Rams hire Broncos OLB Coach Brandon Staley as DC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rams hire Broncos OLB Coach Brandon Staley as DC

This should be a thread, considering he could be bringing some guys with him.

Who exactly are you afraid he will bring with him?
    Von wants to be a Bronco for life, Chubb isn't a FA.
    Attaochou & Reed are likely staying here too.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Coyote View Post
      Who exactly are you afraid he will bring with him?
      Von wants to be a Bronco for life, Chubb isn't a FA.
      Attaochou & Reed are likely staying here too.
      Lol you think I’m talking about players?

Comment

Originally posted by Action View Post

Lol you think I’m talking about players?
        This should be a thread, considering he could be bringing some guys with him

?!?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by strafen View Post

?!?!?!
          I assume he means coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

I assume he means coaches.
            I’m not sure he knows what he meant.
            I guess is possible. However, he’s not being named a head coach. The rams should have assistants in place.

Comment

?!?!?!
              It’s common for a DC to come in and bring a couple guys with him if he chooses. Asking a DC to install a new system with coaches he’s never worked with isn’t exactly the best strategy.

Comment

I’m not sure he knows what he meant.
                I guess is possible. However, he’s not being named a head coach. The rams should have assistants in place.
                I meant coaches.

But I guess players is a legitimate thought too, as I would assume the DC would have influence in the type of personnel he wants on defense. And considering his HC is offensive minded, and has probably been hands off of defense his whole tenure (with wade).

With that being said losing coaches is a bigger concern than players in this scenario.
                Last edited by Action; 01-11-2020, 05:00 AM.

Comment

Elway & Fangio do not have to let assistant coaches go to other teams if they are under contract, and I would guess all the coaches that came in last year still are. Herring & Kollar were holdovers, so maybe their contracts are up—but don’t know—and Kollar has family in Colorado so he probably won’t want to leave. Not sure why any coach would want to leave for lateral position unless they have roots in the new area and/or are getting a substantial raise.

Comment

Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post
                    Elway & Fangio do not have to let assistant coaches go to other teams if they are under contract, and I would guess all the coaches that came in last year still are. Herring & Kollar were holdovers, so maybe their contracts are up—but don’t know—and Kollar has family in Colorado so he probably won’t want to leave. Not sure why any coach would want to leave for lateral position unless they have roots in the new area and/or are getting a substantial raise.
                    This.
                    I was about to post something similar.

Comment

Comment

Considering how poorly (IMHO) both Chubb and Miller played this year I'm not disappointed by Staley leaving. I mean, really, how much better was Chubb this year?

Comment

Would be a dick move if they didn’t allow him to get promoted. They won’t do that. Fangio I’m sure Is proud.

as far as taking some with him, the only openings I see are RB and ST for them? Not sure how they’ll approach the D coaches who are under contract with them

Comment

Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
                            Considering how poorly (IMHO) both Chubb and Miller played this year I'm not disappointed by Staley leaving. I mean, really, how much better was Chubb this year?
                            You are aware that Chubb got injured and missed 3/4 of the season, right?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post

You are aware that Chubb got injured and missed 3/4 of the season, right?
                              yes I'm aware of that but his second year was supposed to be his break out year, he was supposed to be the Broncos version of K. Mack and he had zero sacks in the 6 games he played. Zero.

And he had Miller on the other side...

Comment

Working...
                              X