Senior Bowl 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

You really want to go down this road? The Rams were in the SB with Cooks last year, The Falcons lost the SB with Julio Jones The Eagles won the SB with Agholor, The Broncos won and lost the SB with DT, The Panthers went to the SB and lost to us with Ted Ginn, The Seahawks won the SB with Harvin, The Niners went to the SB with Crabtree and Ginn, The Giant won the SB with Plaxico Burress and then again with Hakeem Nicks. The Saints won the SB with Robert Meachum, the Colts won the SB with Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne, The Patriots won a SB with Randy Moss and Donte Stallworth, The Eagles went to the SB with Freddie "I'd like to thank my hands" Mitchell, The Cardinals went to the SB with Larry Fitzgerald.
    To say nothing of the Rams winning with Holt nor the Bucs with Keyshawn.

Just because one team does it does not mean it's the only way. The Pats, Steelers, 49ers and Chiefs have systems in place that allow them to find talent that fits their schemes in the later rounds and they build up on other parts of their teams.
    Even NE, who has spent years not investing in WR or RB high in the draft has begun to take talent guys at those positions in the 1st round now. You can only scheme so much, you still need a heavy amount of talent to win big games.

Him or going full on homer Ruiz from Michigan would make me very happy.
    Yes, this is a road we can go down.

Brandon Cooks was signed as a Free Agent, he was actually on his third team last year.

Julio Jones made it with that system you told me didn't need 1st rounders for....and despite all his numbers he has only been a part of a top 10 offense twice in 8 years, and made the playoffs 4 times.

Agholor hasn't even broken 800 yards receiving in a season yet, he's been a disappointment.

Ted Ginn has been on 6 different teams and averages less than 40 catches in a season. Being on a roster does not constitute being a worthy 1st round selection.

Percy Harvin was a FA acquisition for Seattle who had 5 total catches reg season and postseason combined in 2013.

Plaxico was also a FA acquisition for NY, and contributed to the 17th ranked offense that season.

Hakeem Nicks played second fiddle to UDFA Victor Cruz.

Randy Moss never won a Superbowl, and was considered potentially washed up on his third team before being resurrected.

Donte Stallworth also never won a Superbowl, he just threw in 46 catches in the 18-1 season before getting shipped to his 3rd team in 4 seasons.

Meachum only started 7 games and was the 5th receiver in NO in 2009....and that was his best season!

Seriously you've gone all the way back to 1999....and this is the elite list of 1st round WR's? The majority weren't even drafted by the teams that had any success with them on the roster. That means they were essentially wastes of 1st rounders.

Comment

Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

The Patriots won a SB with Randy Moss and Donte Stallworth,
      I'm pretty sure Randy Moss never won a SB.

Comment

Keep an eye on Quantry Davis

https://www.si.com/college/tamu/foot...st-day-of-camp

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
                Click on this Twitter account and then scroll down. Numerous gifs of Aga’s guy WR Denzel Mims who has been a beast at the Senior Bowl.
                Cushrnberry looks like a beast too. Would love to get him in the 2nd.
                EDIT: Damn! Gutless already put them up!

Comment

Comment

Denzel Mims is a 1st round talent. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
                      I’m already on the bang wagon with ya. However, if he runs a 4.3 I want him bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
                        That makes about 12 receivers I've heard are 1st round talents. That's why I want to trade down or wait for the second for a WR

Comment

Originally posted by sgbfan View Post

That makes about 12 receivers I've heard are 1st round talents. That's why I want to trade down or wait for the second for a WR
                          That and WR always fall every year. Always. Always.

It will happen again.

If we do not go DL (Kinlaw), CB (no clue who), ILB (not sure yet either) OL (BiAdassz, or a T) or some faller like Young that has no business being at 15 I will be pissed!!!

Comment

Comment

Cecil Lamey at the Senior Bowl saying WR Denzel Mims on DEN’s radar in the 2nd rnd.

Also saying that Montez looks better than Hurts. Hurts struggling.
                              Jordan Love climbing boards.

Comment

Hurts helmet st Senior Bowl
                                one side OK the other side BAMA.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	Jalen-Hurts-half-Alabama-half-Oklahoma-helmet-Senior-Bowl-feat-img.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	2561147

Comment

Working...
                                X