So how does KC lose this weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
    let's ignore that andy reid has 21 seasons as an NFL head coach and not 1 single SB victory
    It's an easy fact to ignore. It doesn't mean anything. A World Championship is a very special, very rare accomplishment. Reid's talent has helped contribute to take him to two. One as a QB Guru (coach) another as a HC.

Reid is the most qualified, most experienced, and most dangerous coach left in contention right now. I'm sorry but out of Reid, Vrabel, Shanahan, LaFleur; Reid stands out among them all.

Comment

Few thoughts. Henry has to physically punish the Chefs to have a shot and take some chances in the second half.

The Titans need to have manageable 3rd downs where they can run and pass - and convert. RT can take som shots down field and gain some chunks in the second half of the Titans are successful ruining and converting in the first half. Andy is going to load up the box and make RT beat him all game. Titans have to impose brutality and physicality on the Chefs, man up so to speak.

I like Verbal in this game over Andy. You have to imagine BB is in Verbals ear earlier this week helping an old friend. I know it sounds cheesy but this is the game Verbal leans on BB a bit.

I don’t think it’s going to be a fluke play or special teams TD that wins this, just a pure football game. Overall the edge has to go to the Chefs but the Titans have a punching chance if they can land a few run punches early and often. If they “win” the first quarter and set the tone it could be their game.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Horsemen View Post
        Few thoughts. Henry has to physically punish the Chefs to have a shot and take some chances in the second half.

The Titans need to have manageable 3rd downs where they can run and pass - and convert. RT can take som shots down field and gain some chunks in the second half of the Titans are successful ruining and converting in the first half. Andy is going to load up the box and make RT beat him all game. Titans have to impose brutality and physicality on the Chefs, man up so to speak.

I like Verbal in this game over Andy. You have to imagine BB is in Verbals ear earlier this week helping an old friend. I know it sounds cheesy but this is the game Verbal leans on BB a bit.

I don’t think it’s going to be a fluke play or special teams TD that wins this, just a pure football game. Overall the edge has to go to the Chefs but the Titans have a punching chance if they can land a few run punches early and often. If they “win” the first quarter and set the tone it could be their game.

After pissing BB off with a taste of his own medicine, I doubt BB gave him any advice. BB isn’t the type to mentor or help you when you’re no longer on his team.

Comment

Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
          let's ignore that andy reid has 21 seasons as an NFL head coach and not 1 single SB victory
          How many decades did the Broncos exist before winning a championship? How many years did it take Elway?

But yes, Chef....keep thinking that he’ll have the same luck with Mahomes as Alex Smith. You should probably bet your house on it.
          Last edited by RockyMountainOyster; 01-17-2020, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RockyMountainOyster View Post

Yes, let's ignore that 51-7 run in 2.5 quarters and focus on the mistakes of the first quarter. Let's also ignore the fact that KC is better than Tennessee on both sides of the ball and playing at home.

I hope you bet a huge sum on this one.

That 51-7 run was kick started and fueled by atrocious football by the Texans. Penalty after penalty, missed defensive assignments all over the place. It was some of the worst football i've seen this year. Also, Chiefs realized that JJ Watt with his injury simply wasn't himself and started blocking him one on one. Texans played like it was a preseason game.

Comment

KC celebrated their big win of the season last week.

Comment

The Titans v. Chiefs game will come down to really two things.

1) Can the Titans defense keep playing excellent in the redzone to prevent passing touchdowns.

2) Which team will win the turnover/penalties battle.

Titans running all over the Chiefs is more or less a given with Chris Jones on the DNP list. That #55 Clark guy is pretty damn good as well, but he's only 1 guy and if Taylor Lewan wins that battle, the Titans offense will more or less dominate.

Comment

Originally posted by peacepipe View Post

After pissing BB off with a taste of his own medicine, I doubt BB gave him any advice. BB isn’t the type to mentor or help you when you’re no longer on his team.
                  I understand your point but things are usually a little different behind the curtains. This isn’t his coordinator of 2 years, it’s a guy that played almost a decade for him and worked his way up to become an NFL coach. I’m pretty sure they have had an in depth convo about the upcoming game this week. It’s only natural.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Horsemen View Post
                    I understand your point but things are usually a little different behind the curtains. This isn’t his coordinator of 2 years, it’s a guy that played almost a decade for him and worked his way up to become an NFL coach. I’m pretty sure they have had an in depth convo about the upcoming game this week. It’s only natural.
                    With most coaches I'd guess you are right. Belichick doesn't seem to be wired that way though. He really doesn't seem to care about anything but himself and his on win/loss record as far as I can tell.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Horsemen View Post
                      It’s Natural to think they would have talked but it’s more likely Vrabel talked to Indy coaches & Houston coaches. They did beat the Chiefs.

Comment

• Kc is going to lose in the super bowl which I might enjoy even more honestly

Comment

• Originally posted by Willynowei View Post

That 51-7 run was kick started and fueled by atrocious football by the Texans. Penalty after penalty, missed defensive assignments all over the place. It was some of the worst football i've seen this year. Also, Chiefs realized that JJ Watt with his injury simply wasn't himself and started blocking him one on one. Texans played like it was a preseason game.
                          And yet, despite these mistakes, KC somehow finished with 100 fewer yards than vs Tennessee in Nashville. But hey, bet the farm on that disciplined D.

This reminds me of when all the talking heads predicted Larry Johnson would dominate the historically bad Colts' run D in the 06 playoffs. They dig for a narrative to get people interested in a mismatch, and suckers like you take that narrative straight to your bookie. Hahaha....

Comment

• Originally posted by Willynowei View Post
                            The Titans v. Chiefs game will come down to really two things.

1) Can the Titans defense keep playing excellent in the redzone to prevent passing touchdowns.

2) Which team will win the turnover/penalties battle.

Titans running all over the Chiefs is more or less a given with Chris Jones on the DNP list. That #55 Clark guy is pretty damn good as well, but he's only 1 guy and if Taylor Lewan wins that battle, the Titans offense will more or less dominate.
                            Firstly, Jones practiced today. There's a pretty good chance he'll play. Secondly, you think Jones is the key to containing the run? Ha. You apparently know nothing about the personnel. Run-stuffing is far from his strength. The key players in stuffing the run will be Pennel, Suggs, Nnadi, Saunders and Ragland.

Comment

• Originally posted by RockyMountainOyster View Post

Firstly, Jones practiced today. There's a pretty good chance he'll play. Secondly, you think Jones is the key to containing the run? Ha. You apparently know nothing about the personnel. Run-stuffing is far from his strength. The key players in stuffing the run will be Pennel, Suggs, Nnadi, Saunders and Ragland.
                              Ragland is a liability in all areas except stopping the run right up the middle. If I was Ten I'd do a lot of play action with Henry and then quick throws over the middle to TEs or WRs. Again, just keep moving the ball down the field, convert on third downs, and when in the redzone pound Henry up the middle for the TD. All the while, keeping Mahomes on the sidelines...

Comment

• The one apit where Titans are much better in is in game coaching Vrabel/Pees vs Reid. Vrabel has coached like the new age Belicheck.

Comment

Working...
                                X