Kayvon Webster to have surgery on injured thumb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kayvon Webster to have surgery on injured thumb

Broncos rookie cornerback Kayvon Webster will undergo surgery Friday on his thumb.

The team does not believe it’s a season-ending injury. Considering there are just two regular-season games remaining before the playoffs, Webster may not miss more than next Sunday’s game at Houston.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...surgery/24060/

ha ha. Awesome.

I wonder what Champ will be doing next weekend? "Houston's 2-11, I may have to dress this game! Oh wait, they have Andre Johnson? Ack, shooting pain in my foot… Can't play… only 96%. Sorry boys. Go get em' though!"

Comment

tony carter time

Comment

Maybe he can have surgery to repair his anus as well.

Comment

carter/jammer will be better

Comment

27-20 sorry but the offense lost this game

Comment

Did Jammer even play today? Seems like he got benched after last week's poor performance.

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post
                27-20 sorry but the offense lost this game
                You sir, well, where can I buy the **** you smoke?

Comment

Originally posted by bpc View Post
                  Did Jammer even play today? Seems like he got benched after last week's poor performance.
                  Thank god, Jammer is far worse than Kayvon who actually played pretty well. Its not his fault we got minimal pressure on Rivers who was on target

Comment

Back to pea-brain Tony Carter. It just keeps getting better and better.

Comment

Originally posted by kappys View Post
                      Thank god, Jammer is far worse than Kayvon who actually played pretty well. Its not his fault we got minimal pressure on Rivers who was on target
                      I won't string up Webster. He didn't have a great game, but he played hard. At the end of the day he's a rookie. He'll be better off for the experience he gains this year. At least he's dressing and playing. I'm sure he busted his finger early in this game but played through it because the team needed it. Could have sat it out like ol' #24.

Comment

ha ha. Awesome.

I wonder what Champ will be doing next weekend? "Houston's 2-11, I may have to dress this game! Oh wait, they have Andre Johnson? Ack, shooting pain in my foot… Can't play… only 96%. Sorry boys. Go get em' though!"
                        I'm sorry. I love champ, but this is too funny.

Comment

I won't string up Webster. He didn't have a great game, but he played hard. At the end of the day he's a rookie. He'll be better off for the experience he gains this year. At least he's dressing and playing. I'm sure he busted his finger early in this game but played through it because the team needed it. Could have sat it out like ol' #24.
                          Kayvon played better than people want to give him credit for - at least this game. A couple of times he got beat on absolutely perfect throws - including the TD that bounced off his arm and right into the hands of the Chargers WR. He is solid in run support. I think he'll end up being a good player for us.

If we had an even somewhat competent safety to help him then those deep completions don't happen. Good safeties know where the weaknesses are on defense - i.e. not DRC or Carter and cheat to prevent them. Of course if our safeties were preoccupied with the run I could give them some leeway but its not like Boldin was involved in any of those plays either. I don't expect Kayvon to be a lock down corner as a late 3rd round pick in his rookie year.

As for #24 I don't really blame him. He can't run anymore - whether its pain or lack of fitness or whatever doesn't really matter. He's a liability out there and he knows it - better to let Kayvon play who can at least keep up with the WR's in the league even if he gets beat. Don't really blame the coaching staff either - they took a gamble that he could return late in the season to help us out and it didn't pay off. Its not like there was some waiver wire gold that we passed up on to keep Champ on the roster. I suppose we could have kept King on the roster but that doesnt' seem like much of a loss either.

Comment

Also a near complete lack of a pass rush really did not do Webster any favors. If your corners get beat you want them to get beat by inches, not yards or feet, and for the most part that's what happened. Dude does need to start getting his head turned around sooner. Right now his ball awareness is terrible.

All that said I still think the dude might be a better safety than corner. Unless he starts showing ball awareness and ball skills, I'll probably continue to think that.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
                              Also a near complete lack of a pass rush really did not do Webster any favors. If your corners get beat you want them to get beat by inches, not yards or feet, and for the most part that's what happened. Dude does need to start getting his head turned around sooner. Right now his ball awareness is terrible.

All that said I still think the dude might be a better safety than corner. Unless he starts showing ball awareness and ball skills, I'll probably continue to think that.
                              I agree with first statement. I didn't think he played badly; I thought Phyllis just played great and deadly accurate. That comes from lack of fear of a pass rush. As you said, not his fault. As far as ball awareness goes, he's a rookie that is being forced into more playing time than he can handle at this point.

Comment

Working...
                              X