Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1917

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by gunns View Post
    1917 cleaned up at the Golden Globes and Parasite at the SAG awards. I heard, after the Oscars, that many thought Sam Mendez should have won best director. I saw 1917 and loved it. Have not seen Parasite, but look forward to seeing it. OP basically stated his opinion. Then others stated theirs but insinuated others were wrong with their opinions. There is no right or wrong with opinions and that's all we have here.
    everyone has an opinion, some are just more wrong than others.
    People who say they respect every persons opinion dont have enough respect for their own opinion to tell stoopid people to go farque themselves,
    and that is why we all need amusements.

    I can respect a persons right to an opinion, to not have an opinion is to be a turnip.
    But just having the right to an opinion does not make the opinion any less stoopid.

    Comment


    • #32
      Just saw 1917. I thought it was a very good, very well done movie. Personally, I thought it was better than Dunkirk. Emotionally, it didn't hit me as hard as the opening scenes of Saving Private Ryan, but I found the plot premise more believable than Private Ryan.

      Im very glad that I saw this one in the theater, the cinematography we definitely worth it. The single shot effect was compelling, but I had similar issues with the "timeline" of an 8 hour journey compressed into a "single shot 2 hours". It bugged me, but not enough to ruin the film for me. The ugly reality of what WW1 trench warfare must have been like hits home hard.



      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by milehighJC View Post
        Emotionally, it didn't hit me as hard as the opening scenes of Saving Private Ryan, but I found the plot premise more believable than Private Ryan.
        This statement is intriguing because, although Saving Private Ryan is mostly fiction, the plot premise is the part that is actually true.

        Comment


        • #34
          1917 movie was ok but the Midway movie was much better IMHO

          Comment


          • #35
            war is some stoopid shyte.
            humans are incredible creatures.
            1917 amazing cinema.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by milehighJC View Post
              Just saw 1917. I thought it was a very good, very well done movie. Personally, I thought it was better than Dunkirk. Emotionally, it didn't hit me as hard as the opening scenes of Saving Private Ryan, but I found the plot premise more believable than Private Ryan.

              Im very glad that I saw this one in the theater, the cinematography we definitely worth it. The single shot effect was compelling, but I had similar issues with the "timeline" of an 8 hour journey compressed into a "single shot 2 hours". It bugged me, but not enough to ruin the film for me. The ugly reality of what WW1 trench warfare must have been like hits home hard.


              Connecting emotionally with the Audience has always been Spielberg's money maker. So, it's not surprising that his war film would elicit a more emotional reaction than Mendes. I haven't seeing 1917 yet, but really want to. I've heard a lot of good things about it.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
                everyone has an opinion, some are just more wrong than others.
                People who say they respect every persons opinion dont have enough respect for their own opinion to tell stoopid people to go farque themselves,
                and that is why we all need amusements.

                I can respect a persons right to an opinion, to not have an opinion is to be a turnip.
                But just having the right to an opinion does not make the opinion any less stoopid.
                I agree, to an extent. You have every right to tell someone you think they are wrong, but what is the point of posting "go farque themselves"? Generally, when someone attacts someone like that or calls names, it means the other post has obviously touched a feeler and the person "stoopidily responds like that."

                Comment


                • #38
                  The overarching message that I personally took from the film is always always always move forward, don't look back. Captain Smith's (Mark Strong) message do not dwell on your loss....

                  Sometimes we want to know what the Brits mean when they say stuff about keeping a "stiff upper lip," this movie conveys it.

                  Always move forward regardless of the obstacle. Press on and don't look back. That's it.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    i walked out an hour in. i thought it was boring as **** and those dudes were pussies.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by yerner View Post
                      i walked out an hour in. i thought it was boring as **** and those dudes were pussies.
                      in the jack black version of king kong, the ape does not even appear until 1 hour in...
                      millenials have the parience of an avalanche.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by yerner View Post
                        i walked out an hour in. i thought it was boring as **** and those dudes were pussies.
                        they were english.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Eh I just can't get excited for yet another war movie.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by gunns View Post

                            I agree, to an extent. You have every right to tell someone you think they are wrong, but what is the point of posting "go farque themselves"? Generally, when someone attacts someone like that or calls names, it means the other post has obviously touched a feeler and the person "stoopidily responds like that."
                            its comedy.
                            read it again, consider the source, get in tune with your sarcastic, cinical side,
                            and understand the message.
                            be well.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X