Wade Phillips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2KBack View Post

That's been the assumption, but never substantiated. Either way it should have been better than our 2018 offense with Keenum, instead neither offense averaged more than 20PPG after taking out defensive scores. We seriously lost 10PPG offensively in one season with the exact same players.

Kubiak had Sanders, Thomas, CJ, Vernon Davis (2 seasons removed from the probowl), Owen Daniels. Even a busted Manning shouldn't have prevented the team from being at least in the top half of the league.

We'll see how it goes for Minnesota I guess. I'm actually rooting for them, I want a new champion, one who has never won before.
    You can plug the wrong QB in to a good system and make it a bad system. That's what 2015 was.

Gary should've deferred to Manning's Moore offense for one year, or at least when it was clear he didn't have the physical tools anymore to swing anything different.

Hell, Gary would've probably learned a few things in the process and become a better coach for it.

Comment

wade, gary, john, they would all be so much better if they just listened to the mane.

Comment

I've got nothing but love for Wade "son of bum" but his time is now past and that is completely fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

Who’s comparing them to Denver’s 2019 defense? To knock Wade? We lost multiple players between 2015-18. DWare was a massive loss that this fanbase severely underestimates..Obviously you ignored that by saying “only Sly” unless we’re only counting FAs. Point stands about losing talent

. If anything your point of not losing players is proving me right about Wades coaching. Not many players left? OK. I’ll agree then. Drop in production after Wade left? Yep. What did Wade do during that time? Went to a 4-12 team who instantly went to the playoffs, then followed by a SB while not allowing any offense to go over 23 points in the playoffs, and holding Belichick and Brady to 13 points.

the guy won us a SB and gets pissed on constantly by fans. Yet the clown who didn’t even want him in the first place gets praised.
          We lost Jackson too which hurt the DE depth, Ware was a huge loss. TJ Ward started declining too.

I appreciate all that Wade has done for the Broncos but would only bring him back in a consultant role and as someone else said I am not sure he is a great fit with Vic.

Vic's D are more reactive and Wade's were more all out attacking.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

You can plug the wrong QB in to a good system and make it a bad system. That's what 2015 was.

Gary should've deferred to Manning's Moore offense for one year, or at least when it was clear he didn't have the physical tools anymore to swing anything different.

Hell, Gary would've probably learned a few things in the process and become a better coach for it.
            Kubiak should of done exactly what he did, it resulted in a Superbowl win.

Comment

Originally posted by Powderaddict View Post

Kubiak should of done exactly what he did, it resulted in a Superbowl win.
              Gary's short-coming is his health.

Comment

Comment

WADE new HC in Houston ?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
                    That would actually be a good fit, and an uncharacteristically good move by the Browns.

Comment

browns, giants, texans, cowboys.

Comment

Working...
                      X