Who you got in the Super Bowl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who you got in the Super Bowl?

I've got Titans-49ers. I don't think anyone can stop Derrick Henry, and they already beat the Chefs once. Niners look to me like the most complete team, and I've got them edging the Titans, but I think it will be a great matchup. Will be exciting to have two teams that almost nobody predicted at the beginning of the year.

Who you got?
    Titans-49ers
    25.93%
    Chiefs-49ers
    61.11%
    Titans-Packers
    1.85%
    Chiefs-Packers
    11.11%

9ers best defense and run game left to represent the NFC.

"iron sharpens iron" the path the Titans have been on taking down all forms of foe...
    If they impose their will with their commitment to the non-pass they can keep mahomes on the sideline
    and win the game.

Comment

RMO has voting privledges ?

Comment

Ive had chiefs v packers since week 16... gotta stick with it even though the Vikings messed up the NFC side on me.

Comment

Hoping for Titans 49ers

Think it will be

Chiefs 49ers

Hope to God it is not...

Chiefs Packers..... and it bothers me to know how much the NFL would want that match up.

Have you noticed how virtually every year the NFL gets their lost marketable QB matchup?

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoblood32 View Post
            Hoping for Titans 49ers

Think it will be

Chiefs 49ers

Hope to God it is not...

Chiefs Packers..... and it bothers me to know how much the NFL would want that match up.

Have you noticed how virtually every year the NFL gets their lost marketable QB matchup?
            Ditto all that, I prefer a Titans/49ers game, I still like smash mouth. But I think the Tenn run comes to an end this weekend at KC. And yes, for the 100th season the NFL would love a SB 1 rematch.

Comment

I picked who I rather see. Titans vs Packers.

Comment

KC and GB. The two best QBs left. QB centric teams vs well rounded teams.

Comment

Hoping for Titans 49ers

Think it will be

Chiefs 49ers

Hope to God it is not...

Heh, that reminds me. I have a friend that is primarily a Bears fan, but is just an NFL fan in general and he was genuinely offended that we weren't getting Patrick MaHomes vs Lamar Jackson in the AFC championship. It was hysterical. The way he was going off on the Titans and Ryan Tannehill, it was like they had personally exhumed his mothers grave and pissed on her corpse. He was that mad.

Comment

Queefs Niners for a pretty good SB and this place will need to prep for all the mullet heads.

Comment

Originally posted by v2micca View Post

Heh, that reminds me. I have a friend that is primarily a Bears fan, but is just an NFL fan in general and he was genuinely offended that we weren't getting Patrick MaHomes vs Lamar Jackson in the AFC championship. It was hysterical. The way he was going off on the Titans and Ryan Tannehill, it was like they had personally exhumed his mothers grave and pissed on her corpse. He was that mad.
                      That's cause Lamar has not shown to be a playoff caliber QB. Maybe next year in the meantime Mahommes will be to his 2nd AFCC game in 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by v2micca View Post

There are people, it seems, would rather the league "set it up" so that they do get their matchup.

There is a lot of evidence that supports that the league at the very least ATTEMPTS to get it so they do. It does not always work.

Example and when I really noticed it. In 2005, the Steelers were playing Colts in the Divisional round. There were simply things going on where penalties came out of nowhere several times against the Steelers. There was an int return at a crucial time of the game, the Steelers were returning it. Refs call a penalty on an illegal block. We never saw the illegal block. Announcers were confused.

There were other things. Steelers went on to win, but that was really the zenith of Manning's popularity. Clear MVP of the league, looked almost unstoppable. He was making that ratings meter move.

The Pats against the Jags were the only team in NFL history to not have one holding penalty called against them after 45 pass attempts. Had one penalty the whole game where the Jags and Bortles had half dozen and many at the most crucial time.

Yes, that is probably me being paranoid or whatever, but the ratings can cost the league MILLIONS. I will put it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by CEH View Post

That's cause Lamar has not shown to be a playoff caliber QB. Maybe next year in the meantime Mahommes will be to his 2nd AFCC game in 3 years.
                          You mean 2nd in 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
                            RMO has voting privledges ?
                            Unsure about that, but I do have voting privileges.

Comment

There are people, it seems, would rather the league "set it up" so that they do get their matchup.

There is a lot of evidence that supports that the league at the very least ATTEMPTS to get it so they do. It does not always work.

Example and when I really noticed it. In 2005, the Steelers were playing Colts in the Divisional round. There were simply things going on where penalties came out of nowhere several times against the Steelers. There was an int return at a crucial time of the game, the Steelers were returning it. Refs call a penalty on an illegal block. We never saw the illegal block. Announcers were confused.

There were other things. Steelers went on to win, but that was really the zenith of Manning's popularity. Clear MVP of the league, looked almost unstoppable. He was making that ratings meter move.

The Pats against the Jags were the only team in NFL history to not have one holding penalty called against them after 45 pass attempts. Had one penalty the whole game where the Jags and Bortles had half dozen and many at the most crucial time.

Yes, that is probably me being paranoid or whatever, but the ratings can cost the league MILLIONS. I will put it that way.

This doesn't make sense considering the contracts come up, and the networks write a big fat check to the leauge for a period of 4-5 years. The leauge gets paid up front. The Networks then have to go sell advertising over the course of the duration of the contract to make a profit on it. I am sure the leauge loves as high a rating as possible on a game by game basis, but when the next contract comes up, those bids come in on overall ratings projections etc. The issue for the leauge itself would be a downward year over year trend going into new TV contract negotiations.....swaying ONE game wouldn't seem to have a signifigant impact on the big picture.

...ok that said...

For you Titans people....who are praying and hoping like hell they keep KC out.....

New England gave up 14 points to those guys. Brady finally ran out of gas and couldn't put up 15, and threw that pick six to end the game to boot. the BRONCOS could have put 16 and won that game.

In the Baltimore Game....the Titans weren't exactly holding down the Ravens....they had 5 drives inside the 35 all end with 0 points due to turnovers, or being stopped on 4th and inches. They also had another 4th and inches stopped at their own 45, and another TO at their own 25 or so Tennessee took advantage of the Ravens crapping on themselves. I mentioned in here before.....Lamar Jackson has a QB rating of 60 when trailing by 2 scores. That proved out in this game as well. Once down, he couldn't do anything, and the Titans were able to salt it away.

In the meeting with KC earlier this year. Mahomes threw for over 400 yards....and not garbage yards, KC led until 30 seconds left in the game. KC also had TOP 37 to 23. For the Titans to win that game, KC had a fumble that they returned for a TD. They blocked a FG (man out special teams have been unusually bad this year) and we also bad snapped a FG. We lost by 3. With like 4 minutes left, KC had a 3rd and 3 that would have mostly wrapped it up...had a broken play. A LOT had to happen for KC to lose...just like A LOT had to happen for Baltimore to lose.

We aren't losing. Most of you realize that to your credit.

Pre season I picked KC- Packers SB...noted the marketing campaign even. I stand by it.

KC wins it all.

Comment

Working...
                              X