X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHEF LUIGI
    replied
    Originally posted by strafen View Post

I looked at the replay multiple times, it looks to me as though Clowney went for his head. Wentz was already down, knees down, elbows down, Clowney didn’t have to go after him like that.
    The first thing that made contact with Wentz, was the crown of Clowney’s helmet hitting Wentz on the back of his head before anything else made contact, perhaps the shoulder pads touched but by no means with any damaging force.
    There was an attempt to hurt Wentz, period!
    I agree 100 %

Leave a comment:

• CHEF LUIGI
    replied
    Originally posted by uplink View Post
    I think Clowney should be suspended for the hit. Looks like he did it on purpose. There are so many accidental hits that draw penalties, strange the refs didn't catch this one.
    when you watch it in real time it looks like clowney was indeeed intent on hitting the QB and doind some damage.
    He led with his helmet he launched off his feat, QB was down before impact and looking to be down before clowney put in that fullon effort to hit him.
    should have been ejected,I agree.

Leave a comment:

• TonyR
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Prefontaine View Post

Ok. You're lost my friend.
    I've had these "debates" with him a few times before. It's not worth the effort.

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    ^^ Thanks for the info.

Leave a comment:

• CHEF LUIGI
    replied
    Originally posted by -Rod- View Post

Kyle might have a slight edge because he not only knows Kubiak's offense inside out, but he also has his father as a resource to know how Kubiak thinks. I don't think Kubiak will spend the next few days trying to trick Kyle and Mike. Kyle, on the other hand, might be more creative and flexible. However, it's Stefanski who calls the plays for the Vikings and we don't know his influence during game planning.

By the way, of the final 8, half of them - the 49ers, Vikings, Packers and Titans are running a variation of the Shanahan / Kubiak system. Kyle. Kubiak and LaFleur learned from Mike. Arthur Smith learned from LaFleur and kept the system in place. I think it's absurd that Mike is not formally coaching in the NFL in some capacity, even though he is clearly serving as Kyle's advisor.
    to be clear, mike shanahan does not no dick about offensive line or running backs.
    He is a QB whisperer who dresses up formations to look like something different but they are just pass plays from a pass junkie !
    In his own book Mike shanahans own book he makes it very clear he knew nothing about the o line or the run game when he returned from oakland to eventually denver as HC.
    when he came to denver as HC, he brought with him
    KUBIAK
    alex Gibbs
    and bobby turner.
    these 3, NOT shanahan, developed the RUN game that brought home a trophy to denver !
    KYLE was sent to TEXAS by his dad to learn how to be a coach from KUBIAK !
    when daddy shanny got a gig in washington, he took GIBBS and TURNER with him !
    TURNER is the RB coach now in frisco, and kyle met his Oline coach in TEXAS when he was with KUBIAK !
    it is not the shanahan system.
    it is the
    GIBBS + TURNER run system !
    there is no 'shanahan tree" it is the bill walsh tree that is enhanced with kubiaks west texas run game !
    thats reality
    mike shanahan is , was, and will always be just a QB / OC coach that took the advice of the oakland raiders when they fired him and brought people in that knew things that he did not !
    It is in Mike's own book !

Leave a comment:

• jmz313
    replied
    Originally posted by strafen View Post

I looked at the replay multiple times, it looks to me as though Clowney went for his head. Wentz was already down, knees down, elbows down, Clowney didn’t have to go after him like that.
    The first thing that made contact with Wentz, was the crown of Clowney’s helmet hitting Wentz on the back of his head before anything else made contact, perhaps the shoulder pads touched but by no means with any damaging force.
    Super Dirty. Borderline criminal that he got away without even a penalty

Leave a comment:

• uplink
    replied
    I think Clowney should be suspended for the hit. Looks like he did it on purpose. There are so many accidental hits that draw penalties, strange the refs didn't catch this one.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Prefontaine
    replied
    Originally posted by 69bronco View Post

Was good when he was starting in philly. Sb mvp and had arguably the best sb performance of all time against the best defensive coach of all time. Wentz would be a back up anywhere now if he didn’t get drafted so high.
    Ok. You're lost my friend.

Leave a comment:

• strafen
    replied
    Originally posted by jmz313 View Post
    Still shocked that Clowney got away with that. He was down, it was to the head, just dirty. If that was on russel Wilson, he’d been ejected.

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    Originally posted by GoneFishin' View Post

Kubes has been involved in so many big games ...and now he's game planning against Kyle. This should be interesting. The Niner teams have yet to play in the playoffs in the Shanahan/Lynch era. Are they ready to be the #1 seed or could this be their Jacksonville? I think if the Niners shut down Cook early and put the pressure on Cousins it's curtains. But if Cook starts cooking'...then buckle up.
    Kyle might have a slight edge because he not only knows Kubiak's offense inside out, but he also has his father as a resource to know how Kubiak thinks. I don't think Kubiak will spend the next few days trying to trick Kyle and Mike. Kyle, on the other hand, might be more creative and flexible. However, it's Stefanski who calls the plays for the Vikings and we don't know his influence during game planning.

By the way, of the final 8, half of them - the 49ers, Vikings, Packers and Titans are running a variation of the Shanahan / Kubiak system. Kyle. Kubiak and LaFleur learned from Mike. Arthur Smith learned from LaFleur and kept the system in place. I think it's absurd that Mike is not formally coaching in the NFL in some capacity, even though he is clearly serving as Kyle's advisor.

Leave a comment:

• Agamemnon
    replied

Was good when he was starting in philly. Sb mvp and had arguably the best sb performance of all time against the best defensive coach of all time. Wentz would be a back up anywhere now if he didn’t get drafted so high.
    Huh? He was the backup behind Wentz

Leave a comment:

• 69bronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

Foles sucks when he’s the starter rather than the backup.

Leave a comment:

• CHEF LUIGI
    replied
    Originally posted by Brohemoth View Post
    Is Wentz the next Andrew Luck?
    jim plunkett ?

Leave a comment:

• balero
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Agamemnon
    replied

All I’m really saying is foles> wentz and foles was benched for a rookie, might want to bring him back he was a perfect fit.
    Foles sucks when he’s the starter rather than the backup.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X