• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts?

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/carson-...031728903.html

Comment

Originally posted by pricejj View Post

Hold on a minute there, Tony. Let's take a look at it. Drew Lock had a QB Rating of 89.7 in his first 5 games. Logically, that should get better. How much better does it have to get to be top 8?
      Which one of those QBs with top ratings have a dynamic running game?

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

I think it's quite possible, maybe even likely if he keeps working his ass off the way he did this past season. I saw a lot of improvement from what he was as a senior in college, so I think he has it in him to keep getting better at a relatively fast rate.
        This coming season though? Top 8? Not impossible, but highly unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoblood32 View Post

Which one of those QBs with top ratings have a dynamic running game?
          running game does not matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Slade View Post
            ...and we will be better next year.

We had bad injuries, lost close games, had terrible QB play for part of the season...but after watching some Wild Card football, I'm convinced we were a top 10 team. We just got very unlucky.

Next year, we will be better. I'm excited. 2nd year for coaches, Lock, etc. Lots of money for FA. And loads of draft picks.

We will be a top 5 team. With a little luck,

I think our team will contend for the SB next year.

Heck, if we resigned all our players except for Flacco and Leary, we could contend.

But if we do good in DA, have a great draft, and avoid injuries, the sky is the limit.
            Figures lie and liars figure. I don't care about top 10 this or that. We simply were 7 - 9. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't care about close games. I believe we will be better next year. SB contending That is a real stretch because our team has not yet showed that they can win games against the elite teams at the end of the game. There is usually a learning curve in being able to win big games, against the best teams.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post

This coming season though? Top 8? Not impossible, but highly unlikely.
              Given what I saw from him as a rookie, I don’t think it’s that unlikely. Scangs is the x-factor though. I really didn’t like the job he did in his first year, and I’m a bit worried he’s going to anchor down Lock’s production.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoblood32 View Post
                The way I look at it is how far are the Broncos from beating the Chiefs?

Well, that is not close. Not at all. Anyone have any sort of delusion that this team can get within 7 points of the Chiefs?

if so, what evidence are you using? Yes, this team was competitive in most games. Had some nice wins against the Texans and Titans.

I just see the Chiefs and as of now, that is far from solved.
                It would help not to play our two worst games of the season against them lol. I mean they lost to the two teams you just mentioned us having nice wins against. They really aren’t as good as you’re making them out to be.

Comment

Its two fold and a process. Top 10-12 is a playoff team. I think they are right on the cusp if they can learn how to close out games . Top 4 is the KC Chiefs. Have a ways to go to get to top 4.

Comment

Working...
                  X