AFC Championship game thread - Titans Vs. Chiefs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RockyMountainOyster View Post

Remember this when your narrative turns to "we still have more playoff wins and Lamar Hunt trophies."
    I’m a Chiefs fan. Need to win one more or all of this season has been a big waste.

Comment

• Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
      where are all the cheif idiots that insisted mahomes was not a running QB ?
      mahomes running paved the way to victory !
      He is quoted above. You should look up QB run vs a Scramble.

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post

The 49ers are the first team that KC has played that can beat them. Henry was gassed by the second quarter. Players playing 4th game after 3 straight of 22 plus carries have a dropoff. 5 ypc from their season long average. Henry was on 3 straight 30 plus carrie games. Niners D is great in the front 7 and will cause some issues. I'm just pointing out how good they have been against the pass their scheme isnt the best to stop a KC (cover 3 zone) and their CB are not great man corners. I'd love Niners to run over them in run game and have the DL take over.
        I think the key is really keeping Mahommes in the pocket. Every major conversion yesterday came with him drifting out of the pocket and throwing on the run....or running to the edge himself. SF has the horses to do that, we'll see if it happens.

Comment

• Lynch and Shanahan have stated their number one objective was to build a championship quality d line. We'll see where they are at but this is the worst matchup for the Chiefs. Falling down double digits is not a long term recipe for success. Has a team had an easier path to the Super Bowl? Starting with being gifted a #2 seed by the Patriots of all teams? Please. You have to get to Mahomes with 4. Bosa needs to have a big day.

I like the Niners in this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omnipicus View Post
            Where are all the intelligent Bronco fans on this board that have been telling us to fire Reid bc we’ll never get anywhere with him in January?
            I don't really think this is narrative changing for Reid at this juncture. He won as heavy home favorites against the 4th and 6th seed, that's not some historic run or anything - that's what you're supposed to do. Houston is not really very good and the Titan's were overachievers, it was one of the easiest SB paths in recent memory. Which absolutely does not matter for your team and fans - you can only play who they put in front of you and you're in the Super Bowl.

I just don't see it changing any Reid narrative though unless he wins the Super Bowl. That may or not matter to you (it shouldn't). Certainly if he caps it off it will wash away all the years of failure and completely reverse the narrative on him. He seems like a good guy so I wouldn't mind it for him.

If only you didn't employ the massive scum bag Tyreek Hill, I might even root for it for him, but alas....

Comment

• Originally posted by MplsBronco View Post
              Lynch and Shanahan have stated their number one objective was to build a championship quality d line. We'll see where they are at but this is the worst matchup for the Chiefs. Falling down double digits is not a long term recipe for success. Has a team had an easier path to the Super Bowl? Starting with being gifted a #2 seed by the Patriots of all teams? Please. You have to get to Mahomes with 4. Bosa needs to have a big day.

I like the Niners in this one.
              100% right. Tony was (rightfully) touting Mahomes ability to deal with the blitz. I wasn't necessarily calling for blitzes though... just couldn't believe how many times the Titans brought only 3.

San Fran can heat him up from their base. Should be a considerably different game than they're used to.

Comment

• It’s cute hearing some of you guys say our road to the Super Bowl was easy.

you must have forgotten your run in 2015. The Steelers didn’t have Antonio Brown or Le’Veon Bell in that game and Big Ben’s arm was injured which limited him.

Doesn’t get any easier than that

Comment

It’s cute hearing some of you guys say our road to the Super Bowl was easy.

you must have forgotten your run in 2015. The Steelers didn’t have Antonio Brown or Le’Veon Bell in that game and Big Ben’s arm was injured which limited him.

Damn, we only had to play one game in the playoffs that year? That's pretty amazing.

Comment

Tell us more about how easy it’s been to beat the Pats in the playoffs. As a Chiefs fan you should know all about that right?

Comment

god you are so bad at trolling.

just one game that year ay?

Enjoy your super bowl week. It’s a great feeling. If you have any questions about what it feels like to win one, let us know. We’ll be happy to guide you through the process

Comment

• Originally posted by 2KBack View Post

Damn, we only had to play one game in the playoffs that year? That's pretty amazing.
                        We took on a fully BeGronked Pats with a still-potent Brady. Held them to 18 points.

Pats Dynasty essentially had to retire for these chumps to finally break through.

Comment

We beat the Patriots with Brock Osweiler to secure our seeding. Then we beat them again.

Go suck on that! I hate stupid comments.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post

god you are so bad at trolling.

just one game that year ay?

Enjoy your super bowl week. It’s a great feeling. If you have any questions about what it feels like to win one, let us know. We’ll be happy to guide you through the process
                            I predict they lose their sh#t, party like morons, and come in unprepared. Kelce leads the debauchery.

Comment

yea...it was relatively easy, a 6 seed and then the 2 seed. We were home dogs for the AFC Championship though. There is nothing wrong with an easy road to the Super Bowl. It doesn't matter at all. You guys were heavy home favorites both games so it wasn't a hard road...don't kid yourself.

It doesn't matter if you get there. I was just saying it really isn't some sort of career defining run for Andy's legacy....yet. And most reasonable people would agree with that, but you're not reasonable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gutless Drunk View Post

yea...it was relatively easy, a 6 seed and then the 2 seed. We were home dogs for the AFC Championship though. There is nothing wrong with an easy road to the Super Bowl. It doesn't matter at all. You guys were heavy home favorites both games so it wasn't a hard road...don't kid yourself.

It doesn't matter if you get there. I was just saying it really isn't some sort of career defining run for Andy's legacy....yet. And most reasonable people would agree with that, but you're not reasonable.
                                Wasn't just the #2 seed, it was the 2014 and 2016 champs. Denver broke the 3 peat combo.

Comment

Working...
                                X