• Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by balero View Post
      That's just embarrassing.

Comment

• Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

That's just embarrassing.
        He's 100% correct. The trade NEEDS to be cancelled, for several reasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beantown Bronco View Post

He's 100% correct. The trade NEEDS to be cancelled, for several reasons.
          I know. It literally makes no sense to lose Mookie. That's akin to the Angels trading Trout.

Comment

• Comment

Oakland and Tampa are two of the most frustrating cities I have ever seen with getting new stadiums for baseball teams.

Comment

• Hilarious interview on the Dan Lebatard Show about Julio Franco a few years ago.

The Tim Kirkjian interviews are the best.

He swings the biggest bat I have ever seen.

Comment

Oakland and Tampa are two of the most frustrating cities I have ever seen with getting new stadiums for baseball teams.
                  Oakland doesn't do it for any teams. Hence, the Las Vegas Raiders.

Comment

I know. It literally makes no sense to lose Mookie. That's akin to the Angels trading Trout.
                    Or the Rockies trading Arenado.

Comment

• *spends 100s of dollars at McDonald's*

Sees a fresh London Broil for 100 bucks.

"Nah."

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoblood32 View Post

Oakland doesn't do it for any teams. Hence, the Las Vegas Raiders.
                        Rumors of the A's going to Vegas strong. It's only a matter of time now.
                        That "A" will be an "Ace", soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by socalorado View Post

Or the Rockies trading Arenado.
                          That franchise is a damn disgrace, it's expected of them.

Comment

That franchise is a damn disgrace, it's expected of them.
                            Mike Schmidt says Arenado is the greatest 3rd basemen to ever play, and the Rockies entertain trading him. The GM should be taken out to the parking lot and shot.

Comment

I remember when MLB expanded in '93 and '98, the Florida markets were the top priority. In '93 specifically, it was always, "Miami is the slam dunk market. The other market will be more of a crapshoot." That first year, the Marlins barely snuck over 3 million in attendance for the year, and they've never gotten even close to that since (despite winning two World Series, and getting a new ballpark). The Rockies set that record of almost 4.5 million the first year (a record that will never be broken), playing in a completely crappy stadium (for baseball, anyway). And the worst year for attendance in franchise history (2005, with just under 2 million) would rank as the 4th best in Marlins history, and the 2nd best in Rays history (they drew 2.5 million their first year).

I also remember growing up when twice there were rumors that the A's would be relocating to Denver, and once that the Giants would be moving there. At one point, the Denver Post and Rocky Mountain News reported that the late 70's A's deal and the mid-80's Giants deals were all but done. (Can you imagine the Colorado Giants?) Things have obviously turned out fine for the Giants. But by comparison, Denver ended up holding up pretty well versus Oakland and the Florida markets. And Oakland is still playing in a dump.

It's why I have unconditional love for the Rockies. I so wanted a baseball team, all through my childhood. I will never forget July 5th, 1991, when MLB awarded us a franchise. I'll never forget the rumors about the team name, and the team colors - hanging on every new rumor. I'll never forget the first amateur draft, studying the players that we chose; and the expansion draft, knowing that a lot of those guys were going to be actual Rockies (I was convinced Charlie Hayes was destined for the Hall of Fame). I'll never forget that '93 season, thinking with every new series, "I can't believe the (insert team name here) are playing against a team from Denver. I just can't believe it."

As much as a clown show the Monforts have turned into (at least as it pertains to the product they've put on the field), I still love the Rockies.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X