AFC Championship game thread - Titans Vs. Chiefs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gutless Drunk View Post

I don't really think this is narrative changing for Reid at this juncture. He won as heavy home favorites against the 4th and 6th seed, that's not some historic run or anything - that's what you're supposed to do. Houston is not really very good and the Titan's were overachievers, it was one of the easiest SB paths in recent memory. Which absolutely does not matter for your team and fans - you can only play who they put in front of you and you're in the Super Bowl.

I just don't see it changing any Reid narrative though unless he wins the Super Bowl. That may or not matter to you (it shouldn't). Certainly if he caps it off it will wash away all the years of failure and completely reverse the narrative on him. He seems like a good guy so I wouldn't mind it for him.

If only you didn't employ the massive scum bag Tyreek Hill, I might even root for it for him, but alas....
    Tyreek Hill has had 0 arrests as a member of the Chiefs.

Denver, meanwhile, continued to employ Brandon Marshall after, what, 5 arrests and a ton of domestic violence situations? Then you have Rod Smith. Among many others.

Did you support these players? Did you call for them to be cut?

Comment

• Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post

god you are so bad at trolling.

just one game that year ay?

Enjoy your super bowl week. It’s a great feeling. If you have any questions about what it feels like to win one, let us know. We’ll be happy to guide you through the process
      I guess you could tell me what it was like to get utterly humiliated by the 49ers in the Super Bowl.

that is our worst case scenario after all

Comment

• People here forget that when we won our first Super Bowl we did it as a wildcard team. We actually had to win two games on the road that year to make it; we beat Pittsburgh and Kansas City at their own stadium.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2KBack View Post

Wasn't just the #2 seed, it was the 2014 and 2016 champs. Denver broke the 3 peat combo.
          IIRC, Denver was the only thing that prevented 6 straight Patriots Super Bowls.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gutless Drunk View Post

yea...it was relatively easy, a 6 seed and then the 2 seed. We were home dogs for the AFC Championship though. There is nothing wrong with an easy road to the Super Bowl. It doesn't matter at all. You guys were heavy home favorites both games so it wasn't a hard road...don't kid yourself.

It doesn't matter if you get there. I was just saying it really isn't some sort of career defining run for Andy's legacy....yet. And most reasonable people would agree with that, but you're not reasonable.
            I’m just saying. It’s not easy for any team to get to the Super Bowl. The Ravens were dominant and the Titans beat them on the road. They deserve credit for being a very good team.

I would argue the 49ers had an easier path than us. Kirk Cousins and a Packers team that completely **** the bed and didn’t look like they wanted to be there from the first snap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omnipicus View Post

I guess you could tell me what it was like to get utterly humiliated by the 49ers in the Super Bowl.

It sucks. That said, getting worked over the the SB is better than not getting there at all, no matter what anyone says.

Comment

yeah I can. I can tell you about getting beat in 3 others. And I can tell you what it’s like winning 3. I can tell you what it’s like to have seven Super Bowl appearances.

how’s the first feel? It’s nice right?

Comment

I’m just saying. It’s not easy for any team to get to the Super Bowl.
                  It actually can be if you get the top seed. Win 2 home games and you're there.

Originally posted by Omnipicus View Post

I would argue the 49ers had an easier path than us. Kirk Cousins and a Packers team that completely **** the bed and didn’t look like they wanted to be there from the first snap.
                  You could argue that but it would have absolutely zero relevance to the impact on Andy's legacy, which is what we were actually discussing. So......

Last edited by Gutless Drunk; 01-20-2020, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Kind of. Denver had zero chance in that one where you guys are favored. That 89 9ers might be the GOAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by RockyMountainOyster View Post

Tyreek Hill has had 0 arrests as a member of the Chiefs.

Denver, meanwhile, continued to employ Brandon Marshall after, what, 5 arrests and a ton of domestic violence situations? Then you have Rod Smith. Among many others.

Did you support these players? Did you call for them to be cut?
                      rod smith is the worst example you could have chosen. Google his name, tell his how many arrests and for what.

you still see Rod Smith on the sideline on game days and he's probably the greatest Broncos not named TD and Elway (for the era). It's asshats like you that keep Broncos fans hoping for the worst in Chorfland.

https://www.espn.com/espnmag/story?id=3711275

Last edited by bronco militia; 01-20-2020, 12:36 PM.

Comment

• The only reason T.Hill i still in the NFL That there is no Video tape from him.

Comment

• Originally posted by bronco militia View Post

rod smith is the worst example you could have chosen. Google his name, tell his how many arrests and for what.

An affidavit filed in Douglas County District Court alleges Smith choked, beat and shoved 27-year-old Jami Mourglia during an argument Wednesday at their home in Parker southeast of Denver.

Okay. Now what?

Comment

• Originally posted by RockyMountainOyster View Post

An affidavit filed in Douglas County District Court alleges Smith choked, beat and shoved 27-year-old Jami Mourglia during an argument Wednesday at their home in Parker southeast of Denver.

Okay. Now what?
                            keep going. google is your friend

Comment

• Give it a ducking rest!
                              Enough if this ****.
                              Youvwant to talk Chiefs here, go to their website.
                              This is a broncos forum.
                              i sure hope The Niners whip their asses and put an end to this crap, even that, might make it worse!

Comment

• Originally posted by strafen View Post
                                Give it a ducking rest!
                                Enough if this ****.
                                Youvwant to talk Chiefs here, go to their website.
                                This is a broncos forum.
                                i sure hope The Niners whip their asses and put an end to this crap, even that, might make it worse!
                                There really is a kind of 2013 smell to this thing. Arcade offense against a defense that's just built to beat the **** out of teams.

Would be fun to see that play out.

Comment

Working...
                                X