Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Progress on the new Broncos indoor facility.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progress on the new Broncos indoor facility.

Apologies for not finding the original thread.

Some of you may recall they recently broke ground on the new 35 Million dollar facility (thanks broke Bowlen!) that will include a new gym and indoor football field to practice in during lightning storms.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...-valley/23262/

It's going to sit in what was a dirt lot

Here's another angle

And this is from the inside.

Anyway, pretty cool. Two things I recently found out. The first is there will be much more room for fans to sit and watch practice on the two fields since that area is being raised and expanded back into a pavilion. The second which they announced locally on the radio is they will also be creating an entirely new workout space that will "compete with some SEC college football locker rooms." I found that funny.

Anyway they've been doing a lot. Right now there is giant mountain of soil where fan and press parking was. They are already starting on digging up around the west side wall too. It's scheduled to be completed this time next year, last I heard. Pretty exciting.

That's just wonderful. it should really get the players ready for those cold harsh playoff games. I wonder if it will come with an air conditioner and snow blowers in the ceiling to mimic outdoor conditions? Get some fans in there to simulate a natural breeze. Put all these extra touches together and you'll get the perfect outdoor trainer at altitude.... inside.

Comment

$35 million and the practice facility will be 115,000 square feet?

Why not just use Shanahan's Estate? Then again, Mike might be using it in the near future.

Comment

Is this the first time this was posted here? I've known about for some time buy couldn't find an original thread. They've been talking about it quite a bit. Joe Ellis was a guest on both radio stations I listen to discussing it.

Comment

I remember seeing a thread around here not too long ago when they broke ground.

Comment

Cool. Are the fields going to be natural grass?

Comment

It's just like Hollywood.

19 million square feet of buildings, and not a bathroom, toilet or Honey Bucket anywhere to be seen.

Comment

We landed on the moon!?

Med called that.

EDIT: there did used to be a thread that mentioned it, but not sure what happened to it.
                Last edited by theAPAOps5; 12-11-2013, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
                  Cool. Are the fields going to be natural grass?
                  The outside ones already are - so yes. It doesn't say, but since there was no mention of the roof of the indoor one opening, I can only assume no.

Comment

pretty sure playing indoors would not be their problem.

Comment

Originally posted by broncocalijohn View Post
                      $35 million and the practice facility will be 115,000 square feet?

Why not just use Shanahan's Estate? Then again, Mike might be using it in the near future.
                      I thought Peyton moved into Shanahan's estate.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                        The outside ones already are - so yes. It doesn't say, but since there was no mention of the roof of the indoor one opening, I can only assume no.
                        Two of the outdoor fields are grass. The north field, closest to the jail is that sports turf.

Comment

No windows to help deter NE insect-sized spy drones, I see.

Comment

Originally posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
                            Two of the outdoor fields are grass. The north field, closest to the jail is that sports turf.
                            They're going to tear it up and put in grass, apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
                              That's just wonderful. it should really get the players ready for those cold harsh playoff games. I wonder if it will come with an air conditioner and snow blowers in the ceiling to mimic outdoor conditions? Get some fans in there to simulate a natural breeze. Put all these extra touches together and you'll get the perfect outdoor trainer at altitude.... inside.
                              Tom Brady and the patriots approve.

We just got that much softer.

Comment

Working...
                              X