Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philip Rivers officially no longer a Charger

https://www.si.com/nfl/chargers/news...ers-16-seasons

"After stepping back a bit from last season, we reconnected with Philip and his representatives to look at how 2019 played out, assess our future goals, evaluate the current state of the roster and see if there was a path forward that made sense for both parties," general manager Tom Telesco said in a team statement. "As we talked through various scenarios, it became apparent that it would be best for Philip and the Chargers to turn the page on what has truly been a remarkable run."
    16 years is a good run...

I think all the qb’s from the 04’ class need to hang them up and move on. Rivers was a cool guy and good qb but watching his eye burners last season was hard.

Comment

"keeping it classy. "

Comment

I think he should retire and wait for a mid season injury and a phone call.

Comment

I'd bet Teddy Bridgewater will be his replacement. Hopefully they don't tank for TL.

Comment

Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
            I think he should retire and wait for a mid season injury and a phone call.
            Doesn't have to wait that long. I maintain that Tampa Bay (Who really need to move on from Winston) is already a good fit for him. Sign him to a two year deal and draft a guy like Jacob Eason in the second round to sit behind him for a couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by v2micca View Post

Doesn't have to wait that long. I maintain that Tampa Bay (Who really need to move on from Winston) is already a good fit for him. Sign him to a two year deal and draft a guy like Jacob Eason in the second round to sit behind him for a couple of years.
              Phillip is already mentally in TB i'm sure. Didn't he already move his family there?

Comment

Originally posted by jmz313 View Post

Phillip is already mentally in TB i'm sure. Didn't he already move his family there?
                He moved them somewhere in Florida. Don't remember where exactly.

Comment

First inductee into the Douche HOF.

Comment

2006 best chance. Marlon Mcree prevented that. Confident they would have went on to win the SB that year. Chargers and their 3-4 scheme owned forehead Manning. Think they would have won that year.

Comment

I’m hearing the Tampa Bay connection mentioned a lot, but why would they want him? They already have a QB who throws interceptions.

Comment

Thank god Lock got to flash a little bit this year otherwise I am sure Elway would be a major player for Rivers.

Comment

Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
                          First inductee into the Douche HOF.
                          Rivers is one of those guys (when playing good) you would have a different feeling about if he was on your side.

Comment

Originally posted by v2micca View Post

He moved them somewhere in Florida. Don't remember where exactly.
                            that was his response.

Comment

I thought he was an interesting fellow. Seemed to be a good family man. His style of play was different, he was a competitor. Sure, he griped all the time, but it was worth a try to get the refs riled up. He talked a good talk, but I thought he gave props where deserved; he respected the Broncos. There were some good games between the two teams over the years. I enjoyed the pathos and comedies we saw. But through it all, the man competed. He was the Chargers for a long time.

I wish him the best.

Comment

Working...
                              X