No announcement yet.

General Baseball - 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wanna see this new format. The fun will be epic.

Comment

• Originally posted by socalorado View Post

Arte needs to make this happen.
      He salty as hell about the hold up.

Comment

• Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

He salty as hell about the hold up.
        Drink a margarita and make this happen, Arte. Halo's need another monster hitter in the line up.

Comment

• Originally posted by socalorado View Post

Drink a margarita and make this happen, Arte. Halo's need another monster hitter in the line up.
          When presented with a hitter like Joc for a salary dump, you wait and take the player.

Comment

• Spring training in Japan

Comment

• Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post

I'm curious to see what happens with this.
              Bolsinger has a good case for the "halo effect" putting him out of favor forever in the majors.

I think it will be a difficult case to win though since he holds a 79 career ERA+, a career 1.51 WHIP and had a 1.44 K/BB ratio in his final season.

Comment

I wanna see this new format. The fun will be epic.
                The hardcore baseball fans and purists hate it because it cheapens the regular season.

But the thing is baseball is not a follow the whole league kind of sport like the NFL and NBA are.

Your favorite team is 20 games out of first place in August, you check out. It's simple as that.

There has been too many tanking teams and unwatchable clubs that are an embarrassment to the highest level of sport.

But I really love the aspect of the higher seeds disrespecting their opponent to start off the playoffs. That will make for some fun conversation and create tension.

Comment

• Originally posted by balero View Post

The hardcore baseball fans and purists hate it because it cheapens the regular season.

But the thing is baseball is not a follow the whole league kind of sport like the NFL and NBA are.

Your favorite team is 20 games out of first place in August, you check out. It's simple as that.

There has been too many tanking teams and unwatchable clubs that are an embarrassment to the highest level of sport.

But I really love the aspect of the higher seeds disrespecting their opponent to start off the playoffs. That will make for some fun conversation and create tension.
                  Oh yes indeed.

Comment

• Cubs Still Discussing Kris Bryant Trade Scenarios
                    https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...scenarios.html

Comment

When presented with a hitter like Joc for a salary dump, you wait and take the player.
                      No, no, no. This is ANA, man. Arte will F that up somehow. Can’t let that happen. Just make the trade and get him.

Comment

Cubs Still Discussing Kris Bryant Trade Scenarios
                        They have to trade him cause of the bad blood. ****, if I was the Dodgers, I'd go all the way in and snag Bryant. Build a ****ing super team and dare others to cheat their way into beating us.

Comment

Cubs Still Discussing Kris Bryant Trade Scenarios
                          They know they can't sign him to an extension. They also know that this will be the last year they can demand a massive bounty of prospects in return for his two remaining years of control. Even if he has a good 2020, teams aren't going to be willing to give up as much for only a single year of his services. And he will only be worth a compensation pick after that.

Comment

• So apparently nearly 1/3 of MLB complained to MLB about the Astros and the MLB powers that be did nothing until Mike Fiers went public...

Comment

• Mike Clevinger To Undergo Knee Surgery
                              https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...y-indians.html

Comment

• HardballTalk: Alex Verdugo could miss the start of the season https://mlb.nbcsports.com/2020/02/14...of-the-season/

Comment

Working...
                                X