Kirk Douglas, Dead at 103

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kirk Douglas, Dead at 103

One of the greats (and probably the last) from the golden age of Hollywood. https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/05/enter...bit/index.html

He starred in two of my favorite films, Paths of Glory (dir. Stanley Kubrick) and Lonely are the Brave.

Don't forget the Vikings! Released in 1958. It was Kirk D at his best.

Then there was Spartacus. Another great one.

Comment

Ace in the Hole and Champion were great too. One of my favorite actors. 103 is impressive.

Haven’t seen Lonely are the Brave.

Comment

A lion of an actor! May we all live as long as Kirk Douglas!

Comment

Comment

RIP Mr Douglas.

Comment

Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
              One of the greats (and probably the last) from the golden age of Hollywood. https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/05/enter...bit/index.html

He starred in two of my favorite films, Paths of Glory (dir. Stanley Kubrick) and Lonely are the Brave.
              Olivia De Haviland from Gone with the Wind is still alive at 103. She might be the last well known one. There are a number of early TV people that are now in their 90's

Liked most of what Kirk Douglas did.

Comment

today we are all Sparticus !
                He was instrumental in demolishing the blacklist of hollywood and putting an end to joe mccarthy !

Comment

Originally posted by mhgaffney View Post
                  Don't forget the Vikings! Released in 1958. It was Kirk D at his best.

Then there was Spartacus. Another great one.
                  I saw The Vikings on TV when I was just a kid, and loved it. I saw it again a couple of years ago on TCM, and was pleasantly surprised how well it has aged. A great flick with a strong cast that includes Tony Curtis, Ernest Borgnine, and Janet Leigh (Pyscho). RIP, Mr Douglas.

Comment

Working...
                  X