Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

General Baseball - 2020

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by balero View Post

    I totally agree.

    (Joe) Tinker to (Johnny) Evers to (Frank) Chance are all in the Hall. It is the Hall of "Fame".

    There's probably not a more iconic dynasty in baseball than "The Boys of Summer", "The Bums", and the Amazin' Mets are one of the most iconic single-season teams.

    I don't think Hodges' inclusion would lessen the HOF at all.

    But if you dive down deep into the stat analysis, the biggest knock on Hodges is he benefitted from hitting at Ebbets Field. Jay Jaffe in that book ranks Hodges as the 35th best first baseman of all-time.
    I'm obviously biased but in what world is Baines (whom I like and admire) a hall of famer while Keith Hernandez and Andruw Jones don't event get close?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by TD4HOF View Post

      I'm obviously biased but in what world is Baines (whom I like and admire) a hall of famer while Keith Hernandez and Andruw Jones don't event get close?
      Tony LaRussa and Jerry Reinsdorf were on the voting committee stumping for Baines.

      The Veterans Committee has been there to right some of the injustices and overlooked players from the writers' ballots, but because the electorate is much smaller and done in a small room, cronyism has entered the process at times.

      In the 1970s, Frankie Frisch and Bill Terry stocked the Hall with a bunch of their old buddies through the Veterans Committee door.

      Comment


      • Comment





        • Comment


          • MLB Has Discussed Realignment For 2020 Season
            https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...ronavirus.html

            Comment


            • Comment


              • Interesting. Might not be the worst thing either.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
                  Interesting. Might not be the worst thing either.
                  2020 baseball > no baseball

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by balero View Post

                    2020 baseball > no baseball
                    I just want the Yankees to win the WS and if not them then the Dodgers.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

                      I just want the Yankees to win the WS and if not them then the Dodgers.
                      I could live with the Dodgers winning, but not the skanks.

                      LGM

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by gob1gred View Post

                        I could live with the Dodgers winning, but not the skanks.

                        LGM
                        The Yanks were robbed and we are due.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by balero View Post
                          F yeah!! Turn a negative into a fun positive for just one year. We all would never forget it and it would juice the season. I’m in!
                          And my parents live in Phoenix area, so I would go to a bunch of games.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by socalorado View Post
                            And my parents live in Phoenix area, so I would go to a bunch of games.
                            Unfortunately for now, the proposed Arizona and Florida plan looks like the games will be played in empty ballparks without fans. MLB will make money off the television revenue.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by balero View Post

                              Unfortunately for now, the proposed Arizona and Florida plan looks like the games will be played in empty ballparks without fans. MLB will make money off the television revenue.
                              Still worth it and I like the idea. It will make for an absolutely exciting season and it’s just for one year. I say let’s do it.

                              Comment


                              • I'd love to see it but the logistics are staggering. Don't see it happening. I feel they may play a lightning round 6, 8 weeks in Sept/Oct to empty stadiums. Perhaps divisional games only.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X