So how does KC lose this weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RockyMountainOyster View Post

Titans don't score fast enough to have a shootout like that.

And playing without Jones won't render KC's defense worthless. They did fairly well vs a more explosive Houston offense. The defense really only allowed 17 points.
    I meant the Colts game this season. When they just ground KC down and owned the ball for 37 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by 2KBack View Post

I meant the Colts game this season. When they just ground KC down and owned the ball for 37 minutes.
      Never know, but KC's defense has gotten much better since then. Although no one wants to acknowledge it, teams haven't been gashing them on the ground like they did in the first 6 weeks. And it was KC that dominated TOP in their last meeting.

Comment

The Titans have one of the worst Red Zone defenses in the league. They were almost dead last before this last game. I remember hearing that stat in their last playoff game, and I just looked it up. They allowed opposing teams to convert on 63% of their trips to the end zone. Good for 28th out of 32 teams. So they've moved up a couple notches during the playoffs. But that's still terrible. I can't see Tennessee pulling this one out. But stranger things have happened.

Although strangely enough, if you look at the last 3 games they played, they only allowed 44%. And if you look at the last game, only 25%. Somehow they're getting better every game they play!! Did someone come back from injury?? Just weird. Check it out:

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/sta...ne-scoring-pct

Comment

Originally posted by Black96WS6 View Post
          The Titans have one of the worst Red Zone defenses in the league. They were almost dead last before this last game. I remember hearing that stat in their last playoff game, and I just looked it up. They allowed opposing teams to convert on 63% of their trips to the end zone. Good for 28th out of 32 teams. So they've moved up a couple notches during the playoffs. But that's still terrible. I can't see Tennessee pulling this one out. But stranger things have happened.

Although strangely enough, if you look at the last 3 games they played, they only allowed 44%. And if you look at the last game, only 25%. Somehow they're getting better every game they play!! Did someone come back from injury?? Just weird. Check it out:

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/sta...ne-scoring-pct
          How is that possible? Because they also rank low in total yards allowed, yet they allow less than 21 ppg. People keep describing them as a classic bend but don't break D.

Comment

Originally posted by RockyMountainOyster View Post

How is that possible? Because they also rank low in total yards allowed, yet they allow less than 21 ppg. People keep describing them as a classic bend but don't break D.
            not too bendy either.
            yardage/ schmardage, I always say.
            Being the boss in the red zone shows a greater correlation to positive outcome.

Comment

I see a terrible matchup for the Chiefs.

This Chiefs offense is the most explosive Chiefs offense ever, but it is far from the scariest or the best they have fielded. I would take the Trent Green, Tony Gonzales and Priest Holmes Chiefs offense over this offense any day of the week (even though Priest Holmes was overrated as hell running behind that line).

Offenses in football are not measured by "explosiveness" because style points are worthless in the NFL. Offenses are measured by possessions, period. 1 play touchdown drives are actually worse than 10 play drives (unless you are behind and running out of time). The Chiefs from the early 2000s had the greatest O-line I have ever seen. I saw Brian Waters carry Ray Lewis down the field like a rag doll, Lewis was covered in blood after that block, and Waters wasn't even the most decorated lineman on that line, which is just crazy. That Chiefs Offense scored with regularity and consistency.

This Chiefs offense is far more explosive at the wideout position and has a better quarterback, but the overall offense is not nearly as consistent. This Chiefs team played the Titans when the Titans had half their defense injured and still lost (missed opportunities, penalties, mistakes). These mistakes are not things you ignore and say "next time we will do better". Disciplined football is exactly how you win championships, its how the Patriots did it over and over again. This Titans team is healthy, disciplined and built to frustrate offenses and grind out the clock. They are exactly the type of team that frustrates explosive offenses that make mistakes. If the Chiefs were such a consistent offense they never would've been down 24-0 against the Texans. Chiefs should be scared, very scared.

Comment

Originally posted by Willynowei View Post

This Chiefs offense is the most explosive Chiefs offense ever, but it is far from the scariest or the best they have fielded. I would take the Trent Green, Tony Gonzales and Priest Holmes Chiefs offense over this offense any day of the week (even though Priest Holmes was overrated as hell running behind that line).

Offenses in football are not measured by "explosiveness" because style points are worthless in the NFL. Offenses are measured by possessions, period. 1 play touchdown drives are actually worse than 10 play drives (unless you are behind and running out of time). The Chiefs from the early 2000s had the greatest O-line I have ever seen. I saw Brian Waters carry Ray Lewis down the field like a rag doll, Lewis was covered in blood after that block, and Waters wasn't even the most decorated lineman on that line, which is just crazy. That Chiefs Offense scored with regularity and consistency.

This Chiefs offense is far more explosive at the wideout position and has a better quarterback, but not nearly as consistent. This Chiefs team played the Titans when the Titans had half their defense injured and still lost (missed opportunities, penalties, mistakes). These mistakes are not things you ignore and say "next time we will do better". Disciplined football is exactly how you win championships, its how the Patriots did it over and over again. This Titans team is healthy, disciplined and built to frustrate offenses and grind out the clock. They are exactly the type of team that frustrates explosive offenses that make mistakes. If the Chiefs were such a consistent offense they never would've been down 24-0 against the Texans. Chiefs should be scared, very scared.
                in other words... priest holmes, no andy.

Comment

This Chiefs offense is far more explosive at the wideout position and has a better quarterback, but the overall offense is not nearly as consistent. This Chiefs team played the Titans when the Titans had half their defense injured and still lost (missed opportunities, penalties, mistakes). These mistakes are not things you ignore and say "next time we will do better". Disciplined football is exactly how you win championships, its how the Patriots did it over and over again. This Titans team is healthy, disciplined and built to frustrate offenses and grind out the clock. They are exactly the type of team that frustrates explosive offenses that make mistakes. If the Chiefs were such a consistent offense they never would've been down 24-0 against the Texans. Chiefs should be scared, very scared.
                  you clearly haven't read anything in this thread.

Comment

it is the 40/ 40 game.
                    mahomes is targeting 40 pass attempts
                    HENRY is targeting 40 rush attempts.
                    special teams and turnovers will dictate the winner.

(and of course, the magic stat )

Comment

Originally posted by Zerovoltz View Post

you clearly haven't read anything in this thread.
                      Nothing in this thread changes my mind.

KC is penalty prone and mistake prone, that is their identity. Titans are disciplined and consistent, that is their identity. I know which one I have money on for this game.

Comment

Chefs should murder them. I'm bummed because I don't see how they aren't going to the Super Bowl. Just a cupcake path. Only bright light is that if they do indeed blow it, it will be glorious. Hopefully they come out with sphincters tight. Pressures on them.

Comment

All the other nonsense aside, a bad matchup for the Chiefs would be a team with not just a good running game, but a dynamic QB and a good secondary. Houston had 2 of the 3 and got rolled, even with a ridiculous head start. Tennessee has one of the three. Good luck with that. Chiefs are a terrible matchup for the Titans. Their only hope is to dominate TOP, which they were unable to do in the first matchup against a weaker D-line than the one they'll see Sunday.

Comment

Nothing in this thread changes my mind.

KC is penalty prone and mistake prone, that is their identity. Titans are disciplined and consistent, that is their identity. I know which one I have money on for this game.
                            Would you care to wager with me on this game?

Comment

Originally posted by Zerovoltz View Post

Would you care to wager with me on this game?
                              I think i'll just put it on the 7 point spread instead although I'm happy to necro the thread later.

Comment

I think i'll just put it on the 7 point spread instead although I'm happy to necro the thread later.
                                Its probably at least 7.5. That being said I'd try and watch the last game and tell yourself Tennessee matches up well with them before betting on them.

Comment

Working...
                                X