X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every 50 Years...

Shi t Happens!

L O L !!!!!!!

The sun will rise in the morning. If it isn't the Broncos, I don't care.

Comment

And the dog turned in a circle and the sun shined on the dog's ass too.

Comment

The Chiefs with Mahomes are quite possibly going to be the team of the decade. I said it last year and I will say it again. He is the best QB I have ever seen. I wish there was a reason I did not like him. Like a Phylis Rivers or Aaron Rodgers or jay poopy pants cutler.

He says and does all of the right things and he is a force in the league that unless he gets injured or retires like the most overrated QB in the history of the game Andrew Luck, will be more than just a thorn in the side of us fans.

Those are sobering facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoblood32 View Post
          The Chiefs with Mahomes are quite possibly going to be the team of the decade. I said it last year and I will say it again. He is the best QB I have ever seen. I wish there was a reason I did not like him. Like a Phylis Rivers or Aaron Rodgers or jay poopy pants cutler.

He says and does all of the right things and he is a force in the league that unless he gets injured or retires like the most overrated QB in the history of the game Andrew Luck, will be more than just a thorn in the side of us fans.

Those are sobering facts.
          I have no problem with mahomes. He’s good for the game and impressive to watch. Chiefs fans (aside from the douchers here) are good fans who deserve this.

I just don’t like baby beater hill. Even Kelce grew on me once he stopped acting like a white trash hillbilly. I have no problem with the chiefs. With that said I hope their plane explodes mid air on the way to the Super Bowl.

Comment

That’s a huge cycle.
            Trump-Nixon-Harding-Grant
            Bieber-Beatles-Jazz-Classical

2020 - Chiefs make it to their first SB as an NFL team.
            1970 - Chiefs win AFL-NFL championship before the merger, retroactively called SB IV
            1920 - inaugural season, Akron Pros win title
            1870 - no NFL, only three college teams, undefeated Princeton (2-0) are the “champs”

Comment

Originally posted by Arkie View Post
              That’s a huge cycle.
              Trump-Nixon-Harding-Grant
              Bieber-Beatles-Jazz-Classical

2020 - Chiefs make it to their first SB as an NFL team.
              1970 - Chiefs win AFL-NFL championship before the merger, retroactively called SB IV
              1920 - inaugural season, Akron Pros win title
              1870 - no NFL, only three college teams, undefeated Princeton (2-0) are the “champs”
              Doesn't matter. Stupid stuff Broncos fans keep bringing up.

They are a dynasty right now.

Yes, a dynasty.

Comment

Yes, a dynasty.
                That's not exactly how dynasty's work.

Comment

I doubt they match the Bills dynasty in the early 90’s

Comment

Originally posted by 2KBack View Post

That's not exactly how dynasty's work.
                    Well, it essentially pretty impossible to have a classic dynasty like the 70s Steelers etc. due to the salary cap. Yes the Pats have had that dynasty for nearly 20 years, but there has been only two common denominators in those years and that is Brady and Belichick as we know.

Brady took some home town discounts to keep things going....

Anyway the point is very few QBs are the type that can overcome lack of talent around them. Very few.

Mahomes is looking like he is one of those. He is the type that elevates everyone. As long as he is healthy and playing, the Chiefs will be a 10 to 15 win team every year. He is that good and eventually we will see players wanting to play with him.

Comment

Yes, a dynasty.
                      They are facing a really good team in the Super Bowl, and they've been giving up early leads in every playoff game. Also, Shanahan has been to the big dance before and I'm pretty sure he's not going to let this one slip away like he did in Atlanta.

Mahomes is indeed a superstar, and the Chiefs offense is a well oiled machine, but a dynasty requires winning the Super Bowl multiple times and this will be their first attempt. I'd say slow the roll on the dynasty talk. Just a couple weeks ago we thought the Ravens were unstoppable.

Comment

Well, it essentially pretty impossible to have a classic dynasty like the 70s Steelers etc. due to the salary cap. Yes the Pats have had that dynasty for nearly 20 years, but there has been only two common denominators in those years and that is Brady and Belichick as we know.

Brady took some home town discounts to keep things going....

Anyway the point is very few QBs are the type that can overcome lack of talent around them. Very few.

Mahomes is looking like he is one of those. He is the type that elevates everyone. As long as he is healthy and playing, the Chiefs will be a 10 to 15 win team every year. He is that good and eventually we will see players wanting to play with him.
                        I'm curious if you think the Packers have a Dynasty....or that the Manning led Colts were a Dynasty, or the Saints? Was Denver ever even a Dynasty? Were the Bills a Dynasty, or the Marino Dolphins?

Aren't you the one that goes way overboard with the high priced QB being the doom of championship teams? Guess who is about to be the richest QB ever.

I mean, sure, maybe they become a dynasty and become the first 3-peat NFL team. It's pretty unlikely though. They may be more competitive year in and year out by having a great QB, but seems a touch premature to crown them a dynasty after back-to-back wins over WC level teams. Especially two teams that our losing team beat handily this season.

Let's see how things go first, maybe even let them win more than 12 before predicting that they win 15.

Comment

Originally posted by 2KBack View Post

I'm curious if you think the Packers have a Dynasty....or that the Manning led Colts were a Dynasty, or the Saints? Was Denver ever even a Dynasty? Were the Bills a Dynasty, or the Marino Dolphins?

Aren't you the one that goes way overboard with the high priced QB being the doom of championship teams? Guess who is about to be the richest QB ever.

I mean, sure, maybe they become a dynasty and become the first 3-peat NFL team. It's pretty unlikely though. They may be more competitive year in and year out by having a great QB, but seems a touch premature to crown them a dynasty after back-to-back wins over WC level teams. Especially two teams that our losing team beat handily this season.

Let's see how things go first, maybe even let them win more than 12 before predicting that they win 15.
                          Yes, I am one of those guys against overpaying certain QBs. MOST QBs cannot overcome lack of talent. They NEED other pieces to thrive. They don't effectively elevate the talent around them.

Manning did, Aaron Rodgers sort of did. Although, he hasn't been to a SB in 10 years and the one year did go, their defense was number 2 in the NFL 15PPG.

And yes, when Mahomes does break the Chiefs bank, we will see if he can survive without the key pieces that they won't be able to get with that huge salary. Brees could not overcome it, Rodgers could not overcome it, even Brady couldn't overcome it.

That's right. Brady went 10 years without a SB win. He got paid top dollar, Belichick had to clear space. They got rid of many key defensive players like Milloy, Law, Seymour and on and on.

In 2014 Brady adjusted his contract where he was then the 17th highest paid QB. They went out and got key defensive players like Revis etc. They had their first top 10 defense in years and they win the SB on a defensive play.

Now, the Chiefs like all of those Manning teams that won 12 games seemingly every year will be a lot like that. will they win it all if their defense or whatever is lacking due to the large Mahomes contract? Don't know. If he does, he would have done what none of those QBs really did.

Comment

every 50 years...
                            I thought this was a thread about locust.

just a different plague.
                            "the red plague. "

Comment

Yes, I am one of those guys against overpaying certain QBs. MOST QBs cannot overcome lack of talent. They NEED other pieces to thrive. They don't effectively elevate the talent around them.

Manning did, Aaron Rodgers sort of did. Although, he hasn't been to a SB in 10 years and the one year did go, their defense was number 2 in the NFL 15PPG.

And yes, when Mahomes does break the Chiefs bank, we will see if he can survive without the key pieces that they won't be able to get with that huge salary. Brees could not overcome it, Rodgers could not overcome it, even Brady couldn't overcome it.

That's right. Brady went 10 years without a SB win. He got paid top dollar, Belichick had to clear space. They got rid of many key defensive players like Milloy, Law, Seymour and on and on.

In 2014 Brady adjusted his contract where he was then the 17th highest paid QB. They went out and got key defensive players like Revis etc. They had their first top 10 defense in years and they win the SB on a defensive play.

Now, the Chiefs like all of those Manning teams that won 12 games seemingly every year will be a lot like that. will they win it all if their defense or whatever is lacking due to the large Mahomes contract? Don't know. If he does, he would have done what none of those QBs really did.
                              mahomes is one of those rare talents that lifts all boats and his leadership is undeniable , so it transcends offense or defense,even player or coach.
                              mahomes is their ELWAY, he will justify every penny.

Comment

Working...
                              X