General Baseball - 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

MLB needs to completely redo the list of HOF voters. It's a power trip for some of these old bastards. Derek Jeter is obviously not the greatest player of all time. But whomever didn't vote for him should be outed, and forced to give justification for his vote.

Comment

Originally posted by DomCasual View Post
        MLB needs to completely redo the list of HOF voters. It's a power trip for some of these old bastards. Derek Jeter is obviously not the greatest player of all time. But whomever didn't vote for him should be outed, and forced to give justification for his vote.
        I'm pretty sure the coward chose the private option.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by balero View Post

I'm pretty sure the coward chose the private option.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he doesn't want the kind of heat this would bring. He had to mark it as private when he voted, though. I'm hoping he assumed he wouldn't be the only one, and was interested in the notoriety it might bring.

The process needs negative attention. Vote for the players you think are Hall of Famers. Don't get cute and decide you're a Cooperstown god, that should decide stuff like, "He deserves to get in, but not until his 7th try." It's bad enough that the criteria some of these older voters are using is completely antiquated. It's worse that some of them don't actually watch baseball, anymore.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DomCasual View Post

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he doesn't want the kind of heat this would bring. He had to mark it as private when he voted, though. I'm hoping he assumed he wouldn't be the only one, and was interested in the notoriety it might bring.

The process needs negative attention. Vote for the players you think are Hall of Famers. Don't get cute and decide you're a Cooperstown god, that should decide stuff like, "He deserves to get in, but not until his 7th try." It's bad enough that the criteria some of these older voters are using is completely antiquated. It's worse that some of them don't actually watch baseball, anymore.
                  There's no doubt in my mind there's some personal agenda behind this no vote.

There are people out there that think Derek Jeter was overrated based on the amount of attention he got, and there's some truth to that.

But there's no denying he was a shoo in Hall of Famer by any measure. There's no valid argument for not voting for him.

Comment

Comment

That's flat out ridiculous that Jeter wasn't unanimous.

Comment

Comment

Mets To Name Luis Rojas Manager
                          https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...s-manager.html

Comment

Originally posted by balero View Post
                            Pretty much the most Braves deal ever.

Comment

Originally posted by v2micca View Post

Pretty much the most Braves deal ever.
                              Here’s a reason to be optimistic:

Comment

Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
                                That's flat out ridiculous that Jeter wasn't unanimous.
                                Rumors swirling about the guy who didn’t vote for Jeter......
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy.gif
Views:	26
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	2560705

Comment

Working...
                                X