General Baseball - 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• There's a give and take with this situation.

Getting the players to leave their families to a major hurdle to cross, but at the same time, playing baseball is their passion, gives them a purpose and is what they enjoy doing the most outside of their family life. So, there is two sides to this.

MLBPA and MLB already have agreed upon paternity leave for several years. It sounds like there are going to be expanded 28-man rosters for these extraordinary circumstances anyway, so I think the MLBPA and owners will agree upon some lax allowances for players that request leave.

Agents already negotiate use of the owner's private jets into player contracts, so I don't see why Wheeler can't be accommodated to be there for his wife.

There is a path to play baseball if the environment is suitable and safe for play.

The Chinese Professional Baseball League in Taiwan held its opening day today. This is what MLB is looking at as a model to play in case circumstances allow for it.

Comment

• Comment

• The players want paychecks they will ****in' play in Antarctica if necessary... they aint walking away from millions...

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• My grades for the 2020 Tampa Bay Rays:

Starting pitching: A-
                Bullpen: A-
                Catcher: C
                Infield: B
                Outfield: B
                Farm system: A
                Last edited by balero; 04-13-2020, 11:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by balero View Post
                  The Grapefruit League has eight of the top ten teams in baseball IMO. As a Braves fan I will be pretty pissed playing in that division. Rays, Braves, Twins and Redsox all in the same division? Also the Nationals, Astros and Cardinals division is brutal.

Comment

• HardballTalk: Hank Steinbrenner dies
                    https://mlb.nbcsports.com/2020/04/14...nbrenner-dies/

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Finger Roll View Post

The Grapefruit League has eight of the top ten teams in baseball IMO. As a Braves fan I will be pretty pissed playing in that division. Rays, Braves, Twins and Redsox all in the same division? Also the Nationals, Astros and Cardinals division is brutal.
                        The spring training geographical alignments are definitely inequitable. Meanwhile, the Cactus League Northwest will give severely flawed teams like the Rangers, Mariners and Royals hope to win a division.

Comment

• Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy.gif
Views:	22
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	2607038

Comment

Wow, just...wow

Comment

Adrenaline junkie. Sad legacy to leave behind, sounds like he had some demons.

Comment

Working...
                                X