X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RockyMountainOyster
    replied
    Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
    where are all the cheif idiots that insisted mahomes was not a running QB ?
    mahomes running paved the way to victory !
    So every QB that occasionally runs when he has an opening is a "running QB?"

I guess three quarters of the QBs in the NFL are "running QBs." Who knew.

Leave a comment:

• DENVERDUI55
    replied
    Originally posted by 2KBack View Post

It really isn't, teams freak out and stop feeding the run game when KC scores a burst of points. Henry got 16 carries for 62 yards in the first half, about 4 YPC. He only got 3 carries in the entire second half, and that is where Henry does his damage. He had 135 yards in the 2nd half against Baltimore, "only" 60 in the first.

NE only had 4 real possessions in the 2nd half of their game because despite it being a 3.8 YPC grind, they kept riding Henry in the 2nd half.

We should also point out that the 49ers give up 169 passing yards per game. That's better than the 2015 Broncos and the 2013 Seahawks. You have to go back to the 2008 Steelers, to find a statistically better pass defense.

1 game is 1 game....but still....this is by far the worst match-up for KC.
    The 49ers are the first team that KC has played that can beat them. Henry was gassed by the second quarter. Players playing 4th game after 3 straight of 22 plus carries have a dropoff. 5 ypc from their season long average. Henry was on 3 straight 30 plus carrie games. Niners D is great in the front 7 and will cause some issues. I'm just pointing out how good they have been against the pass their scheme isnt the best to stop a KC (cover 3 zone) and their CB are not great man corners. I'd love Niners to run over them in run game and have the DL take over.

Leave a comment:

• CHEF LUIGI
    replied
    where are all the cheif idiots that insisted mahomes was not a running QB ?
    mahomes running paved the way to victory !

Leave a comment:

• CHEF LUIGI
    replied
    Originally posted by 2KBack View Post

It really isn't, teams freak out and stop feeding the run game when KC scores a burst of points. Henry got 16 carries for 62 yards in the first half, about 4 YPC. He only got 3 carries in the entire second half, and that is where Henry does his damage. He had 135 yards in the 2nd half against Baltimore, "only" 60 in the first.

NE only had 4 real possessions in the 2nd half of their game because despite it being a 3.8 YPC grind, they kept riding Henry in the 2nd half.

We should also point out that the 49ers give up 169 passing yards per game. That's better than the 2015 Broncos and the 2013 Seahawks. You have to go back to the 2008 Steelers, to find a statistically better pass defense.

TITANS tried to get cute and the cheifs surprised everyone by committing to the RUN especially in the 3rd quarter where they did their best titans impersonation !
    You dont give robin hood a sword thinking it will surprise the sherriff,
    you stick with the bow and arrows that got you there !

Leave a comment:

• RockyMountainOyster
    replied
    Originally posted by Notorious View Post

Yep.

None of this means **** unless they win the whole thing.
    Remember this when your narrative turns to "we still have more playoff wins and Lamar Hunt trophies."

Leave a comment:

• 2KBack
    replied
    Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post

In the front 7 but not in the secondary. 9er corners are very bearable in man coverage which it takes vs Queefs. I dont think Sherman can run against any of their WR in man. Regardless I dont think either NzfC team will beat them but 9ers have a chance but the KC run D is better than the year long stats that people like to throw out around here.

Leave a comment:

• Mile High 81
    replied
    The only way to beat KC is Red Zone Defense. You have to hold them to 3 instat of seven. Niners have a good front 7 but holes at CB. I hope the Shannys find a good gameplan on offense, and the defense holds them to some fg. Elway better find a way for some Magic this offseason because we are looking for years of dominace if we not build a defense that holdses mahomes to 3.

Leave a comment:

• Notorious
    replied
    Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

He’s been to the Super Bowl before. He needs to win it. Until that happens the narrative doesn’t change.
    Yep.

None of this means **** unless they win the whole thing.

Leave a comment:

• Agamemnon
    replied
    Originally posted by Omnipicus View Post

Andy never had a great QB. Never. McNabb was his best and the only reason he is even sniffing any HOF consideration (he doesn’t deserve it in my opinion) is because of Andy.

people give Andy **** but fail to realize that he lost to greats. Prime Kurt Warner, prime Tom Brady, Big Ben, prime Drew Brees, arguably top 5 defense ever (TB), prime Aaron Rodgers and then Brady/Bill a couple more times.

Andy now has a real QB and surprise surprise, he’s in the Super Bowl.

he’s probably going to be back in another one too.
    He’s been to the Super Bowl before. He needs to win it. Until that happens the narrative doesn’t change.

Leave a comment:

• GoneFishin'
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Omnipicus
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyR View Post
    Andy never had a great QB. Never. McNabb was his best and the only reason he is even sniffing any HOF consideration (he doesn’t deserve it in my opinion) is because of Andy.

people give Andy **** but fail to realize that he lost to greats. Prime Kurt Warner, prime Tom Brady, Big Ben, prime Drew Brees, arguably top 5 defense ever (TB), prime Aaron Rodgers and then Brady/Bill a couple more times.

Andy now has a real QB and surprise surprise, he’s in the Super Bowl.

he’s probably going to be back in another one too.

Leave a comment:

• GoneFishin'
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DENVERDUI55
    replied
    Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

it’s funny you don’t know the difference between a rushing attempt and a scramble from a passing play.
    I totally pointed out to him at half time that the rushing attempts and TOP(which he has added lately) were way one sided for Tennessee at halftime and he just glossed over it. Then in the NFC champ game he is chirping about that. Tennessee tried his Rushing attempt theory and lost by the way we said it happens when facing a legit QB and the best in the league. Plus Henry is worthless in the pass game.

Leave a comment:

• TonyR
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BroncoBeavis
    replied
    Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

I tend to take defense in the playoffs. To the Chiefs’ credit their defense has really improved. I really didn’t expect them to stifle the Titans’ run game but they did.
    Spags brings the house more than anyone. Just haven't played a QB that could break it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X