wtf terrible.

YES.

Comment

I don't blame injuries.

Cause this defense sucks with all those guys healthy and playing.

Comment

Can we get healthy for playoffs who knows. D can't be fixed now so we got to go with what little talent we have now. Reason for concern last night was a playoff style game and we struggled to get off field.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                        I don't blame injuries.

Cause this defense sucks with all those guys healthy and playing.

Yep

Comment

Originally posted by eddie mac View Post
                          It all starts with the pass rush and there's not much there to be honest.
                          We dicked with last year's insanely successful formula. And then tacked on some injuries. Need Wolfe back yesterday.

Comment

Yes, injuries have hurt but I have been watching Bronco games for 30 years and last night was the first time I changed the channel when our d was on the field...its too hard to watch...

Comment

the defense has been giving up 26-27 points per game for most of the season. I'd rather not focus on something that can't be fixed.

If anything, I want to know why the #1 offense in the NFL was stymied most of the night by one of the worst defenses in the NFL this year.

I'm going to chalk this up to Thursday night/entire team laying an egg game.

Comment

Originally posted by barryr View Post
                                Bottom line is they found a way to win the game.
                                Sure they did.....their offense had to save them from a putrid defensive showing....giving up nearly 400 passing yards to Jason friggin Campbell.

Face it.....New England's defense is horrible.

Comment

Working...
                                X