2020 draft thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Requiem View Post

Good luck to the Broncos finding value at #15 for a cornerback in this year's class.
    You don't think Fulton, Diggs or Henderson are worth mid first round picks? I do think there will be value in the second four CB, much like WR. Im hoping they trade down if they don't like the OT available at 15, but CB does seem like a strong possibility

Comment

• Originally posted by sgbfan View Post

You don't think Fulton, Diggs or Henderson are worth mid first round picks? I do think there will be value in the second four CB, much like WR. Im hoping they trade down if they don't like the OT available at 15, but CB does seem like a strong possibility
      Not interested in Fulton. Poor ball skills and character concerns. Don't like Diggs' value there and don't think he's the best scheme fit. Henderson has great ball skills but is a bit too feast or famine for me at #15. I think a much better value and scheme fit presents itself in on Day 2. I like Adebo and Hall in Fangio's defense.

Comment

• I'm sure I just missed the inside scoop on this guy, but won't somebody have mercy on me and tell me the deal on Duke Dawson?

He was a second-round pick just last year .... Didn't play a single down last season, then Belichick gave him to us for basically nothing. Literally nothing.

Comment

CJ Henderson. Good length, very physical, good hands, coverage ability and ball skills. Needs to get stronger and can sometimes be caught peaking at the QB. His weaknesses are easily polishable. Has all the physical tools. Can put him on an island and trust him.

Comment

Not interested in Fulton. Poor ball skills and character concerns. Don't like Diggs' value there and don't think he's the best scheme fit. Henderson has great ball skills but is a bit too feast or famine for me at #15. I think a much better value and scheme fit presents itself in on Day 2. I like Adebo and Hall in Fangio's defense.
            Meanwhile to Fangio “defensive backs are defensive backs” lol.

Comment

I think there is enough depth at CB to wait until the 2nd round. Im still a fan of trading down if none of the top OT fall to 15.

Comment

• Originally posted by CEH View Post
                How many internet GM thought Kareem was going to be a great S? I don’t think too many ppl on the internet know exactly what Fangio wants in his CBs so who knows which ones they like.
                1. Fangio said "DB's are DB's, they can either cover or they can't."
                2. Regarding Req's Viska points. I agree that his play style may severely affect his ability to stay healthy, but I'd also consider him at #15. Only problem is, in this draft you could theoretically take a guy like Devonta Smith much later, who might be a better longterm player. But Broncos might be cornered into taking WR at #15 if they don't pay an FA WR big money.

Comment

I think there is enough depth at CB to wait until the 2nd round. Im still a fan of trading down if none of the top OT fall to 15.
                  Gotta get a true lockdown LCB in FA, if you're going to wait until later in the draft to get a Nickel CB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ratboy View Post

A big need doesn't always mean the biggest need.

A mix of BPA and need should be in play. You don't take a player solely because of need, because you end up with Garrett Bolles.
                    all i know is i just watched cleveland go into a season with a promising 2nd year qb and a bunch of "weapons" and no offensive line. we saw that bs get exposed real quick. we need both lines fixed and bpa is kind of bull**** at 15 cause you know that there is a offensive line or defensive line guy that's an all pro waiting there. give me that need.

Comment

• All I know is that pick 15 is going to net a very good player because inevitably a good player will fall because teams will reach on QBs. I’m hoping for the second best (in the entire draft) WR, CB, OT because someone gonna fall...

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoBuff View Post
                        I'm sure I just missed the inside scoop on this guy, but won't somebody have mercy on me and tell me the deal on Duke Dawson?

He was a second-round pick just last year .... Didn't play a single down last season, then Belichick gave him to us for basically nothing. Literally nothing.
                        It's less about Duke being a huge bust, more about New England getting great results from UDFAs the last two years and stacking the room at corner. I actually thought he played fairly well for us but Vic had enough of the penalties and sat him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

Meanwhile to Fangio “defensive backs are defensive backs” lol.
                          It's not as simple as that and Vic knows it and you do too.

My point was is they are going to be looking for prospects whose abilities can be maximized with our coaching staff and scheme. SBGFAN gave a list of players and I responded with my thoughts. I don't think the first two are the best fits all things considered. I very well could be wrong, but I'm not keen on those two at fifteen for more than a few reasons. Some I've mentioned, some I have not.

That being said, Fangio has a track record of getting quality play out of lesser-known talents in the secondary. For example, look at what he was able to get out of Perrish Cox in SF. He had him creating turnovers and making plays on the ball. Did well at reading the play ahead of him and had great click-and-close abilities out of zone. I don't think it's an area where a first-round pick is absolutely necessary. They have five picks on Day 2 to get a corner who will see snaps next season.

I think Bausby, D. Harris, Yiadom, Callahan, and Dawson all come back to camp. I'd like to see them go after Logan Ryan unless he decides to stay in Tennesse (or is crazy spending) and add someone Day 2 at CB. Bring in a Day 3 guy as well. That'd be my commitment to bolster the corps. I'd love Ryan in this defense. I think he's a great fit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aztec Bronco View Post

It's less about Duke being a huge bust, more about New England getting great results from UDFAs the last two years and stacking the room at corner. I actually thought he played fairly well for us but Vic had enough of the penalties and sat him.
                            Over the last half of the season, it seems as if Vic and Ed were really doing what they could to rotate those guys and get them as much snaps as possible. However, toward the years end, you saw Will Parks in more defensive packages (snap percent) than guys like Dawson, Harris, etc. Yiadom 48 percent of snaps, D. Harris at 40.5 percent, Dawson at 33 percent. I believe Parks was 51 percent.

I like that all of them got a quality percentage of snaps for an evaluation process for the coaches to have in the offseason.

Comment

• Stud lockdown CBs are selected all over the 1st round. here a few outside the top 10

peters
                              white
                              revis
                              humphrey
                              talib
                              A Jackson

Comment

• Originally posted by pricejj View Post
                                Broncos might be cornered into taking WR at #15 if they don't pay an FA WR big money.
                                This is just crazy talk.

Comment

Working...
                                X