Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

General Baseball - 2020

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

    He's one of the top players in baseball, helped his team win a WS and he's only 27. It makes no sense to even allow him to enter FA.
    In baseball, teams don’t really have a choice on that matter if the player in question refuses to sign. There is no franchise tag that can be applied to limit player movement during FA.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by v2micca View Post

      In baseball, teams don’t really have a choice on that matter if the player in question refuses to sign. There is no franchise tag that can be applied to limit player movement during FA.
      The Red Sox have the financial muscle to match any offer out there. They just traded this generation's Ted Williams, Carl Yastrzemski. A bad PR move, especially in a city that has been spoiled by championships and doesn't have much tolerance for mediocrity.

      Comment


      • HardballTalk: Pete Rose, citing the Astros, asks for reinstatement
        https://mlb.nbcsports.com/2020/02/05...reinstatement/

        Comment


        • Comment


          • Anything that helps the Dodgers take the next step (getting past cheating franchises) is okay by me. And if it hurts the Red Sox at the same time? It's like icing on the cake.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by balero View Post

              The Red Sox have the financial muscle to match any offer out there. They just traded this generation's Ted Williams, Carl Yastrzemski. A bad PR move, especially in a city that has been spoiled by championships and doesn't have much tolerance for mediocrity.
              I know, as a fan that avidly despises what Red Sox Nation has morphed into following the 2004 Title, I'm enjoying the hell our of their suffering this morning. Couldn't have happened to a more deserving fan base.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by balero View Post
                HardballTalk: Pete Rose, citing the Astros, asks for reinstatement
                https://mlb.nbcsports.com/2020/02/05...reinstatement/
                pete continues to be an idiot! he bet on baseball ! he probably bet on the astros !
                the reason baseball has a commissioner and a lifetime ban on gambling is to give the game credability !
                life time ban is the deterrant ! allowing rose in the HOF takes away the deterant ! what the astros did just confirms that MLB must be vigilant in stopping cheating and prohibiting gambling on baseball from those involved in the game !

                pete rose, great player, stupid idiot
                he knew the consequences of his actions but he systematicly and repeatedly bet on baseball !
                no tears, no sympathy.

                Comment


                • Comment


                  • Originally posted by v2micca View Post

                    In baseball, teams don’t really have a choice on that matter if the player in question refuses to sign. There is no franchise tag that can be applied to limit player movement during FA.
                    The Red Sox are one of the few teams in baseball where money is not an object. Yankees, Red Sox, Mets(with their new owner), Dodgers, Angels all have rich owners.

                    Heck the Giants, Nationals, Cardinals, Braves, Twins all have owners who are worth more than the Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers and Angels owners.

                    The Red Sox simply did not want to pay Mookie, they have the ability to pay his salary demands. They chose not to.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by TonyR View Post
                      It is quite interesting how well the Dodgers maintain their farm system even while winning and spending a ton of cash on the ML team.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by elsid13 View Post
                        I'm so pissed John Henry and the rest of the Boston ownership group right now. They just traded away potential every season MVP for two maybes. What make it worse is Dumbraski left the minors a mess because of all his stupid trades for broken down middle relievers.

                        ****
                        The Sox had such a deep farm and then it's like it disappeared overnight.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

                          The Sox had such a deep farm and then it's like it disappeared overnight.
                          Started with the Chris Sale trade. You gave up three big pieces on that deal alone.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by v2micca View Post

                            Started with the Chris Sale trade. You gave up three big pieces on that deal alone.
                            That was a fully understandable trade though. Aces like Sale rarely come along.

                            Comment


                            • Let me take that back. The Mets will not be one of those teams since the sale to Cohen is likely not going to happen now.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by balero View Post
                                F yeah.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X