X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• balero
    replied
    Originally posted by BadDog View Post
    I like the extra innings change. And I like the 7inning double headers. I even like the universal DH, which I NEVER thought I'd say. When you're team is set to lose 90 plus and finish 20 games out in the division .... is 162 really necessary. Can't they find a way to go back to 154 games and make up the revenue with expanded playoffs?

It's been sort of interesting this season with both the Padres and the Braves being works in progress. The Braves especially lost their opening day starter, but should enter the playoffs with three or even four legitimate MLB starting pitchers, three with good arms and an old vet.

I'm not sure a team could really win a division with the starting pitching Atl had for most of the "season."
    The seven-inning doubleheaders are crisp, the flow to those games are what baseball should be.

I liked seeing Kyle Wright shut down the Mets Sunday. They needed him to set up.

Leave a comment:

• balero
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BadDog
    replied
    I like the extra innings change. And I like the 7inning double headers. I even like the universal DH, which I NEVER thought I'd say. When you're team is set to lose 90 plus and finish 20 games out in the division .... is 162 really necessary. Can't they find a way to go back to 154 games and make up the revenue with expanded playoffs?

It's been sort of interesting this season with both the Padres and the Braves being works in progress. The Braves especially lost their opening day starter, but should enter the playoffs with three or even four legitimate MLB starting pitchers, three with good arms and an old vet.

I'm not sure a team could really win a division with the starting pitching Atl had for most of the "season."

Leave a comment:

• balero
    replied
    Steve Cohen Could Bring Sandy Alderson Back To Mets
    https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...eve-cohen.html

Leave a comment:

• balero
    replied

Leave a comment:

• balero
    replied
    Tigers Manager Ron Gardenhire Retires
    https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...e-retires.html

Leave a comment:

• balero
    replied
    Justin Verlander To Undergo Tommy John Surgery https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...n-surgery.html

Leave a comment:

• balero
    replied
    Originally posted by v2micca View Post
    The Post season should be about creating match ups between the best of the best players in baseball as often as possible.
    I agree with that point if it was a conventional postseason.

In this nutty pandemic postseason with a best-of-three first round, I don't mind seeing the deck stacked against an eighth or seventh seed. I don't want to see a garbage team like San Francisco make a run to the NLCS because I don't think they're deserving of the playoffs to begin with. That's bad baseball too.

Leave a comment:

• v2micca
    replied
    Originally posted by balero View Post

That's fine with me. I think it's a more truer test of a team's depth and roster this way.

The Brewers, who sit at 10th and are chasing the Giants at 8, could be nasty and tough to beat in a short series with rest with Corbin Burnes, Brandon Woodruff, Josh Hader, Devin Williams, Freddy Peralta. I don't think lesser teams should be able to ride a select group of pitchers in the postseason. Make them use their depth.
    I disagree. The regular season should be the test of a team's depth and the regular season should eliminate teams that don't have 4+ solid guys in the rotation and decent bullpen. The Post season should be about creating match ups between the best of the best players in baseball as often as possible.

Leave a comment:

• balero
    replied

Leave a comment:

• sgbfan
    replied
    I'm fine with that. Make the playoff about total team, moreso than the top 3 starters.

Leave a comment:

• balero
    replied
    Manfred Hopes To Make Expanded Playoff Format Permanent
    https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...ings-2021.html

Leave a comment:

• TD4HOF
    replied
    Originally posted by balero View Post

That's fine with me. I think it's a more truer test of a team's depth and roster this way.

The Brewers, who sit at 10th and are chasing the Giants at 8, could be nasty and tough to beat in a short series with rest with Corbin Burnes, Brandon Woodruff, Josh Hader, Devin Williams, Freddy Peralta. I don't think lesser teams should be able to ride a select group of pitchers in the postseason. Make them use their depth.
    Agreed re team depth. If the NBA guys can go every other friggin night for weeks on end, they'll be all right.

Leave a comment:

• balero
    replied

Leave a comment:

• balero
    replied
    Originally posted by TD4HOF View Post

That's gonna really change things. 4th and 5th starters coming into play...a lot of short rest outings.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X