General Baseball - 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

Why is every baseball team now obsessed with teams taking on part of the salary to facilitate trades? It just seemingly randomly popped up a few years back. I get the tax and all but jeez.
    I agree. In this case, Mookie Betts is an elite player unpaid at $27 million, while Will Myers is an overpaid mediocre player that is owed $80 million over four years.

I feel the Padres are going to have to give up a package of cost controlled players to offset this even though Mookie is on one year.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
      HOF is a joke. There’s always going to be someone offended from the writers association that has a vendetta on a player that has nothing to do with actual baseball skills. like not voting for Schilling because of his “character”(multiple voters like Shaughnessy say this is the the reason they vote no) meanwhile the character of several players already in are far worse.
      Keeping Schilling out is an interesting case because I believe keeping a player out due to character should be because of a conviction for murder, domestic abuse, child neglect. An act that all of society can agree is despicable. The writers are keeping Schilling out for words he said. That's ridiculous.

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic
      Cheating has been a part of baseball since it’s been invented. Stealing signs are only a blip of what goes on. Just be better than the other team at cheating. Trying to keep it “clean” by not allowing certain Players who are definite HOFers in is hilarious. There’s so many cheaters already in over decades and decades of baseball. Bonds isn’t in because of roids. He’s not in because he was a dick to these writers. Why you think ARod plasters himself as a good guy on TV currently? His percentage will be much higher than Bonds.
      The more interesting case than ARod is David Ortiz, who reportedly failed a 2003 test when those were suppose to kept secret. I believe the electorate is going to make Ortiz a first-ballot Hall of Famer despite this being known.

Despite him trying to rehabilitate his image, ARod is still a polarizing figure in my mind. I think there's still a decent amount of people that can't stand him.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

Ya but that’s just what you heard cause it was caught. A friend of mine who played minor/major for a career told me that was common among multiple teams he was on.
        Oh I understand that cheating happens all of the time in baseball. It's like in college football and basketball, everyone sort of knows which teams pay players and how but no one says anything unless you get caught.

Comment

Originally posted by balero View Post

I agree. In this case, Mookie Betts is an elite player unpaid at $27 million, while Will Myers is an overpaid mediocre player that is owed $80 million over four years.

I feel the Padres are going to have to give up a package of cost controlled players to offset this even though Mookie is on one year.
          I know it started before then, but the first major case I remember was McCann to the Astros. They would only take him on if the Yanks paid a certain amount to offset the money and then the amount of money paid increased the prospect return.
          I remember when teams just salary dumped guys for low level prospects and called it a day.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Luis Rojas gives hope that any baseball employee can make it to the top. He was transporting players in a van during spring training in the Mets organization a little more than 10 years ago.

Comment

Yankees Want Miguel Andujar To Learn To Play 1B, LF
                        https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...lay-1b-lf.html

Comment

Comment

I hate the idea of trading Mookie for prospects. It’s stupid. They have the money, pay the stupid “tax”.

Comment

Originally posted by balero View Post
                              Yankees Want Miguel Andujar To Learn To Play 1B, LF
                              https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...lay-1b-lf.html
                              Yeah, because they have Urshela at 3B now.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X