No announcement yet.

Mahomes set for biggest NFL contract ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this just makes all the lesser qbs expensive also...

Comment

• Originally posted by Zerovoltz View Post

.....the worst part is the media down here.... "It's NEVER the offseason here on 96.7 the TICKET!" Coming up next on the ticket, Does DAK's endorsement deal with Campbell's affect his ability to command the respect of the locker room because according to our source...most players on the Cowboys prefer progresso. We'll talk about it next with (insert former washed up cowboy player name here)! Then after that, (insert prominent national media guy) joins us to discuss if he think Jason Witten still has a career in TV waiting for him when he re re retires. And after that, don't miss our night show when we are joined by former super bowl champion Cowboys Kicker Lin Elliot to get his insight on the Cowboys possible kicking situation in 2020, and if he thinks they should have kept Maher..Bailey...or perhaps a 3rd option you didn't think off....you'll have to tune in to find out!..... And the other stations are the same. "Next we'll talk Mavs basketball, and tell you what Cowboys players were courtside!" Next on 103.3 the fan!
      Hahaha, that's awesome

Just as I figured, a bubble where the Cowboys are the only team in existence. SAD! ;-)

Comment

.....the worst part is the media down here.... "It's NEVER the offseason here on 96.7 the TICKET!" Coming up next on the ticket, Does DAK's endorsement deal with Campbell's affect his ability to command the respect of the locker room because according to our source...most players on the Cowboys prefer progresso. We'll talk about it next with (insert former washed up cowboy player name here)! Then after that, (insert prominent national media guy) joins us to discuss if he think Jason Witten still has a career in TV waiting for him when he re re retires. And after that, don't miss our night show when we are joined by former super bowl champion Cowboys Kicker Lin Elliot to get his insight on the Cowboys possible kicking situation in 2020, and if he thinks they should have kept Maher..Bailey...or perhaps a 3rd option you didn't think off....you'll have to tune in to find out!..... And the other stations are the same. "Next we'll talk Mavs basketball, and tell you what Cowboys players were courtside!" Next on 103.3 the fan!
        This is hilarious. They probably don't know they have a hockey team.

Comment

Denver's the same way. 1043 talks Broncos 95%. Every show has a former Bronco

Avs are one point off the best record in the West and Nugs are like 2nd or 3rd. Barely any talk. Its all about Drew Lock and the draft.

Comment

• If you start looking at the new CBA (that will pass) KC may be reaching the point of having to sign guys now.....at the perfect time. With cap growth expected to accelerate...KC could theoretically get Mahomes, Jones and probalby Breeland all done with some serious back loading of the deals when the rapidly expanding cap is more able to contain those large sums on the back end.

Watch in the next few months as KC is able to get Mahomes and Jones locked up....with big bonuses, that are backloaded. It's going to happen. Dynasty.

Comment

If you start looking at the new CBA (that will pass) KC may be reaching the point of having to sign guys now.....at the perfect time. With cap growth expected to accelerate...KC could theoretically get Mahomes, Jones and probalby Breeland all done with some serious back loading of the deals when the rapidly expanding cap is more able to contain those large sums on the back end.

Watch in the next few months as KC is able to get Mahomes and Jones locked up....with big bonuses, that are backloaded. It's going to happen. Dynasty.
              Spoken like a true fan, littered with nothing but hope and projection. Dynasty? It's takes alot more than just signing some players for that to happen. I'm pretty sure the Seahawks were saying the same thing 4 years ago, and they only won 1 SB. I'm pretty sure the Eagles were saying it a few years ago and look at them now. My advice to you, enjoy the one you just f'n won and stop talking stupid Dynasty crap like every other stupid fan does. Winning a SB is extremely hard, many things have to go well for it to happen, and windows close just as fast as they open.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZONA View Post

Spoken like a true fan, littered with nothing but hope and projection. Dynasty? It's takes alot more than just signing some players for that to happen. I'm pretty sure the Seahawks were saying the same thing 4 years ago, and they only won 1 SB. I'm pretty sure the Eagles were saying it a few years ago and look at them now. My advice to you, enjoy the one you just f'n won and stop talking stupid Dynasty crap like every other stupid fan does. Winning a SB is extremely hard, many things have to go well for it to happen, and windows close just as fast as they open.
                Not going to win many SBs falling behind in every playoff game. Playing with fire

Comment

• Originally posted by CEH View Post

Not going to win many SBs falling behind in every playoff game. Playing with fire
                  Should have lost that Texans game. If O'brein wasn't a clown, they would have.

Comment

they’ve dominated the West for 4 years now and Mahomes is just beginning. Winning your division is the first step each season. A lot can happen to derail but Seattle and Eagles has different scenarios. Those teams had defenses that were critical to their winning. It’s harder to keep defenses in tact. Mahomes is their offense. He can make a 5th round no name be productive. I’d take Mahomes over any QB in the league today, and over any QB in the history of the game not named Montana or Elway. People are underestimating who Mahomes is and how the new NFL offensive loving refs cater to rewarding offenses while punishing defenses. I’ve never seen a team just score TDs and hardly ever use their FG kicker.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

they’ve dominated the West for 4 years now and Mahomes is just beginning. Winning your division is the first step each season. A lot can happen to derail but Seattle and Eagles has different scenarios. Those teams had defenses that were critical to their winning. It’s harder to keep defenses in tact. Mahomes is their offense. He can make a 5th round no name be productive. I’d take Mahomes over any QB in the league today, and over any QB in the history of the game not named Montana or Elway. People are underestimating who Mahomes is and how the new NFL offensive loving refs cater to rewarding offenses while punishing defenses. I’ve never seen a team just score TDs and hardly ever use their FG kicker.
                      I wouldn't say "dominated." Dominated us sure. 2 of those 4 division titles were won on tiebreakers though. For all of Mahomes abilities, this wasn't even that strong of a year in the AFC and they needed amazing comebacks every week.

No one is doubting his ability, but the NFL is a vicious place, and the line between champions and just missing the playoffs is pretty damn thin. If they don't maintain a good overall team, he'll end up like early Elway. He'll be the one threat teams can concentrate on, and they'll be just successful enough to keep them off the podium.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2KBack View Post

I wouldn't say "dominated." Dominated us sure. 2 of those 4 division titles were won on tiebreakers though. For all of Mahomes abilities, this wasn't even that strong of a year in the AFC and they needed amazing comebacks every week.

No one is doubting his ability, but the NFL is a vicious place, and the line between champions and just missing the playoffs is pretty damn thin. If they don't maintain a good overall team, he'll end up like early Elway. He'll be the one threat teams can concentrate on, and they'll be just successful enough to keep them off the podium.
                        Dude injured his knee that would put out a lot of QBs. Toward the last half the of the season they were barely using their FG kicker and punter.

It looks more along the lines of a Tom Brady pats type run than it would a Cam Newton type deal. You can put Mahomes on a bad team and they’ll be playoff contenders. We saw that last year their roster wasn’t good. This board laughed at the Watkins signing saying he won’t contribute anything.

you guys want to wish so bad they will falter but it’s setting up for a long run of success in the next 5 years or so IMO. They aren’t going to win it every single year, but they will consistently be near the top of the AFC in terms of threats every year. Gone are the days they suck. We watched Rivers do it to the West and that was nothing compared to what chiefs have an opportunity to do. I mean they won the SB which is something this fanbase thought would never happen. They won it by not even being what their capable of being too which is scary.
                        Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 02-28-2020, 08:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

Dude injured his knee that would put out a lot of QBs. Toward the last half the of the season they were barely using their FG kicker and punter.

It looks more along the lines of a Tom Brady pats type run than it would a Cam Newton type deal. You can put Mahomes on a bad team and they’ll be playoff contenders. We saw that last year their roster wasn’t good. This board laughed at the Watkins signing saying he won’t contribute anything.

you guys want to wish so bad they will falter but it’s setting up for a long run of success in the next 5 years or so IMO. They aren’t going to win it every single year, but they will consistently be near the top of the AFC in terms of threats every year. Gone are the days they suck. We watched Rivers do it to the West and that was nothing compared to what chiefs have an opportunity to do.
                          I guess we will see. I do not believe in the one man team mentality. It didn't work for us, it didn't work for Indy, it hasn't worked for GB, it didn't work for Miami. Maybe they've perfected the system kind of like Pittsburgh did with their defense and can plug in cheap scheme fit talent.

Anything is possible I suppose.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2KBack View Post

I guess we will see. I do not believe in the one man team mentality. It didn't work for us, it didn't work for Indy, it hasn't worked for GB, it didn't work for Miami. Maybe they've perfected the system kind of like Pittsburgh did with their defense and can plug in cheap scheme fit talent.

Anything is possible I suppose.
                            That one man team mentality works when it has an affect on the entire team. We saw that with Manning. Without Manning there isn’t the success through 2012-15 that we saw. KC never a FA destination but now we’re going to see players take less to play with Mahomes like they did with Manning. Denver didn’t have a lot of cap space through those years but managed to filter in key players because of one guy. Combine that with drafting players like Jones Mahomes Kelce etc etc they will have rookie contracts making impacts too through the years if Veach doesn’t go anywhere.

im hoping for a break up and exodus of key figures/players to drop them a notch. But when our GM is trying to build a team/coaching staff/scheme to stop one team in Chiefs, you know they are a legit future long term threat.
                            Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 02-28-2020, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Seattle likely would have won two SBs if Carroll hadn't made one of the worst(maybe the worst) calls in SB history.

Comment

• Historically, teams with all time great QBs win their division somewhere between 50-60% of the time. Brady has been the exception.

Comment

Working...
                                X