LSU versus Clemson for the BCS Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by v2micca View Post

Joe Burrow is a legit talent at QB. But it does same something for the program that he has been the only QB more effective than Zach Mettenberger to come out of LSU in the past decade.
    That they suck as developing QB's and only through getting transfers can they put guys into the NFL. In fairness though, their offenses before this year were way too I-form run run pass in nature.

Comment

• Burrow is a good QB but I was most impressed by that O-line. He isn't getting that level of protection on any team in the NFL

Comment

• Originally posted by kappys View Post
        Burrow is a good QB but I was most impressed by that O-line. He isn't getting that level of protection on any team in the NFL
        He didn't get a ton of protection last night either.

Comment

Burrow is a good QB but I was most impressed by that O-line. He isn't getting that level of protection on any team in the NFL
          Cincy has 2 solid players on their OL in Glenn and Price, they need to upgrade other parts of it but if they draft well enough they can give him a nice OL. The issue with Cincy is that they have no weapons outside of Boyd and Mixon. Ross never stays healthy. You need massive depth and talent at WR and at TE.

Murray was behind one of the best OL in the country last season, the Cards have a horrendous line but he still showed out during his rookie season.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmz313 View Post

He didn't get a ton of protection last night either.
            Seemed like Clemson had to blitz to get pressure and he definitely recognized it and got rid of the ball when they did.

I didnt watch all that closely last night though because I was working on a project

Comment

Seemed like Clemson had to blitz to get pressure and he definitely recognized it and got rid of the ball when they did.

I didnt watch all that closely last night though because I was working on a project
              Im sure they blitz'd plenty. with the 3 man front and so many guys standing it was hard to tell how often they were blitzes vs Oline missing the 4th rusher. in real time on TV anyway. Burrow did well handling it but it was dicey in the first 10 min for LSU fans.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by TonyR View Post
                    What offense are they running there?

Comment

• Burrow was essentially a ‘volunteer’ pro this year. Just a few online classes and the rest of his time at the facilities. He had a great opportunity to be singularly focused.

Comment

• Man Burrow might have more swag than Lock. I've never seen a college team smoking cigars in the lockerroom ever.

Click image for larger version

Name:	EOP6Lv6WkAE8e8E?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	2558812

Comment

• Originally posted by GoneFishin' View Post
                          Comes across a little too smug here for my liking, but as long as he backs it up I guess it will work.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyR View Post

Comes across a little too smug here for my liking, but as long as he backs it up I guess it will work.
                            Beats 5 top ten teams, goes undefeated, throws 60 TDs, has the greatest season by a college QB ever and Tony complains he comes across smug when he finally gets to celebrate.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	1Rxg.gif
Views:	22
Size:	949.6 KB
ID:	2558829

Comment

• Originally posted by socalorado View Post

Beats 5 top ten teams, goes undefeated, throws 60 TDs, has the greatest season by a college QB ever and Tony complains he comes across smug when he finally gets to celebrate.
                              It's not a "complaint", it's an observation. I personally would prefer to see some humbleness from a college kid. Compare and contrast Lock and Mayfield, for example. Which guy comes across as more likable? Pretty easy question to answer, really.

Comment

Working...
                              X