Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Star Trek Picard

The first episode premiers tomorrow.

I gave up on Discovery, it was just terrible imo. I'm really excited about the Picard series though, In just hope they don't let me down.

I know I can't be the only Trekkie here, so here is a thread to discuss all things "Piccard".

Enterprise was terrible. Discovery is nowhere near that level of bad.

Comment

The last 4 episodes of Enterprise were terrible, but I enjoyed it. It had it's problems to be sure, but some of the storylines were pretty good. I liked the Xindi and Expanse arc.

Comment

Originally posted by Powderaddict View Post
        The last 4 episodes of Enterprise were terrible, but I enjoyed it. It had it's problems to be sure, but some of the storylines were pretty good. I liked the Xindi and Expanse arc.
        Actually liked enterprise, should have lasted more than 4 seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Powderaddict View Post
          As an overall show, Enterprise was the worst that Star Trek has had to offer. It was just cobbled together to get Star Trek back on TV and to get fans to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

As an overall show, Enterprise was the worst that Star Trek has had to offer. It was just cobbled together to get Star Trek back on TV and to get fans to watch.
            It was far better than voyager. TNG wasn’t any good til the 3rd season.

Comment

So I watched the first episode of Picard tonight, it shows some promise. Patrick Stewart is such a good actor, and it was good to see him playing that character again.

Comment

Originally posted by peacepipe View Post

Voyager wasn't much good the first 3 seasons either, but really picked up after that.

Comment

No it was not. Voyager lagged for the first 2-3 seasons but even in the lag years it was better than Enterprise.

Comment

Actually liked enterprise, should have lasted more than 4 seasons.
                    Me too, I binged it long after it finished on TV. Overall I thought it was a good show.

Comment

I’m going to pass on Picard. I already have 4 streaming services and don’t particularly feel like adding a 5th. And I will go no where near Trek that still has the stink of Kurtzman on it. My disdain and loathing for that man and his vision of Trek outweigh any affection I have for sir Patrick.

Comment

Just finished it and I think they have a great show on their hands. I am excited to see the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by v2micca View Post
                          I’m going to pass on Picard. I already have 4 streaming services and don’t particularly feel like adding a 5th. And I will go no where near Trek that still has the stink of Kurtzman on it. My disdain and loathing for that man and his vision of Trek outweigh any affection I have for sir Patrick.
                          Streaming service segmentation is getting out of hand. Eventually the strategy will simply become to rotate through streaming services month by month. Once Picard's release schedule is finished, I may pay for a month of CBS, watch the only things I really want, then cancel.

As Netflix' catalog gets weaker, it'll probably enter the same kind of rotation. Along with HBO, Disney+, etc. I don't think there's much market for maintaining all of these services indefinitely.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

Streaming service segmentation is getting out of hand. Eventually the strategy will simply become to rotate through streaming services month by month. Once Picard's release schedule is finished, I may pay for a month of CBS, watch the only things I really want, then cancel.

As Netflix' catalog gets weaker, it'll probably enter the same kind of rotation. Along with HBO, Disney+, etc. I don't think there's much market for maintaining all of these services indefinitely.
                            It's also going to drive more people to piracy. You can't stop the signal.

Comment

Working...
                            X