Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's Strike Champ's 2013 Season From The Books.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's Strike Champ's 2013 Season From The Books.

It didn't have to be like this.

He's worse than The Roc.

Comment

People have injury riddled seasons. Why is everyone turning on Champ? He will probably never be what he used to be, but he's a frickin legend. Give the guy a break and some respect. Age is a B!tch, just ask Ed Reed.

Comment

alot of great players had an injury year. this doesnt diminish what hes previously accomplished as a cover corner and defensive player.

Comment

Originally posted by SeedReaver View Post
          People have injury riddled seasons. Why is everyone turning on Champ? He will probably never be what he used to be, but he's a frickin legend. Give the guy a break and some respect. Age is a B!tch, just ask Ed Reed.
          I just didn't want him to have a year like this. It is a stain on an otherwise legendary career.

Comment

In before CHIEF LOOGIE barges in spewing hate-speech.

Comment

Wouldnt give a **** if he played only a handful more snaps all season but we won it all. We'd owe him the ring to say the least.

Baltimore last season broke him i feel. Was running on empty for a while and he got roasted, that was when the engine ran out of fumes and conked.

Comment

Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                I just didn't want him to have a year like this. It is a stain on an otherwise legendary career.
                I wasn't referring to you, and yes I agree. I'm just blown away at people's fairweather-ness. I'm referring to both Champ and Woodyard, both are being incredibly underappreciated on this board right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                  I don't really see it as a stain. It's unfortunate, definitely, but I would more so associate a stain with bad performance more than injury and he really hasn't been in enough plays for that to be the case. Now, if he had played poorly all year long and then it came out that he was dealing with nagging injuries, I think you could call that a stain. Even so, at his age, this sort of thing happens too. I think that's more of a natural order of things than a stain.

I think what this is really about, the Champ hate, is that we are still trying to find someone to blame for our defensive issues. In reality, this is the defense we have always had. Last year we played very few good offenses and we had a lot of lucky breaks. This year, our offense is both turning the ball over AND playing at a very high rate of speed. Look at football outsiders rankings for a second. They have our D at 15th overall. To me, that's good enough. Anyway, Champ may or may not be okay after this year but if anything I look at this year as a testament to his will as a competitor for even trying to get back on the field.

Comment

It has been tough to watch. But when all is said and done, he will be a Bronco in Canton. And lets face it, we could use a couple more there.

Comment

How about "Let's strike his salary from the 2014 salary cap" instead?

Comment

Champ getting 100 % healthy so he can hit as big a payday as he can this offseason, because he knows he is gone at his current salary. Let's be honest, he talks about a Super Bowl but really gives a **** about it. It's all about the $$$

Comment

one of my favorite players of all time...a Hall of Fame career and there for a BUNCH of my memories in this decade as a Broncos fan

but "hey, he just cares about money".....this board sucks at times

Comment

No break, no lis franc, a few weak attempts to get back on the field, scurries back to the sideline each game. Seems to me like he just is protecting his value.

Comment

Originally posted by bpc View Post
                              No break, no lis franc, a few weak attempts to get back on the field, scurries back to the sideline each game. Seems to me like he just is protecting his value.
                              seems to me like you have never played a sport, or been an older athlete

same type of person who complains when a guy can't get up from being knocked down twice in a round in boxing

Comment

Working...
                              X