• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Above the stats, games started

He’s in this 5 QB class

Bradshaw Brady Montana Starr and Eli

Comment

Originally posted by strafen View Post
      Good for Eli to recognize his time was up.
      Not too bad of a career. He wasn’t the most consistent threat at quarterback you would’ve expected out of him, but 2 SB rings in his resume looks mighty nice.
      his time was up 2 years ago !
      I give him credit for playing all his home games in that wind tunnel against what was , during his time, one of the most competitive divisions in football.
      as for the 2 rings, I will most remember ELI for that SOUR LOOK on his face when he realised his brother was going to win a second ring !

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by CEH View Post
          Above the stats, games started

He’s in this 5 QB class

Bradshaw Brady Montana Starr and Eli
          Sorry. Unitas better than Bradshaw, Starr, Eli and Montana (close). Who cares about stats and games started. Much more to the position than stats and era. I saw all of those 5 play plus Unitas. Big difference when you are calling your own plays.

Comment

Originally posted by dsmoot View Post

Sorry. Unitas better than Bradshaw, Starr, Eli and Montana (close). Who cares about stats and games started. Much more to the position than stats and era. I saw all of those 5 play plus Unitas. Big difference when you are calling your own plays.
            Only QBs to win 2 SB MVP is the class Im referring to

Comment

You can't seriously think he was making a top 5 all time list with those names, can you?!

Comment

that could just mean he had 2 great games when it counted.
                If doug williams won twice ?
                If we had to pick a QB to take us to and win the SB, I think all of us could come up with 20 names before eli !

all of those top 5 positions have more to do with longevity than quality, but he is not a slouch.
                gold jacket, maybe, I don't really care .
                I would take Doug Flutie in his prime, with the baltimore offense.

Comment

peyton manning is a poor man's johnny unitas.

Comment

Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post

that could just mean he had 2 great games when it counted.
                    If doug williams won twice ?
                    If we had to pick a QB to take us to and win the SB, I think all of us could come up with 20 names before eli !

all of those top 5 positions have more to do with longevity than quality, but he is not a slouch.
                    gold jacket, maybe, I don't really care .
                    I would take Doug Flutie in his prime, with the baltimore offense.
                    Against probably the greatest coach/ qb combo ever
                    twice

Comment

Against probably the greatest coach/ qb combo ever
                      twice
                      dragon slayer !

Comment

I was not clear as to what the list meant. SB MVP doesn't mean much. Unitas was a 3 time NFL MVP award.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoblood32 View Post

One interesting fact that goes overlooked about the Dolphins that year is there was no such thing as homefield advantage. The Dolphins had to win the AFC Championship that year in Pittsburgh. I think that is a pretty big deal.
                          That is interesting. I did not know that. It was also Pittsburgh’s first trip to the playoffs since 1947.

The Dolphins had one of the easiest schedules ever. None of their opponents made the playoffs and only two opponents had a winning record of 8-6.

Comment

Working...
                          X