Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

General Baseball - 2020

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Comment


    • Dr. Christopher Ahmad Warns Of Rash Of Tommy John Surgeries
      https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...surgeries.html

      Comment


      • Originally posted by balero View Post
        This is a badly mismanaged step in the process. Should not be this small, it's going to kill a lot of programs.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by balero View Post
          Dr. Christopher Ahmad Warns Of Rash Of Tommy John Surgeries
          https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...surgeries.html
          I can see it happening.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

            This is a badly mismanaged step in the process. Should not be this small, it's going to kill a lot of programs.
            The owners don't want to spend bonuses on low percentage amateurs in a year when there's no ticket revenues.

            It will be interesting to see which teams dominate in that free agent pool of amateurs. With a $20K bonus cap, I wouldn't be surprised if the best undrafted amateurs flock to the franchises with a strong history in recent years of player development, i.e. the Dodgers, Astros, Yankees. Pretty much the blue bloods. I would say the Rays, but I think they will be cash strapped.

            In the big picture, it's been a bad year for amateurs that have major league dreams. Affiliated minor league baseball is getting trimmed down by at least 40 teams. The 2021 draft is going to be paired down to 20 rounds. College programs will be overloaded with returners and incoming freshmen.

            MLB owners are showing how much they really care about the sport outside of big leagues. They really don't.


            Comment


            • Originally posted by GoneFishin' View Post

              I can see it happening.
              It's already been a bad year on this end with Noah Syndergaard, Chris Sale, Luis Severino and Andres Munoz.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by balero View Post

                The owners don't want to spend bonuses on low percentage amateurs in a year when there's no ticket revenues.

                It will be interesting to see which teams dominate in that free agent pool of amateurs. With a $20K bonus cap, I wouldn't be surprised if the best undrafted amateurs flock to the franchises with a strong history in recent years of player development, i.e. the Dodgers, Astros, Yankees. Pretty much the blue bloods. I would say the Rays, but I think they will be cash strapped.

                In the big picture, it's been a bad year for amateurs that have major league dreams. Affiliated minor league baseball is getting trimmed down by at least 40 teams. The 2021 draft is going to be paired down to 20 rounds. College programs will be overloaded with returners and incoming freshmen.

                MLB owners are showing how much they really care about the sport outside of big leagues. They really don't.

                This is only going to further hurt the young pipeline of baseball though. A lot of talent will simply stay in school. Others will potentially sign on the cheap but all this does is make it more appealing to play a different sport for pro options.

                MLB has just recently seen an influx in young stars that fans can relate to and want to see perform.
                They are crapping the bed and going to cost themselves cheap talent.

                Comment


                • Comment


                  • Comment


                    • Stanford Study Shows Low Prevalence Of COVID-19 Among MLB Employees
                      https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...employees.html

                      Comment


                      • Comment


                        • Originally posted by balero View Post
                          They done gone and lost their mother****ing minds lol

                          Comment


                          • 2021 World Baseball Classic Reportedly Canceled
                            https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...-canceled.html

                            Comment


                            • Comment


                              • Comment

                                Working...
                                X