Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bill O'Brien really needs to be fired after that game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill O'Brien really needs to be fired after that game.

You have the Chiefs practically giving away the game to the Texans for the first quarter. Then, O'Brien makes a series of just baffling decisions to give the game right back. Then, the team appears to completely fall apart on him in the second half and every shot of him on the sideline show a man that is clueless about how to stop this train-wreck.

Yeah, he's gotta go. But for our sakes I hope he gets to stick around for a while.

Comment

Yeah, I don't think the Texans have a high enough standard to fire a head coach after a playoff loss, even if it's obvious the guy is bad.

Comment

When he was up 21-0 and had the chance to go for it on 4 and short and make it 28-0 he kicks the FG instead, right at that moment the momentum switched back to the chiefs.
        Also another WTF moment was the fake punt. That was a head scratching.
        The guy is leading by a comfortably margin and tries a fake punt
        on his own territory
        Kelce killed them, though. They couldn't stop him.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
          Yeah, I don't think the Texans have a high enough standard to fire a head coach after a playoff loss, even if it's obvious the guy is bad.
          They'll just hire Caserio in a VP role and tie themselves to BOB even longer.

Comment

When he had that chance to go for it on 4th and 1 from the 20, then allowed confusion to infect the offensive playcall, then called a time out, then changed to a FG, I knew it was over. He blinked. Instilled fear in the team. Chickened out (in the old parlance). Instead of the killer instinct, he began to shake. At that point, I took my dogs for a walk. By the time I got back, the Chiefs had scored 41 unanswered points. Compare that to Vrabel.

Comment

When Andy Reid outcoaches you in a playoff game, that’s pretty bad lol.

Comment

I wasn't that surprised about the FG that put them up by 24. The fake punt was a real head-scratcher though.

Maybe he realized just how badly outmatched his defense was.

Comment

Originally posted by strafen View Post
                  When he was up 21-0 and had the chance to go for it on 4 and short and make it 28-0 he kicks the FG instead, right at that moment the momentum switched back to the chiefs.
                  Also another WTF moment was the fake punt. That was a head scratching.
                  The guy is leading by a comfortably margin and tries a fake punt
                  on his own territory
                  Kelce killed them, though. They couldn't stop him.
                  I don't agree. They didn't lose any momentum by kicking a FG. If they had went for it on 4th down and didn't get it, THAT would be a huge momentum swing. It was the STUPID fake punt play deep in their own territory that changed the momentum in this game. But even then, it was just compounded by the fumbled kick the very next series.

Gotta play for 60 minutes as they say. Broncos were up big on the Vikings and found a way to blow it also. The Falcons did it in a Superbowl a few years ago. It happens.

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post

I don't agree. They didn't lose any momentum by kicking a FG. If they had went for it on 4th down and didn't get it, THAT would be a huge momentum swing. It was the STUPID fake punt play deep in their own territory that changed the momentum in this game. But even then, it was just compounded by the fumbled kick the very next series.

Gotta play for 60 minutes as they say. Broncos were up big on the Vikings and found a way to blow it also. The Falcons did it in a Superbowl a few years ago. It happens.
                    The fake punt was a total panic move. It was as dumb as it gets.

I didn't have a problem with the FG on fourth-and-1. But if you're going to attempt that boneheaded fake punt, you might as well go for the fourth-and-1. At least be smart and calculated about the risks you take.

Comment

The fake punt seemed like an Andy Reid type of call

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post

EXACTLY RIGHT ! Obrien handed the home team all the momentum when that fake FG failed, the cheifs fans and players were extatic and inspired and they never looked back.

Comment

watching that game was like going to the circus and the baboons break out in the middle of the trapeze act.

Comment

Originally posted by Mile High Salute View Post
                            When Andy Reid outcoaches you in a playoff game, that’s pretty bad lol.
                            Yup Reid already was making bad decisions like putting Hill on punt return when it was going to be a fair catch and no return anyway. The whole timeout then kick the FG was stupid. If kicking the FG just take the penalty. Fake punt was stupid too.

Comment

I turned off the game and the Texans were up 21-0.
                              I promise I'll watch the AFCCG all the way.
                              so far the only KC playoff games I haven't watched all the way were their only victories.
                              Either that streak ends next week, or it goes on like every single year since I was born.

Comment

Working...
                              X