What is the best dog food?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best dog food?

I've always been good at giving my dogs plenty of natural food such as oatmeal, blueberries, turkey, chicken, fish, etc. But I usually supplement with that stuff and have used dry dog food in a bag for their main nutrition needs. I've jumped around brands and was just wondering what others use and believe is a high quality dry dog food.

KC fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Paladin View Post
      KC fans.
      Too much fat is not healthy for dogs.

Comment

You didn't say it had to be good for the dog..

Comment

most of what they serve and cook at chiefs stadium is unfit for dogs;
          that is why they serve it to chief fans instead.

Comment

Jesus H it’s gonna be a long offseason

Comment

If you are looking for some of the better rated dry kibble, you will find that Origen brand tends to be one of the more highly rated. You can find them at Pet Supply Plus, most boutique pet shops and on Amazon (but oddly, not Chewy.com right now)

Now, if high quality kibble is not enough (and for some that compete in agility, obedience, and other competitions, its not) you can go all out with custom made meals from sites like The Farmer's Dog, or other specialty vendors.

Comment

meat. dogs eat meat. keep them carnivore and they live a long time very healthy. lots of people have got their pets off meds ditching all the grain and sugar. lots of positive results on twitter. also, cbd oil helps when they get old.

Comment

Barbeque duck and goose. I was WAAAAAAYYYYYYYY ahead of that curve. I used to bbq all the birds I shot and feed them to my dog. People laughed at me at the time (90s and early 2000s) but low and behold.

Attached Files

Comment

I like Perro Frito, but some people like them grilled (Perro Asado).

Comment

That's gross.

Comment

I import vorstehund breeds from Germany. They are machines and hunt fur and feather and will gladly tangle with hogs and bears.

Almost everyone in my circle feeds Proplan 30/20 Sport all life stages.

I have also fed Acana which is really good food but too rich for everyday, but on day 5 of a week long duck hunt is good to have.

Comment

darn, the cheifs eat dog food theme was doing so well !

Comment

I make my own wet food for my dogs. I give them IAMS dry food. I've tried others, but they don't like them so I always go back to the IAMS. I think it's made of ground up Chinese dissidents.

Comment

Kibbles and Bits has been one of my go-to meals for years. You throw a little bit of warmed up gravy and some shredded cheese on it and you are golden.

Comment

Working...
                              X