NFC Championship game thread - Packers vs. 49ers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by champhalloffamer View Post
    Here is a link to a podcast which explains Kyle's role in the power structure of the 49ers. Mike Lombardi is a ex GM and now is an insider with superb contacts inside the NFL the Kyle info starts at 27:30 and lasts for a couple of minutes if anyone is interested. It is the podcast dated the 20th January:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...k/id1458884463
    Lombardi is great to listen too. I listened to that the other day.

Comment

• Originally posted by champhalloffamer View Post
      Here is a link to a podcast which explains Kyle's role in the power structure of the 49ers. Mike Lombardi is a ex GM and now is an insider with superb contacts inside the NFL the Kyle info starts at 27:30 and lasts for a couple of minutes if anyone is interested. It is the podcast dated the 20th January:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...k/id1458884463
      Kyle blew Elway away as well just like he blew away Lombardi. Wonder if it was Elway or Ellis that pivoted to VJ. Elway loves this running scheme . Wanted to fire VJ and hire Mike. Why not hire the better Shanny at that point. I tend to blame Ellis not Elway. Elway wants to win. This was Kyle's dream job according to beat writers.

Comment

• Originally posted by CEH View Post

Kyle blew Elway away as well just like he blew away Lombardi. Wonder if it was Elway or Ellis that pivoted to VJ. Elway loves this running scheme . Wanted to fire VJ and hire Mike. Why not hire the better Shanny at that point. I tend to blame Ellis not Elway. Elway wants to win. This was Kyle's dream job according to beat writers.
        Kyle was NEVER taking the Denver job. I wish guys would realize that. He was always going to SFO.

Comment

Kyle wanted more control and the 49ers gave it to him. He was never going to choose meddling Elway over that. And yeah, the Ellis part was a problem too.

Comment

This was Kyle's dream job according to beat writers.
            Yeah, Garafolo reported that.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...t-job-opening/

Comment

• Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

Kyle wanted more control and the 49ers gave it to him. He was never going to choose meddling Elway over that. And yeah, the Ellis part was a problem too.
              Probably oversimplifying, but a the end of the day, good management gets it done. Ellis needs to be sidelined and real ownership needs established.

Comment

• good job kyle
                year before
                good job mcvey
                some of you folks are lamenting kyle like he was out ONLY hope.
                please.

Comment

Working...
                X