Every 50 Years...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Broncoblood32 View Post

Well, it essentially pretty impossible to have a classic dynasty like the 70s Steelers etc. due to the salary cap. Yes the Pats have had that dynasty for nearly 20 years, but there has been only two common denominators in those years and that is Brady and Belichick as we know.

Brady took some home town discounts to keep things going....

Anyway the point is very few QBs are the type that can overcome lack of talent around them. Very few.

Mahomes is looking like he is one of those. He is the type that elevates everyone. As long as he is healthy and playing, the Chiefs will be a 10 to 15 win team every year. He is that good and eventually we will see players wanting to play with him.
    Common denominator or not. The Pats have exceeded the run of anyone by far. There are a lot of good things going on there other than Brady to sustain it. Even more amazing with the salary cap.

Baring injury, Mahomes will do exactly what you what said he will do. Amazing to watch. He doesn't get flustered when they get behind or under pressure which is quite foreboding. He is special. Can you imagine how good he can still become with a few more years of experience becoming more adept at recognizing what is happening in front of him.

Comment

They are a dynasty right now.

Yes, a dynasty.
      How about we let them actually win a couple Lombardis before we crown them a dynasty. Seriously. How are you going to call a team with 0 championships a dynasty?

Comment

Yes, I am one of those guys against overpaying certain QBs. MOST QBs cannot overcome lack of talent. They NEED other pieces to thrive. They don't effectively elevate the talent around them.

Manning did, Aaron Rodgers sort of did. Although, he hasn't been to a SB in 10 years and the one year did go, their defense was number 2 in the NFL 15PPG.

And yes, when Mahomes does break the Chiefs bank, we will see if he can survive without the key pieces that they won't be able to get with that huge salary. Brees could not overcome it, Rodgers could not overcome it, even Brady couldn't overcome it.

That's right. Brady went 10 years without a SB win. He got paid top dollar, Belichick had to clear space. They got rid of many key defensive players like Milloy, Law, Seymour and on and on.

In 2014 Brady adjusted his contract where he was then the 17th highest paid QB. They went out and got key defensive players like Revis etc. They had their first top 10 defense in years and they win the SB on a defensive play.

Now, the Chiefs like all of those Manning teams that won 12 games seemingly every year will be a lot like that. will they win it all if their defense or whatever is lacking due to the large Mahomes contract? Don't know. If he does, he would have done what none of those QBs really did.
        While I agree Mahomes is special, take away one of Kelce or Hill and the dynamic of that offense changes considerably. Kelce knows where to find the open spot in the zone and Mahomes often throws to a spot on the field and Kid beater goes and gets it.

Comment

Doesn't matter. Stupid stuff Broncos fans keep bringing up.

They are a dynasty right now.

Yes, a dynasty.
          You know, you're allowed to have opinions without each one being absolutist and over the top...

Comment

Originally posted by 505bronco View Post

While I agree Mahomes is special, take away one of Kelce or Hill and the dynamic of that offense changes considerably. Kelce knows where to find the open spot in the zone and Mahomes often throws to a spot on the field and Kid beater goes and gets it.
            If you think it is Kelce and Hill making Mahomes, then you are not paying attention. While they are good, Mahomes makes chicken salad out of chicken**** quite frequently. That 26 yard run for a TD for instance.

Mahomes elevates the team. I am not even all that sure how great their OL is. Is it? Is it like the Cowboys line?

I am hoping the 49ers take advantage of them. They have 4 rushers that should keep him in the pocket.

This is going to be a great SB. At the very least it will be very interesting. Hoping Shanahan wins it.

Comment

Originally posted by broncosjf View Post
              How about we let them actually win a couple Lombardis before we crown them a dynasty. Seriously. How are you going to call a team with 0 championships a dynasty?
              No, I will make the prediction now. Lombardis are nice, but a team can be a dynasty without Lombardis.

I think if Mahomes is healthy in his career, they will average between 10 and 15 wins over the next decade.

Basically two years as starter and they are averaging 12 wins a season. We should get used to it.

That is how predictions work. if that offends your delicate sensibilities, I don't care.

Comment

If you think it is Kelce and Hill making Mahomes, then you are not paying attention. While they are good, Mahomes makes chicken salad out of chicken**** quite frequently. That 26 yard run for a TD for instance.

Mahomes elevates the team. I am not even all that sure how great their OL is. Is it? Is it like the Cowboys line?

I am hoping the 49ers take advantage of them. They have 4 rushers that should keep him in the pocket.

This is going to be a great SB. At the very least it will be very interesting. Hoping Shanahan wins it.
                Did you miss when Matt ****ing Moore took over and looked good in that offense? Mahomes is super talented and all, but you have to be pretty myopic not to see how much he benefits from the scheme and the talent he’s working with. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. It just is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by DHallblows View Post

You know, you're allowed to have opinions without each one being absolutist and over the top...
                  Just saying this narrative of attacking Mahomes or downplaying their accomplishments makes Broncos fans look stupid.

Comment

No, I will make the prediction now. Lombardis are nice, but a team can be a dynasty without Lombardis.

I think if Mahomes is healthy in his career, they will average between 10 and 15 wins over the next decade.

Basically two years as starter and they are averaging 12 wins a season. We should get used to it.

That is how predictions work. if that offends your delicate sensibilities, I don't care.
                    Can they maintain their current overall talent level? Seems unlikely, but we shall see.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

Did you miss when Matt ****ing Moore took over and looked good in that offense? Mahomes is super talented and all, but you have to be pretty myopic not to see how much he benefits from the scheme and the talent he’s working with. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. It just is what it is.
                      You are blind if you cannot see the talent of Mahomes and comparing him....to Matt Moore?

Sheesh

Really, stop. You are not doing yourself any favors.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy.gif
Views:	99
Size:	969.6 KB
ID:	2559848

Comment

You are blind if you cannot see the talent of Mahomes and comparing him....to Matt Moore?

Sheesh

Really, stop. You are not doing yourself any favors.
                          Err...I didn’t compare the talent of the two. I pointed out that a marginal player like Matt Moore actually looked good in that offense. It’s just a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Gutless Drunk View Post

I guess we had a dynasty in the 80’s. Pretty cool huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

Can they maintain their current overall talent level? Seems unlikely, but we shall see.
                              No, cause he will break their bank. So, we will see. I see him as one of those special types who will be a perpetual winner.

Will he win it all without enough talent? Doubt it. Like I said, Rodgers can't do it, Brees can't do it. Brady couldn't do it. Brady had to adjust his salary to soldify the defense. They did and they won it for the first time in 10 years when they previously won it with the help of an elite defense.

I think a Mahomes led team will average 10 to 15 wins over the next 10 seasons. He is two years in averaging 12 wins.

We will see. Hope I am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Gutless Drunk View Post

Yeah, the Braves had ONE WS win during the 90s. They won 14 straight divisions and they were a dynasty.

You may not think so, but the Bills in the early 90s were a dynasty.

Fans are idiots

Comment

Working...
                                X