Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Offseason Plotlines, Predictions, and Intrigue - What would you like to see happen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offseason Plotlines, Predictions, and Intrigue - What would you like to see happen?

I was just thinking with all the huge names floating around in free agency, the NFL could look really different next season. My mind started wandering about some awesome plot twists that could happen (not likely, but fun conjecture in the realm of possibility).

My #1 is watching how Dallas has mismanaged the Dak situation. The guy ran the top regular season offense, and he's going to get paid one way or another. Dallas doesn't like it, but they need to pay him in order to have a chance in the next couple years. My plot twist is that Dak tells Jerry to go to hell and makes a deal with the Chargers as their new franchise QB.

Plot twist #2. I know they are tight on cap space, but if they moved a couple players it would be fun to watch. The Bears figure out Trubisky will never be the guy, so they unload him to sign Tom Brady. Tom jumps ship to the NFC for a couple years to see what happens.

TB12 gies home and replaces Jimmy "Brian Griese" G for a disappointing year then retiring.

Comment

I'd like to see the fallout of Kraft forcing Brady onto Belichek for another year, assuming Belichek is Done with him.

Comment

brady* is the lynch-pin for all the movement come march.
        had not thought about him in chicago... very interesting.
        rivers
        dak
        winston
        cam the nbc peacock
        the red rifle
        tannehill
        rosen

Comment

Originally posted by jmz313 View Post
          I'd like to see the fallout of Kraft forcing Brady onto Belichek for another year, assuming Belichek is Done with him.
          delicious !

Comment

The fate of the Old Guard QB's will definitely be the predominate story-line this free agency season. Currently, Tom Brady, Philip Rivers, Drew Brees, Ryan Tannehill, Dak Prescott, Jameis Winston, and Marcus Mariota are all free agents. Predicting where each will land (or possibly retire) for the 2020 season will be the major talking point until the Draft.

So, my theory on the fate of each.....

Tom Brady: re-signs with the Patriots on a 4 year deal with little to no guaranteed money.
            Drew Brees: re-signs with Saints, like Brady, the deal has little to no guaranteed money.
            Philip Rivers: Signs an incentive laden contract with Tampa Bay.
            Ryan Tannehill: Gets a nice 5 year deal with the Titans.
            Dak Prescott: Gets Franchised, threatens to hold out, generates a ton of drama before eventually signing a deal just a tad below the Russel Wilson deal.
            Jameis Winston: Signs with the Raiders. Gruden attempts to mold him into his style of QB. Hilarity ensues.
            Marcus Mariota: Signs with the Panthers as Cam's Backup.
            Last edited by v2micca; 02-04-2020, 02:11 PM.

Comment

resign, re-sign.
              hyphen as important as a hymen.

Comment

Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
                resign, re-sign.
                hyphen as important as a hymen.
                noted and corrected.

Comment

Originally posted by v2micca View Post
                  The fate of the Old Guard QB's will definitely be the predominate story-line this free agency season. Currently, Tom Brady, Philip Rivers, Drew Brees, Ryan Tannehill, Dak Prescott, Jameis Winston, and Marcus Mariota are all free agents. Predicting where each will land (or possibly retire) for the 2020 season will be the major talking point until the Draft.

So, my theory on the fate of each.....

Tom Brady: resigns with the Patriots on a 4 year deal with little to no guaranteed money.
                  Drew Brees: resigns with Saints, like Brady, the deal has little to no guaranteed money.
                  Philip Rivers: Signs an incentive laden contract with Tampa Bay.
                  Ryan Tannehill: Gets a nice 5 year deal with the Titans.
                  Dak Prescott: Gets Franchised, threatens to hold out, generates a ton of drama before eventually signing a deal just a tad below the Russel Wilson deal.
                  Jameis Winston: Signs with the Raiders. Gruden attempts to mold him into his style of QB. Hilarity ensues.
                  Marcus Mariota: Signs with the Panthers as Cam's Backup.
                  teddy bridgewater
                  josh rosen
                  minchew
                  fiasco
                  adam sandler
                  maybe even pax... just kidding.

Comment

ZERO's offseason prediction thread -

First the QB's

Brady. Back in NE....terms of the deal not really important...he's back and they go and try and sign some peices for him to work with. Julien Edleman can't be anyones No.1 WR....NE makes one last run, gets in as 6th seed in 2020....champions die hard.

Brees....back with Saints on one year expensive deal.

Rivers...Done. Will decide to semi retire (will come out of retirement for injury to star QB)

Tannehill...back with Titans on 3 year deal. (also they resing Henry...that teams identity is tied to strongly to him to let him go, they live to regret the contract)

Bridgewater....enticed by Sean Peyton to sign on with the Saints long term....slated to take over after the 2020 season.

Mariotta....signed by Raiders to compete with Carr. Carr loses competition...Mariotta gets fresh start with Gruden.

Josh Rosen is traded to......the Colts for a 5th. Rosen gets chance to compete for starting job.

Paxton Lynch....invited to Steelers camp with chance to compete for no.2 He wins the job.

Alex Smith.....possibly cut, but more likely agrees to renogotiate deal...in a move to bring him back to Kansas City to be Mahomes backup.

Chase Daniel. Cut from bears due to cap....signs on to be veteran mentor to Drew Lock. Lock cant hack it...Fangio inserts Daniel into lineup week 8 to try and salavage season and wild card berth. Kansas City fans who also love MIZZOU can't stand to see two of their tiger heros in bronco orange at the same time.

Dak....has Jerry by the balls and knows it....gets a deal GREATER than Russell Wilson (driving the pricetag for Mahomes up...BARF)

Winston...Ultimately back with Tampa...Arians is old and doesn't have time to screw around with a new QB....signs him to a more team friendly deal.

WAY TOO EARLY to call playoff teams and super bowl pick (will of course make final predictions at the end of preseason...assuming I don't die first.)

AFC

1. KC
                    2. Baltimore
                    3. Buffalo
                    4. Jacksonville
                    5. Pittsburg
                    6. New England

(Denver goes 9-7 and misses last spot.)

NFC

1. Dallas
                    2. Atlanta
                    3. Detroit
                    4. Seattle
                    5. Minnesota
                    6. New Orleans

Super Bowl

KC over Dallas

Other predictions -

Bill O'Brien is fired from all of his jobs at the end of the season. Eric Bienemy is their new coach with a mandate to maximize the talent of D Watson.
                    Adam Gase is fired.
                    Belichick and Brady lose in first round of playoffs.....both retire. Baby Hoodie is new coach.
                    Pete Carrol retires after Seattle loses in divisional round.
                    Minnesota fires Zimmer after wild card round playoff loss.
                    Matt Patricia gets and extension.

The Broncos are sold as even though Brittany becomes an executive....when it comes down to it....the whole family has to agree on ONE of them to be in charge.....they can't agree on that and it becomes evident that it's best...and inevitable they sell. Bezos buys the team. He is too hands on and thinks he knows everything.

NFL wanting a 17th game in bargaining agreement is a real thing. Owners concede some revenue to get it done...but mostly an owner friendly deal again.....Leauge does reduce preseason to 2 games. Season is extended...all teams get 2 byes...and 17th Games for all teams are neutral site. Some of those will be international games...some will be local....for example...Chiefs and Vikings meat up for a clash in Lincoln Nebraska....Broncos and Seahawks face off in Boise. Dallas and Arizona go head to head in Ablequerque. .....you get the idea....gives alot of college stadiums a shot to host an NFL game in a region you don't have a team perhaps.....or Patriots VS Lions from Montreal or Toronto...that kind of thing.NFL will sell every single one of those out....at a premium price...thus boosting attendence and revenue...plus of course the extra game on TV is more $$$....the small concession to the players will pay off in spades.

Dan Orlovsky ends up on Monday night football.

CBS retains Tony Romo...and also extend his duties to their golf coverage.

the Jags to London on a permanent basis rumors start to heat up.

The Chargers being sold and moved back to SD rumors persist (but won't happen even if they should)

The XFL folds after a year.

Comment

Lay off the booze, Zero.

Comment

Did you drink gas on Sunday night Zero?

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	8CBBC258-C4C0-4D29-AE7C-0D3E0FE3FA62.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	44.8 KB ID:	2566665

Comment

Zero is just on a super high right now. I’ll let him have his fun.

experiencing a super bowl win as a lifelong fan is something special. He’s gettin his.

Comment

Originally posted by cmhargrove View Post
                              I was just thinking with all the huge names floating around in free agency, the NFL could look really different next season. My mind started wandering about some awesome plot twists that could happen (not likely, but fun conjecture in the realm of possibility).

My #1 is watching how Dallas has mismanaged the Dak situation. The guy ran the top regular season offense, and he's going to get paid one way or another. Dallas doesn't like it, but they need to pay him in order to have a chance in the next couple years. My plot twist is that Dak tells Jerry to go to hell and makes a deal with the Chargers as their new franchise QB.

Plot twist #2. I know they are tight on cap space, but if they moved a couple players it would be fun to watch. The Bears figure out Trubisky will never be the guy, so they unload him to sign Tom Brady. Tom jumps ship to the NFC for a couple years to see what happens.
                              If I was Jerra I'd draft another QB just to prove to the team that they, indeed, are responsible for their lack of winning.

Dallas underperformed and Dak was one of the reasons the team underperformed.

Comment

Working...
                              X