Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eli Manning Retires..

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Above the stats, games started

    He’s in this 5 QB class

    Bradshaw Brady Montana Starr and Eli

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by strafen View Post
      Good for Eli to recognize his time was up.
      Not too bad of a career. He wasn’t the most consistent threat at quarterback you would’ve expected out of him, but 2 SB rings in his resume looks mighty nice.
      his time was up 2 years ago !
      I give him credit for playing all his home games in that wind tunnel against what was , during his time, one of the most competitive divisions in football.
      as for the 2 rings, I will most remember ELI for that SOUR LOOK on his face when he realised his brother was going to win a second ring !

      Comment


      • #18

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by CEH View Post
          Above the stats, games started

          He’s in this 5 QB class

          Bradshaw Brady Montana Starr and Eli
          Sorry. Unitas better than Bradshaw, Starr, Eli and Montana (close). Who cares about stats and games started. Much more to the position than stats and era. I saw all of those 5 play plus Unitas. Big difference when you are calling your own plays.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by dsmoot View Post

            Sorry. Unitas better than Bradshaw, Starr, Eli and Montana (close). Who cares about stats and games started. Much more to the position than stats and era. I saw all of those 5 play plus Unitas. Big difference when you are calling your own plays.
            Only QBs to win 2 SB MVP is the class Im referring to

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by dsmoot View Post

              Sorry. Unitas better than Bradshaw, Starr, Eli and Montana (close). Who cares about stats and games started. Much more to the position than stats and era. I saw all of those 5 play plus Unitas. Big difference when you are calling your own plays.
              You can't seriously think he was making a top 5 all time list with those names, can you?!

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by CEH View Post

                Only QBs to win 2 SB MVP is the class Im referring to
                that could just mean he had 2 great games when it counted.
                If doug williams won twice ?
                If we had to pick a QB to take us to and win the SB, I think all of us could come up with 20 names before eli !

                all of those top 5 positions have more to do with longevity than quality, but he is not a slouch.
                gold jacket, maybe, I don't really care .
                I would take Doug Flutie in his prime, with the baltimore offense.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by dsmoot View Post

                  Sorry. Unitas better than Bradshaw, Starr, Eli and Montana (close). Who cares about stats and games started. Much more to the position than stats and era. I saw all of those 5 play plus Unitas. Big difference when you are calling your own plays.
                  peyton manning is a poor man's johnny unitas.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post

                    that could just mean he had 2 great games when it counted.
                    If doug williams won twice ?
                    If we had to pick a QB to take us to and win the SB, I think all of us could come up with 20 names before eli !

                    all of those top 5 positions have more to do with longevity than quality, but he is not a slouch.
                    gold jacket, maybe, I don't really care .
                    I would take Doug Flutie in his prime, with the baltimore offense.
                    Against probably the greatest coach/ qb combo ever
                    twice

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by CEH View Post

                      Against probably the greatest coach/ qb combo ever
                      twice
                      dragon slayer !

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by CEH View Post

                        Only QBs to win 2 SB MVP is the class Im referring to
                        I was not clear as to what the list meant. SB MVP doesn't mean much. Unitas was a 3 time NFL MVP award.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Broncoblood32 View Post

                          One interesting fact that goes overlooked about the Dolphins that year is there was no such thing as homefield advantage. The Dolphins had to win the AFC Championship that year in Pittsburgh. I think that is a pretty big deal.
                          That is interesting. I did not know that. It was also Pittsburgh’s first trip to the playoffs since 1947.

                          The Dolphins had one of the easiest schedules ever. None of their opponents made the playoffs and only two opponents had a winning record of 8-6.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X