Senior Bowl 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

Uh uh. Sutton and Ruggs is a 10+ year offensive dynasty with Lock at QB. We have a good defense already, Lock needs weapons and protection.
    I don't know. The defense is likely losing a lot of pieces this offseason. Wolfe and Harris will likely be gone and I don't trust Jones, Walker, and Gotsis to hold down the trenches for the run game. That and having someone to force the QB to step back into the path of Von and Chubb would be a nightmare for offenses.
    ​​​​Plus the lack of production from Ruggs compared to the other Alabama WRs bothers me.

Comment

Originally posted by broncowill View Post

I don't know. The defense is likely losing a lot of pieces this offseason. Wolfe and Harris will likely be gone and I don't trust Jones, Walker, and Gotsis to hold down the trenches for the run game. That and having someone to force the QB to step back into the path of Von and Chubb would be a nightmare for offenses.
      ​​​​Plus the lack of production from Ruggs compared to the other Alabama WRs bothers me.
      People keep saying that and apparently did not actual watch Alabama play this year. But let's talk about production though. Jeudy has 159 recs, 2,742 yards and 26 TD's over his 3 year career at Bama. Devonta Smith has 118 recs, 2,109 yards and 23 TD's over his 3 year career at Bama. Henry Ruggs, the guy that people swear had a lack of production... 98 recs, 1,716 yards and 24 TD's over his 3 year career at Bama.
      Smith averages 17.9 yards per catch in his career, Ruggs averages 17.5 and Jeudy averages 17.2. With the emergence of Smith this year, every WR not named Smith had a down year except Ruggs who had a career high in receiving yards. Jeudy went from 1,315 down to 1,163. Ruggs went from 741 to 746. Smith went from 693 to 1,256. Waddle went from 848 down to 560. Najee Harris also became a bigger factor in the receiving game this year, going from 52 yards his previous 2 seasons to 304 yards this season.

Stats don't tell the full story with Ruggs. You take Ruggs out of that equation and Smith isn't putting up those 1,256 yards. There is a reason Smith went back to school even with Tua leaving. It gives him a chance to be the #1 WR.
      His only true competition for the role next year will be John Metchie. Waddle is more of a slot guy.
      Baker, Holden & Jones-Bell will be fighting for playing time as well but Metchie is the next big thing at WR for Bama most likely.

Comment

Seems like a win/win to me. I could happily live with Ruggs, but with the dearth of talent in this draft I lean toward a player like Brown or Epenesa or Kinlaw on the line over a receiver in the first. Guys with Kinlaw's size and versatility are coveted in the league more and more each year for good reason and you're rarely ever able to sign one without breaking the bank anyway. There will be guys with speed later in the draft, but you won't find as many talents like Kinlaw after the first couple rounds.

Look at Simmons and Brown in Tennessee this past season for inspiration on what Denver could pull off this year. OL or DL is where you build.

Comment

Originally posted by Shananahan View Post
          Seems like a win/win to me. I could happily live with Ruggs, but with the dearth of talent in this draft I lean toward a player like Brown or Epenesa or Kinlaw on the line over a receiver in the first. Guys with Kinlaw's size and versatility are coveted in the league more and more each year for good reason and you're rarely ever able to sign one without breaking the bank anyway. There will be guys with speed later in the draft, but you won't find as many talents like Kinlaw after the first couple rounds.

Look at Simmons and Brown in Tennessee this past season for inspiration on what Denver could pull off this year. OL or DL is where you build.
          We could also look at Seattle since they went DL first and then WR in Metcalf later. Brown and Metcalf are not Ruggs.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Crash~ View Post
            https://redirect.viglink.com/?format...202020%20Draft

11 Senior Bowl Prospects who Could End up as Broncos in 2020 Draft

CarlDumler

Jan 19, 2020
            Well, MHH and I are on the same page. We have 5 of the same prospects for Denver at this game.

There are excellent weapons on offense all over this draft....but only 1 Kinlaw. If he is available, I want him. There will be 1st round WR talent in the 2nd and some damn good complementary runners all the way to the 4-5 rounds. I think Josh Jones and Hakeem Adeniji are going to be good pros as well.

Comment

We could also look at Seattle since they went DL first and then WR in Metcalf later. Brown and Metcalf are not Ruggs.
              Or you could look at SF, who has spent all 3 of their last 1st rounders on DL/OL and 1 on LB.

Comment

Originally posted by 2KBack View Post

Or you could look at SF, who has spent all 3 of their last 1st rounders on DL/OL and 1 on LB.
                And Debo in the 2nd.

Comment

Originally posted by CEH View Post
                  And Debo in the 2nd.
                  Yep....2nd round is great for WR.

Comment

Originally posted by broncowill View Post

Gotsis is also a FA

Comment

Not medically cleared to play

​​​​​​Prince Tega Wanogho OT Auburn
                      Loki Fotu DT Utah
                      Brandon Aiyuk WR ASU

Comment

I just don't really like taking a WR in the first round. A top-notch WR is simply NOT necessary to win a Super Bowl. Certainly no need to take one in the first round of the draft.

I remember the draft where Atlanta surrendered a king's ransom to move up and select Julio Jones. What has that netted them? One Super Bowl appearance, and about half of their seasons have had losing records. I know Denver won't be trading up if they want to take a WR, but even using their natural 1st round pick is silly.

Comment

Originally posted by CEH View Post
                          Not medically cleared to play

​​​​​​Prince Tega Wanogho OT Auburn
                          Loki Fotu DT Utah
                          Brandon Aiyuk WR ASU
                          Damn, I was hoping to see all three of those guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncobiv View Post
                            I just don't really like taking a WR in the first round. A top-notch WR is simply NOT necessary to win a Super Bowl. Certainly no need to take one in the first round of the draft.

I remember the draft where Atlanta surrendered a king's ransom to move up and select Julio Jones. What has that netted them? One Super Bowl appearance, and about half of their seasons have had losing records. I know Denver won't be trading up if they want to take a WR, but even using their natural 1st round pick is silly.
                            I don’t think we are going to need to trade up for a WR. I think the need for QBs are going to push a speed guy like Ruggs down. Unless, Hill tears up the Super Bowl in this copy cat league.

Comment

Brown and Metcalf are not Ruggs.
                              This is pretty lofty.

Comment

My mock for us right now is

Kinlaw 1st round
                                Jalen Raegor 2nd rd
                                Paulson Adebo 2nd rd (burn a 3rd and some of the 7ths to get up again)

Comment

Working...
                                X