• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chargers Ran the Ball 44 times (M)

nice adjustments Jack

nice rotations John Fox

paris lenon is great against the run

Bitch boy only shows up after losses. You kept your trap shut these past few weeks. This makes you a coward.

Comment

Originally posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
      b**** boy only shows up after losses. You kept your trap shut these past few weeks. This makes you a coward.
      come at me bro!

Comment

But he's right. Adjustments suck and any notion that Lenon > WW deserves ridicule.

Comment

What the **** was up with the WW demotion? Are we saving him for special teams? A game like tonight makes that look really f'n stupid.

Comment

Jack Del erious

Comment

Originally posted by wolf754life View Post
              come at me bro!
              Ok, that was kind of funny.

Comment

just telling you, alot of old timers and die hards are really pissed off at this coaching staff, that isn't going away any time soon

no one trusts this coaching staff in tight games

Comment

44 Rushing attempts by the Chargers

This is what I saw for 14 years in Indy. The Colts we horrible on run defense and that kept Peyton off the field in the playoffs. They get down by a TD or two, and the defense pins their ears back and comes after him. The officials swallow their whistles, and an already soft corp of receivers can't separate and spend most of their time looking for an interference call. We saw it in NE, last month, in Indy in October, and tonight vs SD. On top of all that the defense gave up 189 yards rushing on 42 carries by Mathews. Denver is in the bottom of every statistical category of defense. TOP, Passing defense, plays over 20 yards, and 3rd down efficiency. I'm sure there are categories for penalties, and missed tackles, and would bet they are at or near the top in those areas too.

In the playoffs, THE TEAMS ARE BETTER! Duh... In the playoffs, you must run, and stop the run. Tonight the offense was put in terrible field position by not being able to run or stop the run. A drop here, a holding penalty there, and the next thing you know the offense has no continuity and loses the field position battle.

The Broncos held the ball for a paltry 20 minutes. They had minus -1 yard in the 2nd quarter. For years Peyton's spectacular play could dominate in the regular season, and carry a team into the playoffs, but it takes 4 things to win in the tournament:

1. Stop the run
                  2. Be able to possess the ball with a strong running game to keep the defense off the field, flip field position, and most importantly be balanced and make the defense honor both areas of your offense.
                  3. Don't give up big chunk plays. The Broncos are 31st in the league giving up plays over 20 yards.
                  4. Discipline - that means no turnovers, no stupid penalties, and no drops. The Broncos are 5th in the NFL in drops going into tonight's game where they had THREE more. Decker, JT, and Caldwell all had big 3rd down drops.

I realize there have been some injuries, but Peyton's arm is only about 75% of what it was before the strip sack by Mathis against the Colts, so if he doesn't have a clean pocket, he just can't arm it out here like he used to. Hell, he was only about 85% of what he used to be BEFORE the Indy game. I can see it coming, this was a prime example of a playoff game where if Peyton doesn't have an MVP game he gets called a choker. When he brought the team back against the Chargers earlier this year, you take those games for granted. But when the defense plays like it did tonight, and he's just average, he gets the blame. In his 14 years in Indy, he carried about 8 of those teams to the playoffs that had no business being there. This is not a playoff team with all the injuries, yet, Peyton is about accept his 5th MVP trophy and take them to the best record in the league. It's the nature of the beast I guess for the average fan to blame #18 for a loss when he doesn't throw 5 TD's. Be glad you have him, because players like Manning don't come around very often, and be prepared to struggle in the playoffs unless this defense makes some type of miracle turnaround.

I'm really concerned about the direction of this team from a team standpoint. Too many penalties, missed tackles, turnovers, special team blunders, and drops. These are symptoms of an unfocused team. John Fox was let go in Carolina for these very same issues, yet I hear talk of a contract extension.

Comment

Don't understand the hositlity. Wolf is spot on

Comment

Paris Lenon is a career enigma. There's a few player in the NFL that have long careers while never being anything special. He's one of them. I don't think a single person here had heard of him until this year. Our coaching staff is a ****ing mess.

Comment

Originally posted by wolf754life View Post
                        just telling you, alot of old timers and die hards are really pissed off at this coaching staff, that isn't going away any time soon

no one trusts this coaching staff in tight games
                        And they are talking about giving Fox an extension? He got fired in Carolina for a reason. Del Rio got fired for a reason. Not only are the schemes questionable, but the team discipline and execution are horrible. This is not the first time Holliday has been benched for not doing his job. Yet they keep trotting him out there expecting to catch lightening in a bottle.

Comment

Broncos just need to hold the edge and wrap up. Every one of their big runs came either on the outside where they couldn't hold the edge, or after the RB was hit in the backfield. They do a good job of stuffing it up the middle.

Comment

I know we gave up 27 points and that's too much but our offense only scored 20. The offense was simply pathetic tonight. Blame goes on them.

Comment

Overrated rush d is overrated

Comment

Working...
                              X