Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GoneFishin' View Post

Man I hope they don't resort to that.
    Me too! I feel the league talent is just now starting to catch up to the last round. MLB got bailed out by the incredible international talent out there. But we don't have enough American players coming up to sustain more rosters.

Comment

• Originally posted by TD4HOF View Post

The problem is separating the extraordinary from the normal. Will the owners seize upon any concessions given during the coronavirus crisis for the long term? The players are in an impossible position. I find the concept of the players surrendering in the name of uplifting the country completely absurd. Literally risking their lives and the lives of their families and even the auxiliary staff and everyone else for a massive payout while torpedoing their own negotiating power. I'm with Blake Snell on this one.

This is all really moot to me, anyway. The logistics alone gives me a headache. Huge difference between South Korea and here. Shoot, even just considering the differences among all 50 states is a staggering affair.
      What if the NBA, NFL and NHL resume at some point, but MLB and MLBPA repeat 1994 during a global crisis when 40 million Americans and counting are out of work?

That's a black eye on both sides, players included.

Both sides need to stop negotiating and throwing grenades through the media, and just find a way to make it work at the bargaining table.

Players think these exorbitant salaries are going to be waiting for them in 2021-23 if baseball just shuts it down. That's a losing proposition for all parties involved.

Comment

• Brent Honeywell Undergoes Ulnar Nerve Procedure
        https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...nar-nerve.html

Comment

• MLBPA Responds To League’s Health & Safety Proposal
          https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...-proposal.html

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by balero View Post
                The beauty to brains ratio was not working on that day LMAO

Comment

• MLB Will Propose Financial Plan To Players On Tuesday
                  https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...n-tuesday.html

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

It's nice to see optimism from a baseball writer for once.

I don't understand how so many writers can look at circumstances so negatively before MLB even submits an official proposal to the union. Let them negotiate at the bargaining table.

It's like some people want a labor impasse.

Comment

• Originally posted by balero View Post

It's nice to see optimism from a baseball writer for once.

I don't understand how so many writers can look at circumstances so negatively before MLB even submits an official proposal to the union. Let them negotiate at the bargaining table.

It's like some people want a labor impasse.
                          Given the vitriol spewed by both sides to the media...not hard to figure out why.

Comment

• This would be really weird but the playoffs would certainly be interesting.

So here’s our proposal. Instead of an 81-game season and an expanded 14-team playoffs, cut the season even more dramatically to 44 games with a 20-team playoff format.
                            The 44-game schedule would allow each team to play six games against its other division opponents (24 total games) and four games against each of the five teams in the teams from the other league’s similar division. The NL East and AL East, NL Central and AL Central and NL West and AL West would play each other.

In our 44-game season, the regular season could be played in roughly seven weeks. The playoffs themselves would take another six weeks or so to resolve.

Comment

• Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

Given the vitriol spewed by both sides to the media...not hard to figure out why.
                              It's easy to take a few comments and have them represent the whole player body.

The problem I have is that there's this perception that the players are better off sitting out than playing because the greedy owners are taking advantage of them. There seems to be a lack of common sense that owners are going to have cash flow problems with no ticket sales, no parking, no concessions, limited merchandising.

Despite that fact, the players can still negotiate deferred salaries for the entire amount they feel they're owed, and use their leverage to help out their situation in the long run. It's not a doom and gloom situation. Just let the bargaining process play itself out.

Comment

This would be really weird but the playoffs would certainly be interesting.

I totally expect the coronavirus baseball season to be gimmicky because of the circumstances, but I think even the trash teams like the Baltimore Orioles are going to want some season length so they can develop players and give them the reps they need to improve.

Comment

Working...
                                X