Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone watch SB 50 today on NFL Channel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone watch SB 50 today on NFL Channel?

I watched portions of it. Forgot just how good of a season that Panthers had that season. Number 1 scoring offense. Really breezed through the playoffs. Won the NFC championship game 49 to 15. Were up 31 to 0 at the half against the Seahawks in the divisional round. Cam Newton was basically Lamar Jackson that year. The Panthers actually scored 50 more points than the Chiefs did this year and gave up the exact same amount of points...which were both top 10 in the NFL.

Wow Denver's defense was special that year.

Originally posted by Broncoblood32 View Post
    I watched portions of it. Forgot just how good of a season that Panthers had that season. Number 1 scoring offense. Really breezed through the playoffs. Won the NFC championship game 49 to 15. Were up 31 to 0 at the half against the Seahawks in the divisional round. Cam Newton was basically Lamar Jackson that year. The Panthers actually scored 50 more points than the Chiefs did this year and gave up the exact same amount of points...which were both top 10 in the NFL.

Wow Denver's defense was special that year.
    I did. Through the game all I could think was I was glad I knew the outcome. Every once in awhile Carolina would do something that made you think they were going to come back. Thank heavens for Ware, Miller, and Cam Newton!

Comment

first sign of cam the peacock.

Comment

The Pats were far better than the Panthers that year.

Comment

Originally posted by gunns View Post

I did. Through the game all I could think was I was glad I knew the outcome. Every once in awhile Carolina would do something that made you think they were going to come back. Thank heavens for Ware, Miller, and Cam Newton!
          Thank Wade Phillips for coming up with a gameplan that was completely different than any other DC did against Carolina.

https://www.catscratchreader.com/201...hers-game-plan

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
            The Pats were far better than the Panthers that year.
            No they weren't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoblood32 View Post

No they weren't.
              Not across the whole season, but game for game they put up much more of a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post

Not across the whole season, but game for game they put up much more of a fight.
                weren't the panthers 15-1?

Comment

Originally posted by jmz313 View Post

weren't the panthers 15-1?
                  Yes and there was a span where they boat raced teams, they then did it in the playoffs.

Most people thought Denver didn't stand a chance. Forgot the point spread, but it was signficant.

Comment

The Broncos beat the Pats twice that season. The Pats were 10-0 when they faced the Broncos the first time. 2015 was probably the Pats best start to a season besides 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

Thank Wade Phillips for coming up with a gameplan that was completely different than any other DC did against Carolina.

https://www.catscratchreader.com/201...hers-game-plan
                      Oh I definitely do. I just thanked Miller and Ware because of their hammering of Newton. Guess I should have thanked Wolfe too.

Comment

Originally posted by gunns View Post

Oh I definitely do. I just thanked Miller and Ware because of their hammering of Newton. Guess I should have thanked Wolfe too.
                        Stewart too cause he made Newton pee pee in his pants.

Comment

Elway built a great team, Kubiak was the glue that held them together, Wade was a rockstar at DC, Miller and the NFZ were one of the best defenses of all time.

What a great season and a great game.

Comment

Working...
                          X