Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mahomes set for biggest NFL contract ever

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/a...contract-ever/

As a 2017 draft pick, Mahomes became eligible to sign a contract extension when the regular season ended. Mahomes is scheduled to make just over $2.7 million in 2020. The Chiefs will surely exercise their fifth-year option for 2021, which must be done before May 3. Mahomes' option year salary is expected to be approximately $25 million
    It's a foregone conclusion that Mahomes will become the NFL's highest paid player on his next contract. The only real questions are how much will he raise the bar, and when will he get paid.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1a.png
Views:	1264
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	2563634

Will be interesting to see how long they can keep the current roster together once Pat gets paid...

I hope he get a gazillion...cap hell for kFc

Comment

Originally posted by mray77 View Post
      I hope he get a gazillion...cap hell for kFc
      bingo qb richand team poor.
      a classic red neck team with a lambourghini in the drivway of a delapedated shack !

Comment

Mahomes is a good problem to have.

Comment

Doesn't matter.... A MVP caliber QB is worth every penny it costs. Unless NFL starts to die by next TV contract, "cap hell" is not a thing.

And we know the Owners always win the CBA negotiations.

Comment

It will be a record contract in 2021 when he signs it. But the way league deals area trending, it will likely be close to falling out of the top 10 by the time he finishes the guaranteed portion. Mahomes is a player you can safely break the bank on without experiencing buyers remorse in the next couple of years. Dak Prescot on the other hand.....if the Cowboys make him the highest paid player in the NFL, I suspect they will regret the decision within 3 seasons.

Comment

Not knowing what we have with Lock just yet, I'll safely say, I wish we were having this problem with Mahommie. And so would everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratboy View Post
                too much cocaine .

Comment

6 year, 250 million, 125 guaranteed. That's my prediction

Comment

Originally posted by Ratboy View Post
                    if he was paired with greg roman he would be the greatest football player, not just QB ever.
                    Now he is just fran tarkenton with better wheels .

Comment

Originally posted by sgbfan View Post
                      not close. 300 million contract 100m guarantee.
                      and his face on the hunt catsup bottle.
                      if they dont sign him, heinz will !

Comment

I think they may go 8 years at 300 million, with 150 guaranteed.

Comment

24 years old and should have been to 2 straight Super Bowls. Needs to be at least 8 years,

8 year, $270 million contract extension The contract has $200 million in guarantees including a $100M signing bonus. $140 million is fully guaranteed at signing

Comment

3 years guaranteed?

I'd think so. If i was his agent i would be going super straight forward. 3 years Fully Guaranteed totaling 115M then, team options for 4,5 with progressively better raises.

Comment

I think Cousins deal is going to be used with Mahomes. Fully guaranteed is going to be brought up. Dak had reportedly turned down 35 a year. Mahomes is way better than Dak. I am not going to be surprised at a 5 year 250 million guaranteed with Mahomes.

Comment

Working...
                              X