No announcement yet.

Rams hire Broncos OLB Coach Brandon Staley as DC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chubb only played in 4 games. While he only had one sack, I thought he looked disruptive as hell and was primed for a big year whether the sacks came or not. I don’t know how he was graded out and I’m too lazy to look.

Comment

Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
      Considering how poorly (IMHO) both Chubb and Miller played this year I'm not disappointed by Staley leaving. I mean, really, how much better was Chubb this year?
      He tore his ACL 3 games in, and you can chalk up any poor play prior to that to learning Fangio system.

Comment

yes I'm aware of that but his second year was supposed to be his break out year, he was supposed to be the Broncos version of K. Mack and he had zero sacks in the 6 games he played. Zero.

And he had Miller on the other side...
        Chubb had a sack and didn't play in 6 games. He was easily the most disruptive player prior to going down.

Comment

OLB Coach is probably one of the easier jobs to fill on this team based on the talent already in place. I’d hire D.Ware, if he were interested.

Comment

Originally posted by qbronco View Post
            OLB Coach is probably one of the easier jobs to fill on this team based on the talent already in place. I’d hire D.Ware, if he were interested.
            Yes. This. Totally.

Comment

Considering how poorly (IMHO) both Chubb and Miller played this year I'm not disappointed by Staley leaving. I mean, really, how much better was Chubb this year?
              Except this is a totally different system. Poorly? I mean if you think sacks are the only stats that matter.

The OLB are asked to play much more sound fundamental football rather than recklessly pass rush like in prior systems.

Malik Reed and Attachou were we’re also standouts.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Action View Post

Except this is a totally different system. Poorly? I mean if you think sacks are the only stats that matter.

The OLB are asked to play much more sound fundamental football rather than recklessly pass rush like in prior systems.

Malik Reed and Attachou were we’re also standouts.
                  You ever heard of Khalil Mack?

Comment

Originally posted by peacepipe View Post

He tore his ACL 3 games in, and you can chalk up any poor play prior to that to learning Fangio system.
                    Ok, I thought he played more than that

Comment

You ever heard of Khalil Mack?
                      You ever watch football?

Mack had 0.5 more sacks playing in a better overall defense.

Mack is also notorious for disappearing in the 2nd half and blowing his load in the 1st quarter/half.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen-Shot-2020-01-11-at-11-55-39-AM.png
Views:	96
Size:	505.5 KB
ID:	2553580

Comment

Not saying Mack didn't have a better overall year, but sacks aren't the only stats that matter.

Not to mention the first quarter+ of the season teams were game planning to throw the ball within 2 seconds of the snap so there were almost no sack opps.

Comment

May the Mane continue to talk about coaches as if they control the players like they are a video game

may the mane forever ignore sample size and circumstance.

long live the mane

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post

May the Mane continue to talk about coaches as if they control the players like they are a video game

may the mane forever ignore sample size and circumstance.

long live the mane
                            All I'm saying is that Staley is replaceable

Comment

Surprising but people who follow D3 football rave about his coaching ability. Making the jump to Fangio’s staff from that level speaks volumes.

Comment

Working...
                              X