• Click image for larger version

Name:	2D88ECA0-E2F1-4278-902F-4097AABC9A0A.jpeg
Views:	72
Size:	155.1 KB
ID:	2697375

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by balero View Post
        That's gonna really change things. 4th and 5th starters coming into play...a lot of short rest outings.

Comment

• Originally posted by TD4HOF View Post

That's gonna really change things. 4th and 5th starters coming into play...a lot of short rest outings.
          That's fine with me. I think it's a more truer test of a team's depth and roster this way.

The Brewers, who sit at 10th and are chasing the Giants at 8, could be nasty and tough to beat in a short series with rest with Corbin Burnes, Brandon Woodruff, Josh Hader, Devin Williams, Freddy Peralta. I don't think lesser teams should be able to ride a select group of pitchers in the postseason. Make them use their depth.

Comment

• Comment

That's fine with me. I think it's a more truer test of a team's depth and roster this way.

The Brewers, who sit at 10th and are chasing the Giants at 8, could be nasty and tough to beat in a short series with rest with Corbin Burnes, Brandon Woodruff, Josh Hader, Devin Williams, Freddy Peralta. I don't think lesser teams should be able to ride a select group of pitchers in the postseason. Make them use their depth.
              Agreed re team depth. If the NBA guys can go every other friggin night for weeks on end, they'll be all right.

Comment

• Manfred Hopes To Make Expanded Playoff Format Permanent
                https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...ings-2021.html

Comment

• I'm fine with that. Make the playoff about total team, moreso than the top 3 starters.

Comment

• Comment

I disagree. The regular season should be the test of a team's depth and the regular season should eliminate teams that don't have 4+ solid guys in the rotation and decent bullpen. The Post season should be about creating match ups between the best of the best players in baseball as often as possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by v2micca View Post
                        The Post season should be about creating match ups between the best of the best players in baseball as often as possible.
                        I agree with that point if it was a conventional postseason.

In this nutty pandemic postseason with a best-of-three first round, I don't mind seeing the deck stacked against an eighth or seventh seed. I don't want to see a garbage team like San Francisco make a run to the NLCS because I don't think they're deserving of the playoffs to begin with. That's bad baseball too.

Comment

• Justin Verlander To Undergo Tommy John Surgery https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...n-surgery.html

Comment

• Tigers Manager Ron Gardenhire Retires
                            https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...e-retires.html

Comment

• Comment

• Steve Cohen Could Bring Sandy Alderson Back To Mets
                                https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...eve-cohen.html

Comment

Working...
                                X