NFC Championship game thread - Packers vs. 49ers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

I mean your posts tell a different tale, but the slam dunk is your still ripe inability to give Kyle any credit whatsoever, trophy in hand.

The irrational hate's so deep, you probably would've preferred Mike McCoy move over to HC from San Diego.
    I don’t have a problem giving Kyle credit for doing a good job this season. I’m just not torn up about Elway not hiring him and I don’t see him as the second coming of Bill Walsh like you do. The 49ers’ defense is better than their offense imo.

Comment

• Kyle has full control in the 49ers power stucture on the football side. He hand picked Lynch to be GM but Kyle has final say on free agents, draft, roster and staff so basically everything. Lynch is part of a collaborate effort in the front office with Adam Peters and ex GM Martin Mayhew who was brought in by Lynch because he had experience as a GM and to help Lynch in making the transition to an NFL front office. Lynch has really put is ego aside to work with Kyle and in effect be under Kyle in the power structure of the 49ers.

To try and downplay Kyle's impact on the 49ers is ****ing dumb he had the final say on that great defense they have built while also bulding the most powerful and diverse running game the NFL has ever seen. I remember Kyle and Lynch when they first took over they said the first thing they wanted to do was to build a dominant defensive line and they wanted to be 7 or 8 deep up front and that's what they set out to do. They already had Buckner and Armstead has holdovers from the previous regime so they has some premium talent to work with and added Bosa and Dee Ford on the edge and have superb depth to rotate in and out.

When Kyle was appointed by the 49ers he had Jed York by the balls in the same way Mike had Pat Bowlen in 1995. Kyle had a great job as OC for the Falcons like Mike had an offer to take over as HC of the niners when Seifert was moved on. They both had great leverage they were only willing to move if they had full control and Jed York like Mr B in 1995 relented and give Kyle and Lynch 6 year contracts which was unheard of in the industry at the time. Is it just a coincidence that Kyle is in the superbowl in year 3 just like Mike was in Denver. Kyle is running rings round the NFL like his dad did 20 years ago.

Just a word on VJ it wasnt Kubiak's recommendation it was Matt Russell's because him and VJ were boys he was always getting that Bronco Job after he impressed Elway when we interviewed him 2 years earlier for the DC job. It was only when Kyle blew Elway away with the interview that gave Elway( probably got flashbacks to Mike's genius) pause but it wasnt a fit for a lot of reasons mainly Joe Ellis, structure and final control. Elway and Ellis decide to keep the status quo and went with VJ.

Comment

• Originally posted by champhalloffamer View Post
        Kyle has full control in the 49ers power stucture on the football side. He hand picked Lynch to be GM but Kyle has final say on free agents, draft, roster and staff so basically everything. Lynch is part of a collaborate effort in the front office with Adam Peters and ex GM Martin Mayhew who was brought in by Lynch because he had experience as a GM and to help Lynch in making the transition to an NFL front office. Lynch has really put is ego aside to work with Kyle and in effect be under Kyle in the power structure of the 49ers.

To try and downplay Kyle's impact on the 49ers is ****ing dumb he had the final say on that great defense they have built while also bulding the most powerful and diverse running game the NFL has ever seen. I remember Kyle and Lynch when they first took over they said the first thing they wanted to do was to build a dominant defensive line and they wanted to be 7 or 8 deep up front and that's what they set out to do. They already had Buckner and Armstead has holdovers from the previous regime so they has some premium talent to work with and added Bosa and Dee Ford on the edge and have superb depth to rotate in and out.

When Kyle was appointed by the 49ers he had Jed York by the balls in the same way Mike had Pat Bowlen in 1995. Kyle had a great job as OC for the Falcons like Mike had an offer to take over as HC of the niners when Seifert was moved on. They both had great leverage they were only willing to move if they had full control and Jed York like Mr B in 1995 relented and give Kyle and Lynch 6 year contracts which was unheard of in the industry at the time. Is it just a coincidence that Kyle is in the superbowl in year 3 just like Mike was in Denver. Kyle is running rings round the NFL like his dad did 20 years ago.

Just a word on VJ it wasnt Kubiak's recommendation it was Matt Russell's because him and VJ were boys he was always getting that Bronco Job after he impressed Elway when we interviewed him 2 years earlier for the DC job. It was only when Kyle blew Elway away with the interview that gave Elway( probably got flashbacks to Mike's genius) pause but it wasnt a fit for a lot of reasons mainly Joe Ellis, structure and final control. Elway and Ellis decide to keep the status quo and went with VJ.
        I agree with most/ all of your post. However, I still don’t know what the Niners were thinking on passing on Mahomes—twice—in the 2017 draft. The fact that Kyle has final say, he just missed something in the evaluation, or didn’t think he was a fit. Either way, he whiffed. If they took Mahomes, they might have been in the SB last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post

I agree with most/ all of your post. However, I still don’t know what the Niners were thinking on passing on Mahomes—twice—in the 2017 draft. The fact that Kyle has final say, he just missed something in the evaluation, or didn’t think he was a fit. Either way, he whiffed. If they took Mahomes, they might have been in the SB last year.
          Pretty much every team passed on him.

Comment

• Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post

John Lynch was in the broadcast booth in early 2017. Kyle was busy with the Falcons
            Peters was with Denver who drafted P Lynch
            It took a special foresight by Reid who zeroed in on Mahoomes the year before.

understandable they may not have been up in all the QBs like Reid was .

Comment

• Originally posted by CEH View Post

John Lynch was in the broadcast booth in early 2017. Kyle was busy with the Falcons

Wasn't it a scout for KC that zeroed in on Mahomes and talked Reid into they have to go get him? I can honestly say I didn't watch him much in college but how did he not go 1 in that draft?

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post

Wasn't it a scout for KC that zeroed in on Mahomes and talked Reid into they have to go get him? I can honestly say I didn't watch him much in college but how did he not go 1 in that draft?
                Probably should have said Chiefs zeroed in

Comment

Last year I pulled up several mock drafts from 2017 and Mahoomes was routinely the 3rd QB usually selected late teens

Comment

Last year I pulled up several mock drafts from 2017 and Mahoomes was routinely the 3rd QB usually selected late teens

I remember him making a late run up the boards like Cutler did. I don't watch Texas Tech or put much stock into their passing numbers but damn that was a big miss for everyone except 1.

Comment

They had enough time to scout Solomon & Ruben Foster, so I’m not giving them a pass. They just blew it. I am happy for both of them and their success this year, but they whiffed on Mahomes. They needed a QB, and Kyle/Lynch apparently had zero interest in Mahomes. It doesn’t make sense because Mahomes has everything you would want in that Shanny WCO.

Comment

I remember him making a late run up the boards like Cutler did. I don't watch Texas Tech or put much stock into their passing numbers but damn that was a big miss for everyone except 1.
                        Pretty sure it was the Texas Tech anti-bias that dropped him a bit.

Let's not forget he does a bunch of **** on the field that you really aren't supposed to do, he's just been able to make it work. It was a gamble to know if some of that no-look pass across your body stuff was going to work in the pros.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2KBack View Post

Pretty sure it was the Texas Tech anti-bias that dropped him a bit.

Let's not forget he does a bunch of **** on the field that you really aren't supposed to do, he's just been able to make it work. It was a gamble to know if some of that no-look pass across your body stuff was going to work in the pros.
                          Yeah, not only a bias against Air Raid QB's but also the fact that Texas Tech went 4-8, 7-6, 5-7 his three years there. There were a lot of question marks about him. You have to give the Chiefs credit for identifying him and going after him. They gambled and it paid off.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profil...mes?id=2558125

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Draft-S...ck-Mahomes.asp

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/03/27/pa...couting-report

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-pff-s...-qb-texas-tech

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingre...17pmahomes.php

Comment

• Footwork is a bit overrated by scouts. Plenty of QBs play at a real high level with what would be called bad footwork. Mahomes, ARod, Farve(who said you can't play in the NFL if you cant throw off back foot),etc.

I bet it is like a lilf swing where back swing doesn't matter is all about the forward motion and arm angles to an extent. Footwork just makes it easier if you don't have excess arm strength and natural ability.

Comment

• Here is a link to a podcast which explains Kyle's role in the power structure of the 49ers. Mike Lombardi is a ex GM and now is an insider with superb contacts inside the NFL the Kyle info starts at 27:30 and lasts for a couple of minutes if anyone is interested. It is the podcast dated the 20th January:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...k/id1458884463

Comment

Footwork is a bit overrated by scouts. Plenty of QBs play at a real high level with what would be called bad footwork. Mahomes, ARod, Farve(who said you can't play in the NFL if you cant throw off back foot),etc.

I bet it is like a lilf swing where back swing doesn't matter is all about the forward motion and arm angles to an extent. Footwork just makes it easier if you don't have excess arm strength and natural ability.
                                footwork and foundation is over-rated by most of the NFL and old school football pundents.
                                off platform and off script was not even part of the verbage in describing the modern ,break all the rules NFL qbs.
                                ONLY the ravens are designing their offense to ACCENTUATE the run skills of their QB !
                                Based on this years results, we will see a lot more NFL teams actually designing plays that make use of their QBs running ability !

Comment

Working...
                                X