No announcement yet.

2020 draft thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hamilton definitely is a guy who will play a bunch of snaps and get targets with Lock.

Comment

Originally posted by gyldenlove View Post
      Projections have us getting a 5th and 2 7th round comp picks.
      15 picks. No reason not to package and trade back into earlier rounds. I wouldn't mind seeing them move up into the top 10, depending on who is available.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratboy View Post

15 picks. No reason not to package and trade back into earlier rounds. I wouldn't mind seeing them move up into the top 10, depending on who is available.
        Where are you getting 15 picks?

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
          Hamilton definitely is a guy who will play a bunch of snaps and get targets with Lock.
          He showed that he can play with Lock. There is still room for a speedy receiver that can stretch the field.

I would love to see Denver trade into the Top 10 and draft Ruggs III. Lock needs a player like him.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

Where are you getting 15 picks?
            Maybe I miss understood. I was under the impression we had 12, excluding the comp picks. Is 12 including?

Comment

Originally posted by Ratboy View Post

Maybe I miss understood. I was under the impression we had 12, excluding the comp picks. Is 12 including?
              I’m pretty sure it’s 9 + whatever comp picks we get.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

I’m pretty sure it’s 9 + whatever comp picks we get.
                My fault. I saw the number 12 floating around and didn't realize it was actually projecting comp picks. Even so, 9 is good. Especially with most being pretty early.

Hopefully Elway & Co can continue hitting on the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by Allen C View Post

I actually think we need 2 WRs in this draft and would love it if 2 of our 3rd round picks went to the position. Donovan Peoples Jones, Tylan Wallace, Denzel Mims and Bryan Edwards should all be available in the 3rd or 4th round.

Peoples Jones and Wallace are burners, Mims plays like Sutton and Edwards reminds me of Deebo Samuel
                  Wallace announced he was going back to Okie St and People-Jones is likely staying at Michigan. Tarik Black is transferring most likely to Boston College so DPJ and Nico Collins will be the undisputed top 2 WR's.

Comment

Tyler Johnson in the 3rd replaces Hamilton in the slot. DHam who can fight for a roster spot
                    Reagor in the 2nd is the speed guy
                    first round OT or CB

that still leaves 2 3rds and 2 4ths for oline dline rb

Comment

• Laviska is legit a top five player that I watched in college this year.

Comment

• If Love can go Top 15 and push a non-QB prospect to us...
                        Last edited by GoneFishin'; 01-04-2020, 10:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoneFishin' View Post

If Love can go Top 15 and push a non-QB prospect to us...
                          Well, Daniel Jones went in the top 15. So, anything is possible if a GM falls in love. But Love seems like a mid to late round pick to me.

Comment

• Denver Broncos — The Broncos have a quarterback and wide receiver they are very excited about in Drew Lock and Courtland Sutton. The team wants to improve the offensive line, but there is a feeling around the league that none of the top three tackles will be available at No. 15 overall. With Chris Harris Jr. becoming a free agent, cornerback becomes a very real possibility.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...t-insider-buzz

Comment

• I'll filter this and other musings into my original post in the thread (which will be up probably tomorrow):

Regarding Austin Jackson: I like his tools and upside, but A.J. Epenesa ripped his jock off and made him drink out of the toilet all game long. He went up against one of the best and got crapped on. I don't know if he comes in and competes well enough to start right away. Denver's first pick has to contribute immediately. That being said, Bolles FYO is probably not getting picked up. Therefore, LT is still a long-term need. If Denver wanted to consider a move up from the second in order to secure his services because of his long-term potential, I'm all about it. They have the resources to do it.

Regarding Laviska Shenault Jr.: Pound for pound one of the most dynamic prospects I've watched the past few seasons. This guy would run through a wall of tanks to catch a pass if he had to. Enthusiasm and passion for the game are palpable. Local kid, undoubtedly going to be high on the Broncos' wishlist. Has the potential to be an absolute difference-maker for this offense. Adds a bunch of options: Z-WR, Wildcat, WR out of backfield in two-back set (saw a few of these plays at the end of the year from Scangerello. A young OC's dream. Trouble is, he has been dinged up and had a handful of injuries. Medicals will be important for him and I'm concerned that his play-style will impact him at the next level as far as injuries go. Not interested in moving up for any WR, but Shenault Jr. at fifteen is something I'd strongly consider.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyR View Post
                                Denver Broncos — The Broncos have a quarterback and wide receiver they are very excited about in Drew Lock and Courtland Sutton. The team wants to improve the offensive line, but there is a feeling around the league that none of the top three tackles will be available at No. 15 overall. With Chris Harris Jr. becoming a free agent, cornerback becomes a very real possibility.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...t-insider-buzz
                                Good luck to the Broncos finding value at #15 for a cornerback in this year's class.

Comment

Working...
                                X