Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~Crash~
    replied
    McGovern is most likely staying.He should get paid IMO RG is where he should be Draft a Center.He will get around 10 million and he will be worth it.

Leave a comment:

• Agamemnon
    replied
    Originally posted by Aztec Bronco View Post
    McGovern reportedly was having a lot of trouble with snaps in training camp, to the point where I thought they needed to consider starting someone else just so every play wasn't potential disaster. When we got to the season, I don't remember it ever being an issue.
    Early on I remember some bad snaps. By the middle of the season the issues vanished.

Leave a comment:

• Aztec Bronco
    replied
    McGovern reportedly was having a lot of trouble with snaps in training camp, to the point where I thought they needed to consider starting someone else just so every play wasn't potential disaster. When we got to the season, I don't remember it ever being an issue.

Leave a comment:

• v2micca
    replied
    Originally posted by ZONA View Post

And Paradis can't play Guard in a pinch, he's too small. McGovern has more versatility, and as you mentioned, much higher durability. I have no idea what Hobo is talking about. I don't recall any horrid bad snaps from McGovern. I suppose every Center might have a few, but I certainly don't recall thinking to myself (as Hobo is) my god, how many bad snaps is this guy going to have. I also don't recall him getting pushed back often either. He gave up 2 sacks on the year, I'd say he doesn't have a problem with getting pushed back. And frankly, Centers don't really get pushed back much in general because teams aren't usually lining up right over the Center.
    I think he is referring more to McGovern's 2018 campaign at center, where he spelled Paradis for the final few weeks. It was a small sample size, but it wasn't pretty. He had several bad snaps during that period. With a full off-season and training camp under Munchak to acclimate at the position, he has managed to eliminate most of those issues.

I know a lot of 'maners think it is crazy that he will likely get land a $9+ million contract for pretty average play. But, he is young, durable, and his gametape shows his skill-set trending in the right direction. Teams will open their wallets based on his age and upside.

Leave a comment:

• ZONA
    replied
    Originally posted by v2micca View Post

I don't think anyone is saying $12 million/year. I think he will likely get about $9 million/year, which is about what Paradis got last year. Yes, Paradis is better, but McGovern is healthy. So, I think that is likely the price point. If the market goes silly (which does happen) He could go for over 10, at which point the Broncos should wish him the best and try to draft Biadasz.
    And Paradis can't play Guard in a pinch, he's too small. McGovern has more versatility, and as you mentioned, much higher durability. I have no idea what Hobo is talking about. I don't recall any horrid bad snaps from McGovern. I suppose every Center might have a few, but I certainly don't recall thinking to myself (as Hobo is) my god, how many bad snaps is this guy going to have. I also don't recall him getting pushed back often either. He gave up 2 sacks on the year, I'd say he doesn't have a problem with getting pushed back. And frankly, Centers don't really get pushed back much in general because teams aren't usually lining up right over the Center.

Leave a comment:

• v2micca
    replied
    Originally posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
    I don't get it. I mean I get that McGovern should get paid. McGovern wasn't the worst center in the league. But people are throwing around $10-$12 million/year. That's top 5 Center money (https://overthecap.com/position/center/). How many bad snaps from McGovern do we have to see? How many time do we have to see McGovern getting his stuffing pushed into the QB's lap? I think $7-$8 million/year is reasonable. But I'd be ok with pushing Risner to Center, Bolles to Guard. FA Shirff at the other Guard, and draft a 1st or 2nd round Left Tackle.
    I don't think anyone is saying $12 million/year. I think he will likely get about $9 million/year, which is about what Paradis got last year. Yes, Paradis is better, but McGovern is healthy. So, I think that is likely the price point. If the market goes silly (which does happen) He could go for over 10, at which point the Broncos should wish him the best and try to draft Biadasz.

Leave a comment:

• CEH
    replied
    Elway does not value the C position. I'm sure they will set an upper limit and some team will go above that.

Leave a comment:

• UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
    replied
    I don't get it. I mean I get that McGovern should get paid. McGovern wasn't the worst center in the league. But people are throwing around $10-$12 million/year. That's top 5 Center money (https://overthecap.com/position/center/). How many bad snaps from McGovern do we have to see? How many time do we have to see McGovern getting his stuffing pushed into the QB's lap? I think $7-$8 million/year is reasonable. But I'd be ok with pushing Risner to Center, Bolles to Guard. FA Shirff at the other Guard, and draft a 1st or 2nd round Left Tackle.

Leave a comment:

• v2micca
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncojef View Post
    Kind of weird how many players on our crappy team are set for a big payday. We’re faced with paying big money in the hopes of staying the same team.
    Looking through our Unrestricted Free Agents, I'm only seeing Chris Harris (maybe), Shelby Harris, Connor McGovern, and Justin Simmons as really being in line for significant pay raises. You'll note that most of those names are on the defensive side of the ball that really tested its depth with injuries this season, yet still graded in the top third by most metrics.

Leave a comment:

• v2micca
    replied
    Originally posted by Aztec Bronco View Post
    Something like 3/27 for McGovern would be fine. He's a solid starter on a unit where you can't afford more holes, that's worth the cost.
    Might as well give him 4/36 since they will only guarantee the first two years anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Broncojef
    replied
    Kind of weird how many players on our crappy team are set for a big payday. We’re faced with paying big money in the hopes of staying the same team.

Leave a comment:

• Aztec Bronco
    replied
    Something like 3/27 for McGovern would be fine. He's a solid starter on a unit where you can't afford more holes, that's worth the cost.

Leave a comment:

• jmz313
    replied
    Originally posted by v2micca View Post

I personally hope he plays in at least 19 games for the Broncos next season.
    NICE!!!! BUT

Equal chances we go 19-0 to James playing every game.

Leave a comment:

• Slade
    replied
    Obviously Brandon Scherff is way better than McGovern, but we can't have both and since Scherff is RG that means LG would be a rookie. For the sake of Bolles, I actually think it makes sense to keep McGovern...and there keep Risner at LG.

The only position we would need is RG, and if we draft one high...maybe trading back to get more picks, he could start.

Leave a comment:

• Old Coyote
    replied
    It's easier to find a guard then a Tackle or Center.
    Risner can play Tackle too. McGovern moving to Center is good for that reason.

I say Draft the best Olineman available regardless of spot. If the best is a guard. So be it.

We need to build off BPA not desperation.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X