Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DomCasual
    replied
    With tonight's development, I don't see how Monfort has any choice but to fire Bridich, immediately. Arenado has drawn his line in the sand now. Bridich, starting with the opt-out, has destroyed any meaningful trade market. Bridich has painted himself into a nice little corner.

Leave a comment:

• balero
    replied
    Originally posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
    We have 0 payroll flexibility because I signed a “super bullpen” and they all suck balls. So I may need to trade the guy who could replace Helton as the greatest Rockie ever.
    -Jeff Bridich

Thanks jackass.
    The contrarian will argue that the savings from trading Arenado will go to "building a team". But here's what Bridich will do with those "savings", spend $101 million combined like you said on Wade Davis, Jake McGee and Bryan Shaw, and also give $72 million to Ian Desmond to play 1B when his bat doesn't profile there.

Also, when there's a buying opportunity to keep a popular player like DJ LeMahieu, we'll let him walk to the New York Yankees for two years, $24 million and watch him finish fourth in the AL MVP voting.

Leave a comment:

• Hercules Rockefeller
    replied
    We have 0 payroll flexibility because I signed a “super bullpen” and they all suck balls. So I may need to trade the guy who could replace Helton as the greatest Rockie ever.
    -Jeff Bridich

Thanks jackass.

Leave a comment:

• balero
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronc62 View Post
    I don't even know why the Rockies engaged in this dialogue in the first place.

1. Arenado's contract pretty much assures return for him will be meager.

2. Rockies can sweeten the pot by contributing money to the club that acquires Arenado, but still, we're talking about second-tier parts at best coming back for an elite player.

Leave a comment:

• balero
    replied
    Originally posted by DomCasual View Post
    Peter Gammons votes for six players on his Hall ballot. None of his six include Larry Walker or Todd Helton, two players he voted for last year.

What the heck? Senility? It's going to be very, very close for Larry Walker.
    In the interview, Gammons went on to say that he would feel horrible if Walker missed it by one vote.

If not elected Tuesday, my belief is that the Today's Game Committee will get Walker in during the Dec. 2021 vote at the Baseball Winter Meetings. But why prolong it? Get him in now.

Leave a comment:

• balero
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronc62 View Post

Leave a comment:

• Bronc62
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DomCasual
    replied
    Peter Gammons votes for six players on his Hall ballot. None of his six include Larry Walker or Todd Helton, two players he voted for last year.

What the heck? Senility? It's going to be very, very close for Larry Walker.

Leave a comment:

• Hercules Rockefeller
    replied
    Bad signing after bad signing.

God I hope they don’t trade Arenado because they have 0 payroll flexibility. Besides moronically letting Shaw vest for an extra season, at least most of the crap bullpen signings are off the books after this season.

Leave a comment:

• Bronc62
    replied
    First get rid of clueless Rockies GM Jeff Bridich, then we can talk some optimism for the season. Otherwise, a massive fan revolt is brewing for 2020, especially if Arenado is traded.

Leave a comment:

• Paladin
    replied
    I figure it doesn't matter so WTH? I was so disappointed in last year's team.

Leave a comment:

• DomCasual
    started a poll 2020 Colorado Rockies

2020 Colorado Rockies

100+ wins
    0%
    90-100 wins
    10.00%
    85-90 wins
    10.00%
    80-85 wins
    0%
    70-80 wins
    50.00%
    63-70 wins
    30.00%
    Their first 100 loss season
    0%

The poll is expired.

So, SVine started the Rockies thread in 2019. The team lost 91 games, and seems intent on trading the best player in team history.

This year, I'll start the thread. (If you want something done right, you just do it yourself!) SVine clearly doesn't have it.

I love the Rockies. I loved them from the minute they were announced. I started buying Rockies gear the literal day they unveiled their logo and color scheme. I regularly took my son out of school during the magical late summer and autumn of 2007 (because priorities), and failed at holding back tears as we sat at Coors Field, watching Jonathan Papelbon strike out Seth Smith for the final out of the World Series. I love them in spite of the Monfort brothers (the drunk one and the incompetent one), and Dan O'Dowd, and Jeff Bridich, and even Jose Reyes. I love them in spite of Wade Davis, and Bryan Shaw, and Jake McGee. I felt wild, crazy optimism in December Y2K, when we bet the future of the franchise on Denny Neagle and Mike Hampton, and then felt completely defeated just short of four years later, when Neagle was arrested for soliciting a Colfax prostitute - officially ending the whole sad sack situation (Hampton had long since started a disastrous stint with the Braves). I still regularly watch game 163. And when nobody is watching, I reenact Dante Bichette's walk-off home run in the bottom of the 14th on a cold, late-April night in 1995 in lower downtown Denver - starting a run of hundreds upon hundreds of magical moments from that place.

And, I'll still love them after they finish something like 77-85 this year.

Poll question: predict the Rockies 2020 record.
Working...
X