Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dear John Elway - 2020 BETTER BE A PLAYOFF YEAR. NO MORE EXCUSES.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MamaMia View Post
    Wait, we have a qb? When did that happen?

Also, Fant looks like a 2nd or 3rd round TE, not an elite guy.

I know we won a couple games against bad teams but i dont see us being much better next year. Its time to do a real, no bs actual rebuild

Comment

I know we won a couple games against bad teams but i dont see us being much better next year. Its time to do a real, no bs actual rebuild
      I had been down on Fant at the beginning...but even I think he made some improvement over the course of the season. I don't think he will ever be a good blocker. He wasn't drafted to be a good blocker. Barring injury, he should round into a really good pass catching TE that creates mismatches. That's what he was supposed to be on draft day....it looks like he'll be that. The gameplan just shouldn't rely on him as a blocker.

Comment

• Originally posted by Action View Post
        What does a 1st round TE look like in year 1?
        Oh maybe around 40 Catches 562 yards and 3 TD's is realistic.

Maybe 20 for 265 if you are a scrub like Vernon Davis, 2 for 16 if you are Ben Watson, and 29 for 340 for Dallas Clark.

Why stop at the first round TE's.
        Kelce: didn't play as a rookie
        Gronk: 42 for 546
        Kittle: 43 for 515
        Olsen: 39 for 391
        Andrews: 34 for 552
        Ertz: 36 for 469
        Rudoph: 26 for 249
        A. Gates: 24 for 389
        T. Gonzales: 33 for 368
        J. Witten: 35 for 347
        J. Graham: 31 for 356
        S. Sharpe: 7 for 99

Comment

Are you serious?

Did you not see a difference between Lock and Flacco?

Comment

• Originally posted by mhgaffney View Post
            Elway needs to defer to Munchak and Fangio.

Munchak regarding offensive players and Fangio regarding defensive players. Pretty simple. If he does that...the sky is the limit.
            No. That is beyond wrong my man. One of Elways biggest problems has Bren that he keeps his coaches in the war room to take “their guy” Bolles....McCoy advocated heavily for him) over scouts grades.

Kick the coaches out of the room and then tell them to coach and develop what he gives them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zerovoltz View Post

I had been down on Fant at the beginning...but even I think he made some improvement over the course of the season. I don't think he will ever be a good blocker. He wasn't drafted to be a good blocker. Barring injury, he should round into a really good pass catching TE that creates mismatches. That's what he was supposed to be on draft day....it looks like he'll be that. The gameplan just shouldn't rely on him as a blocker.
              He’s made a lot of strides throughout his first season when it comes to blocking actually. My biggest concern with Fant is his catch radius/ball skills/hands. He’s got the speed and size to threaten defenses as is, but he has a lot of work to do if he wants to be an all-around receiving threat and a premier tight end.

Comment

• dear john.
                You are doing a great job ! our broncos have been pretty much dogshyte when you were not a part of the team. We did have one amazing SB run back in the late '70's when most mane members were not alive or still wetting their pants, but having JFE on our side has always made us a viable franchise !
                some maners are still wetting their pants, but that's what happens when you have the patience of an avalanche and the memory of a fruit fly.
                THanks John, real bronco fans love and adore you for all you have done and try to do,. Now get to work and get it done.
                with love and appreciation, all true bronco fans .

Comment

• Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
                  dear john.
                  You are doing a great job ! our broncos have been pretty much dogshyte when you were not a part of the team. We did have one amazing SB run back in the late '70's when most mane members were not alive or still wetting their pants, but having JFE on our side has always made us a viable franchise !
                  some maners are still wetting their pants, but that's what happens when you have the patience of an avalanche and the memory of a fruit fly.
                  THanks John, real bronco fans love and adore you for all you have done and try to do,. Now get to work and get it done.
                  with love and appreciation, all true bronco fans .
                  what does "Now get to work and get it done." mean to you? Is 8-8 getting it done? Another 7-9 season? 9-7 ?

with love and appreciation, a true bronco fan
                  Last edited by CEH; 01-07-2020, 08:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by spdirty View Post

No. That is beyond wrong my man. One of Elways biggest problems has Bren that he keeps his coaches in the war room to take “their guy” Bolles....McCoy advocated heavily for him) over scouts grades.

Kick the coaches out of the room and then tell them to coach and develop what he gives them.
                    This, so much this. Coaches aren't scouts.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post

And GMs aren’t coaches yet they influence who plays and who doesn’t.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post

No, but they have knowledge that should be utilized. You can't cut out their feedback.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2KBack View Post

No, but they have knowledge that should be utilized. You can't cut out their feedback.
                          Feedback sure, to a degree, but final say? No.

Comment

• Originally posted by CEH View Post

what does "Now get to work and get it done." mean to you? Is 8-8 getting it done? Another 7-9 season? 9-7 ?

with love and appreciation, a true bronco fan
                            it menas focus on the future and getting it done means working hard every day to get to and win the SB.
                            win the SB is always the objective and you have to work hard every day to get there.

Comment

• It's hard finding a QB. If Lock is the answer Denver could be a playoff team, sure why not?

Comment

• Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

He’s made a lot of strides throughout his first season when it comes to blocking actually. My biggest concern with Fant is his catch radius/ball skills/hands. He’s got the speed and size to threaten defenses as is, but he has a lot of work to do if he wants to be an all-around receiving threat and a premier tight end.
                                Right. He seems more athlete than football player. Football instincts seem to be lacking especially when the ball is in the air. He has the physical ability to become everything Kittle is but I don't know if he has the instincts to do it. But if he can become 80% of the player Kittle is we're going to be just fine. Someone tell me, is Fant a football junkie? How bad does he want to be great? Is he going to look like a completely different player in a couple of years? I really want to see him thrashing the league the way Kittle and Kelce do. But those guys play with a fire I haven't quite seen from Fant yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X